Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:16 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you keep saying sin will exist in hell? Where do you get that idea?
It is a reasonable deduction. Why is someone in hell, and when Paul talks about what is in him causing him to do the things he does not want to do.

Are you saying God removes sin from a person before sending them to hell? If so, then, sinless people are in hell?

If not then sin is still in the person and the person is in hell, so there is sin in hell.

Which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
As I do not consider myself as a "mainstream" Christian, I will say that the way I, a "true", born-again, follower of Christ, with the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, has dealt with this is this...

I abide under the shadow of the protective wings of the Almighty.

I have renounced sin...I do not practice sin with forethought. The Lord said, "...He that doeth righteousness is righteous...to be a follower of Christ Jesus..."

To be born of God is to be inwardly renewed by the power of the Spirit of God, which is what true repentance is...or else it isn't repentance at all. The regenerate person cannot sin as he did before he was born of God...as others do who are not born again.

This is where the false teachings of Modern Day Christianity have deceived so many...teaching them that they are "born-again" when they truly are not. If you still sin willfully, with forethought, you are not born-again...if there is no new nature...there is no born-again.

May anyone who professes to be a born-again, child of God, lay these truths to heart, and try themselves by them.

Love,
Verna.

That doesn't address the issue in the OP. This isn't about you it is about if there is sin in hell and how sin can still exist if it is destroyed. If I recall verna you believe in anihillation, so I would assume that when sinners are destroyed the sin within them is as well. But those who believe in hell, seem to have that conflict the OP is talking about.

Unless of course there are sinless people in hell.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It is a reasonable deduction. Why is someone in hell, and when Paul talks about what is in him causing him to do the things he does not want to do.

Are you saying God removes sin from a person before sending them to hell? If so, then, sinless people are in hell?

If not then sin is still in the person and the person is in hell, so there is sin in hell. Which is it?
It is a pointless argument. The question was whether or not people hate God in hell. I wondered where you guys get such idea, but I guess we will never know. I replied by saying the rich man in the story of Lazarys understood why he was being punished, and accepted it, but there was no hatred towards God. I believe that when people are face to face with God on judgement day, they will know their error and accept the consequence. Will they be capable of hating God? What does it matter? The Bible says they will weep and gnash their teeth, but does not say anything about hating God.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,708,591 times
Quote:
It is a pointless argument. The question was whether or not people hate God in hell. I wondered where you guys get such idea, but I guess we will never know. I replied by saying the rich man in the story of Lazarys understood why he was being punished, and accepted it, but there was no hatred towards God. I believe that when people are face to face with God on judgement day, they will know their error and accept the consequence. Will they be capable of hating God? What does it matter? The Bible says they will weep and gnash their teeth, but does not say anything about hating God.
Hopefully you will never know or understand the logic and reasoning behind..... that false doctine !

Old 11-22-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:

The OP is a reasonable question, in other words you do not have an answer that actually resolves the conflict.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Hopefully you will never know or understand the logic and reasoning behind..... that false doctine !

Which still doesn't resolve the conflict the OP raises.

If sin is destroyed, then there must be sinless people in hell.

If hell is only for sinners, then how can sinless people be in hell?

So it stands perfectly logical to think that if someone is in hell, then the sin within them that Paul said was within him, is still present.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
What does SIN care if sinners are tormented forever?

I have heard mainstream "Christians" claim that sinners are forever in rebellion against God. But think about that for a moment - rebellion against God is obviously a sin. So to say such, means that SIN is never abolished and will continue forever. So Sin could care less if its subjects are being tormented so long as those being tormented are still sinning. Jesus said he came to DESTROY the works of the devil (sin). So how does mainstream "Christians" deal with this apparent conflict?
Here is how I would deal with it .... whom ever is making such claims are not "mainstream" but more like unstable \ self-taughrt Biblical knowledged person swayed in the wind with a microphone.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
God gave believers in Him His Spirit - so that we may have true life, an abundant and joyful life, now on earth and later with Him for all eternity.

As a believer, I LIVE and live for Him and do not think about death and hell. I know I will be with the Lord and am not going to hell, therefore I do not consider very often at all what it will be like for those who end up there.

Hell will be devoid of God. I personally think those in hell will be regretful of how they lived their earthly lives without God, and realizing they have to live without God for all eternity - that would be tormenting to me.

God wants us to look up, not down.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Here is how I would deal with it .... whom ever is making such claims are not "mainstream" but more like unstable \ self-taughrt Biblical knowledged person swayed in the wind with a microphone.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Which still doesn't resolve the conflict the OP raises.

If sin is destroyed, then there must be sinless people in hell.

If hell is only for sinners, then how can sinless people be in hell?

So it stands perfectly logical to think that if someone is in hell, then the sin within them that Paul said was within him, is still present.
It would seem one is forgetting the purpose and the reason the Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross !

Seek it out and one will understand the questioning of sin, hell, and the whole issues one is having with the problem....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity