Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times

Advertisements

...when you arrived in heaven and you discovered that His plan for those who said no thanks to Jesus when they were alive did not line up with your theology?

I am not asking what one thinks the Bible says, but am asking what your decision would be. What your reaction would be. That sort of thing.

Me: I have always believed God is soveriegn and who am I to tell God how to run things. I would not reject God even if my theology is wrong in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Probably not, since the question implies we would still have the reasoning we use down here, my self preservation would take over and certainly I'd not reject God if otherwise I'd be endlessly tormented.

But the question also implies that you get to decide after you die. Interesting.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,273 times
I believe (with utter certainty) that when anyone, whether it be the bride of Christ or the most hardened atheist, stands before the Father, they won't have an opinion on anything. We will all know without any doubt that He is God and that all of His ways are right, just, perfect and holy. Those who are bound for hell will know very clearly why and that it's just.

We won't consider our own theology or beliefs, except for how wrong and/or sinful they were because we didn't first seek God for His understanding but, instead, opted for our own understanding and desires for how we wanted things to be done.

Standing before God, not one person will have a single argument or excuse. I whole-heartedly believe that each of us will know the truth at that time and every question or doubt will have been erased.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:13 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I believe (with utter certainty) that when anyone, whether it be the bride of Christ or the most hardened atheist, stands before the Father, they won't have an opinion on anything. We will all know without any doubt that He is God and that all of His ways are right, just, perfect and holy. Those who are bound for hell will know very clearly why and that it's just.

We won't consider our own theology or beliefs, except for how wrong and/or sinful they were because we didn't first seek God for His understanding but, instead, opted for our own understanding and desires for how we wanted things to be done.

Standing before God, not one person will have a single argument or excuse. I whole-heartedly believe that each of us will know the truth at that time and every question or doubt will have been erased.

Probably right, so if you are wrong that your particular belief spared you and you are one headed for hell, you will know that it is just.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:34 PM

4 posts, read 5,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
...when you arrived in heaven and you discovered that His plan for those who said no thanks to Jesus when they were alive did not line up with your theology?

I am not asking what one thinks the Bible says, but am asking what your decision would be. What your reaction would be. That sort of thing.

Me: I have always believed God is soveriegn and who am I to tell God how to run things. I would not reject God even if my theology is wrong in this area.
I would hit my knees and pray for forgiveness, with tears in my eyes

Old 11-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Probably right, so if you are wrong that your particular belief spared you and you are one headed for hell, you will know that it is just.
I already know that I deserve hell and nothing less. To not understand that is to not understand the nature of God, the nature of man and the nature of sin. One sin is all it takes because, above all, God is righteous and holy. Yes, He's also merciful, kind and loving but His righteousness and holiness will be carried out.

God's mercy also has limits. Isaiah 55:6-7 says, “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon”

How can God do that and have His righteousness, holiness and justice upheld? Because He gave Jesus, His son, as the only way for people to be reconciled to Him. When people accept Jesus' death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, they accept that He was our propitiation, which simply means that He paid the price for our sins, in our place, because a price had to be paid.

When a person truly becomes a Christian, their life changes and they live out that new life for God. They become a new creation. And God offers His promise of forgiveness and an eternity with Him. That's our hope. Our condemnation is gone.

I believe the scriptures when it says all this so I'm not concerned about going to hell. I have His promise as His child. However, I also accept and honor God's sovereignty. If, in His wisdom, He decided to send me to hell, then yes, I would absolutely know that it is just.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen83 View Post
I would hit my knees and pray for forgiveness, with tears in my eyes
I believe every person who dies without having accepted Jesus will do exactly that, knowing they're guilty and deserve their fate. But, the Bible tells us that it will be too late at that time. (Isaiah 55:6-7 and 2 Corinthians 6:2)

Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
That is why I have already rejected Religions and ideaologies

Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

I think it would be pretty stupid for any of us to "reject God" because we didn't like how He did things.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I believe every person who dies without having accepted Jesus will do exactly that, knowing they're guilty and deserve their fate. But, the Bible tells us that it will be too late at that time. (Isaiah 55:6-7 and 2 Corinthians 6:2)
And what about the ones who never had a chance to accept Jesus? Please don't tell me you don't believe there are such people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity