Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,963,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Those kinds of excuses is all the wolves need to not be noticed and hide behind.

Many times, it is not about the disagreement or someone arguing wanting to be right. It is when there is sharing going on and someone comes in and rather than realizing they are talking to a believer they accuse others like saying "You worship a different Jesus" or "You are dead in your sins" often to cover up being wrong But they imply that somehow there will be curses upon them of some sort because they see God in a different way so they are accused of having belief contrary to God as if they carry the absolute truth and have the right to speak for a God in that manner.
What makes a wolf in sheep's clothing is the fact that they realize what they are doing and it's intentional. They have no problem with what they are doing because that's the purpose. They intentionally seek to decieve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Angels don't have free will in the Old Testament, so no such verse exists.
Where do you get that angels don't have free will? What verse is that? According to God the angels do have free will and many of them chose to disobey and were kicked out of heaven along with Satan.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM

6 posts, read 5,781 times
Default Matthew 7

The first thing that came to my mind is Matthew7:22 (&23).

Matthew 7:22-23
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

God is not the author of confusion.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,038,005 times
Speaking always well of the worthy, but never ill of the unworthy, we also shall attain to the glory and kingdom of God

Old 10-26-2011, 08:03 PM

I think you are referring to a completely different situation than the original question. I agree with you. Certainly in that situation that is a picture of an immature Christian (1 Corinthians 3:3). Please don't misunderstand. I am not saying only immature Christians get in arguments, but I do believe that a mature Christian would experience this much much much less than those who are new in Christ or simply immature in the Word of God. But again, the situation the person presented before is not an example of Christ. It completely contradicts the Word of God to say you are "intentionally" presenting yourself in a false way.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJ. View Post
The first thing that came to my mind is Matthew7:22 (&23).

Matthew 7:22-23
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

God is not the author of confusion.
This is true. Why do you think of that, after reading something about sheep in wolves clothing? Those who said Master Master, were accually believers who thought they were saved.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Speaking always well of the worthy, but never ill of the unworthy, we also shall attain to the glory and kingdom of God
What are you getting at? It's not right for me to post a question like this?

I accually believe it's good to discuss this. This kind of stuff is going on in the world. That would be like saying not to mention the Messiahs warnings to us. It's like saying, "hey shut up, don't speak about that stuff".

The reason I posted this is to try and get us talking about the heavenly messengers who were revealed in the flesh and discuss them, and prove as well, that they were always who they were and obedient to holiness.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJ. View Post
I think you are referring to a completely different situation than the original question. I agree with you. Certainly in that situation that is a picture of an immature Christian (1 Corinthians 3:3). Please don't misunderstand. I am not saying only immature Christians get in arguments, but I do believe that a mature Christian would experience this much much much less than those who are new in Christ or simply immature in the Word of God. But again, the situation the person presented before is not an example of Christ. It completely contradicts the Word of God to say you are "intentionally" presenting yourself in a false way.
Not sure what your getting at there. Are you saying that intentionally presenting yourself in a false way is not God's will? Of course not.

But are you saying it's not possible for someone to intentionally do this and it doesn't happen?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:17 PM

I don't understand your question, sorry. To me it's an oxymoron. How can you be "a believer who thought you were saved"? The reality is in verse 23 He says "I NEVER KNEW YOU, depart from me you who practice lawlessness". Who were they believing in when Jesus our Lord never knew them? And how were they believing when they were "practicing" lawlessness. They were wolves in she eps clothing. From my understanding (and I could be wrong)... they were like the Pharisees, who thought their righteousness was based on what they did (their works)....

Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Angels don't have free will in the Old Testament, so no such verse exists.
Where does it say they don't, Fiyero?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity