Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
You just can't link, can you?

And I'll post this passage again -

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, IT penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; IT judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

GOD is NOT an IT.
That's because God is Spirit and Word. The Bible is a compilation of testimonies of the Word and Spirit; but it is not God.

Or do you worship your Bible too???

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did Jesus say His Word IS Life ? You believe the bible is the Word, so you MUST believe it is Life.So if one is Life and the other is not,which one are you choosing ?.
Just show the post where I said it.

Either I said it, or I didn't, and the truth is that I did not. You made it up. What you say above is complete nonsense, and misrepresentarion of my views.

Stay honest my friend, stay honest. That is my advice for you.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,391,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did Jesus say His Word IS Life ? You believe the bible is the Word, so you MUST believe it is Life.

So if one is Life and the other is not,which one are you choosing ?.

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. (Acts 13:48)

Sure seems that the Word of God gives life, eternal life!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,391,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
That's because God is Spirit and Word. The Bible is a compilation of testimonies of the Word and Spirit; but it is not God.

Blessings,
brian

The gentiles glorified the Word.....

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. (Acts 13:48)

Sure seems that the Word of God gives life, eternal life!
The truth is the truth. If Jesus said something as He did in John 3:16 and it was written down, then why should it seize being His word just because it was written down? It does not. They are the same words, the truth.

The Bible was given to us for a reason, and if you look at the people who endlessly argue the Bible is not the word if God, they are quick to quote from it anyway.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,286,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The bible has to be properly divided. The scriptures (OT) are inspirations from God to prepare us to develop self-control and prophesy ABOUT the Word of God (Jesus Christ) so that we will identify Him, validate Him and have hope. They are NOT the Word of God . . . that is Christ alone and His words (NT).
Still trying to understand. If I ask if the OT is inspired by God, would you answer yes or no? If I asked if NT was inspired by God, would you answer yes or no? I get the part where you say Christ is the word. Trying to figure out the rest.

Katie

Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,509,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Would you mind showing the post where I said that?

You have an awful habit of making false claims. When you initially made that claim about me, I didn't even know what you were talking about, because I never heard it before.
False claims or another possibility is that a person can argue\reject something over and over in their head till that rationalization becomes the truth vs what somebody ( and possibly Jesus himself) actually said.

But that is why Jesus always point to the written word, not the verbal. "Have you not read the scriptures... you don't know the scriptures ... It is written...." Jesus rebuked Satan everytime by saying " It is written..." not by saying, "my gut feeling is..."

Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
The gentiles glorified the Word.....

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
So are you saying they danced around a Bible?? What exactly were they DOING that they glorified the Word? Did they buy a new translation? Did they invent the printing press?? Did they kneel down and kiss the scrolls? Were there even any scrolls around that that time???

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
False claims or another possibility is that a person can argue\reject something over and over in their head till that rationalization becomes the truth vs what somebody ( and possibly Jesus himself) actually said.

But that is why Jesus always point to the written word, not the verbal. "Have you not read the scriptures... you don't know the scriptures ... It is written...." Jesus rebuked Satan everytime by saying " It is written..." not by saying, "my gut feeling is..."
Indeed; like when He said, "you have read.... BUT I SAY..."

Walking in the Spirit will get a man killed! It's too new and mysterious for the religious types to understand..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,509,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings,
brian
Do you worship your stomach ... how about your intellegence?
Did Jesus say trust your stomach or what what your eyes read?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity