Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will I be Saved Without Believing Paul Was An Apostle?
Yes 33 64.71%
No 7 13.73%
I Dont Know 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:32 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,964,645 times

Advertisements

Before you cast your vote, let me explain. I'm someone who believes Paul was a false Apostle, therefore I don't believe the entire "Bible". What I do believe is I am saved because of God's grace. I believe He sent the promised Messiah to be the sacrifice for our sin, as well as be our teacher, master, and our perfect example of how we are to live. I believe that the Word of Elohim (Yahushua) teaches us that being born again means being set free from sin. I believe that it's part of Elohim's plan to let me share in His divine nature, right here and now, and as I seek Him in prayer I will overcome the flesh, because of the power of the Holy Spirit. No, I don't get credit for this, because that's mercifull and gracious of Him to let me share in His divine nature. Also, I can't claim to be without sin, because a great part of my life was very sinfull, so I fully understand that, as well as it's His promise, His divine nature, His Holy Spirit, that allows me to overcome sin and be set free - ALL BECAUSE OF THE LAMB.

So, I don't believe Paul was an Apostle, and I have good reason. I believe and know it's Elohim who's revealed this to me as well. I won't get into that unless asked, but the question is, will I be saved with only listening and obeying the Messiah? I was water baptized by full submersion for the remission of sins, I counted the cost, took up my stake and followed the Lamb, was baptized into His Holy Spirit, and I immerse myself into His teachings daily to make sure I'm His disciple?

Now please, answer the question. You can put a yes or no and then elaborate with if ands or buts, that's fine. Just answer yes or no. Or I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,682 times
I actually went down this path as well. The reason was for the so many contradictios to what even Yahushua had taught. But alas,,this was not the case at all. It was my misunderstanding of Paul and his letters that caused me to see this in a different light.

Peace,
Tony

Old 10-21-2011, 04:10 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,572,082 times
While I disagree with you about Paul, believing in him is not the source of salvation, so I voted yes.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,286,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I actually went down this path as well. The reason was for the so many contradictios to what even Yahushua had taught. But alas,,this was not the case at all. It was my misunderstanding of Paul and his letters that caused me to see this in a different light.

Peace,
Tony
Amen Tony! It takes a big person to admit when you are wrong. God will bless you for that. Paul's writings can be tough, but with persistence and an easy to read translation, and prayer for guidance, things become clear.
Katie

Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,286,704 times
O'Ducky
You believe that you were baptized for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38. This is a good thing!!!
Are you in the least bit open to the possibility that just maybe you could be wrong about Paul? Are you willing to discuss it with an open mind?
Katie
PS I answered I don't know to your poll question.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:02 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,572,082 times
Okay, I'll ask...
Why do you believe that Paul was not an apostle of Jesus? I have a theory, but will withold that opinion. No need to get a running start in order to jump the gun

Old 10-21-2011, 06:50 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Before you cast your vote, let me explain. I'm someone who believes Paul was a false Apostle, therefore I don't believe the entire "Bible". What I do believe is I am saved because of God's grace. I believe He sent the promised Messiah to be the sacrifice for our sin, as well as be our teacher, master, and our perfect example of how we are to live. I believe that the Word of Elohim (Yahushua) teaches us that being born again means being set free from sin. I believe that it's part of Elohim's plan to let me share in His divine nature, right here and now, and as I seek Him in prayer I will overcome the flesh, because of the power of the Holy Spirit. No, I don't get credit for this, because that's mercifull and gracious of Him to let me share in His divine nature. Also, I can't claim to be without sin, because a great part of my life was very sinfull, so I fully understand that, as well as it's His promise, His divine nature, His Holy Spirit, that allows me to overcome sin and be set free - ALL BECAUSE OF THE LAMB.

So, I don't believe Paul was an Apostle, and I have good reason. I believe and know it's Elohim who's revealed this to me as well. I won't get into that unless asked, but the question is, will I be saved with only listening and obeying the Messiah? I was water baptized by full submersion for the remission of sins, I counted the cost, took up my stake and followed the Lamb, was baptized into His Holy Spirit, and I immerse myself into His teachings daily to make sure I'm His disciple?

Now please, answer the question. You can put a yes or no and then elaborate with if ands or buts, that's fine. Just answer yes or no. Or I don't know.
I strongly suspect the state of your soul is completely up to God, not City-Data posters, or any other humans for that matter.

I'm not too thrilled with Paul myself, or at least not with how his letters written to specific people in a specific time and place for a specific purpose have somehow jumped to the status of "the word of God" or being considered applicable to everyone. There is some wisdom found in those letters, I won't deny that, but Paul does not equal God.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
I'll leave your judgment to God.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,892,899 times
Believing that Paul was an Apostle is not a criteria for being saved. So yes, you can go to heaven believing Paul was not an apostle.

There are apostles, and then there are Apostles. For example, Peter, who without question was an apostle, vehemently denied knowing Jesus three times. Even Judas, who betrayed Christ, was considered an apostle. Too often we consider apostles as living on some sort of protected and elevated sphere way above humanity, untouched by sin and failures of mankind. This was not the case. They were subject to failure just as every common citizen is. And they sometimes disagreed sharply with each other: Paul and Barnabas didn't see eye-to-eye on at least one occasion, and went separate directions. (Acts 15:35-40)

Is everything written by Paul in the Bible God-inspired? How do we even know that the particular version of the Bible that we use from day to day is the "right one"? (there are many) How do you know which books belong in the Bible, and which do not? Because some church or denomination said so? Or because we have thoroughly researched the matter for ourselves, and have come to our own conclusion?

You don't have to believe Paul was an apostle to make it into heaven.

Bud

Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,964,645 times
Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm curious as to who the "nos" are. And hey, it's ok if you say no, that's your opinion. And don't think this is judging me, as I don't take it as that. I have asked a question of judging right or wrong. It's not really about judging me as an individual more than than it is about the simple question. So feel free to speak openly about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity