Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,228,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Really ....
"The wages of sin is death" ....... so a 2 day old baby the dies suddenly is taught to physically die

"flesh gives birth to flesh"
"In sin my mother conceived me"
"the soul that sins it shall die"
"from the womb the wicked go astray"
How did you possibly come to this conclusion based on what I posted????

Unlike you, I don't believe a 2 day old baby is a sinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I have yet to see any Christian convert immediately stop sinning simple by saying the sinners prayer.
Exactly. They don't...never have and never will...as it is a process. So many think they are "born-again" simply because they went up to an alter...(or not), said a few repeated words and BOOM! I'm born-again! Not!

You know when someone is born again? When they TRULY repent, are filled with the indwellng Holy Spirit, and stop willfully sinning, that's when. The false teaching of Modern Day Christianity has everyone walking around believing they are born again, while they still commit willfull sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj
..."Where is the...compassion"...
You (in general) reject the compassion shown to you, and call it a lie. You (in general) do not listen...instead you (in general) mock and ridicule anyone that cares for the state of your unbelieving souls. You (in general) wouldn't know compassion if it stood in front of your face...or if it projected before your eyes upon a computer screen.

There's your compassion...you (in general) simply reject it.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:46 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,720,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Exactly. They don't...never have and never will...as it is a process. So many think they are "born-again" simply because they went up to an alter...(or not), said a few repeated words and BOOM! I'm born-again! Not!

You know when someone is born again? When they TRULY repent, are filled with the indwellng Holy Spirit, and stop willfully sinning, that's when. The false teaching of Modern Day Christianity has everyone walking around believing they are born again, while they still commit willfull sin.

You (in general) reject the compassion shown to you, and call it a lie. You (in general) do not listen...instead you (in general) mock and ridicule anyone that cares for the state of your unbelieving souls. You (in general) wouldn't know compassion if it stood in front of your face...or if it projected before your eyes upon a computer screen.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 AM

28,151 posts, read 30,106,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Jesus clearly stated that we are...to be PERFECT as God is PERFECT. So, either we can't be perfect and Jesus was a liar or we can be perfect and we just have to work a little harder at it. Which is it????
Or maybe there's a third option. Maybe this is a goal we are commanded to strive for and which may ultimately be attained, just not in this earthly life. Death, after all, is not the end, but another beginning. If we continue to exist after we are resurrected, what rationale is there behind the concept that we are unable to continue to learn and grow? None, as I see it.

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-21-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,917,230 times
Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with you.

We may ALL have the potential to "sin"/miss the mark...but "sinning" is something we are taught to do as we grow up and mature, it is a learned behavior...and mainly we learn this from our parents (children see and emulate everything they do) and those adults we interact with as we are growing up. It is a necessary and vital part of the maturation process...learning from ones mistakes and doing better or attempting to hit the mark the next time. We are to strive for perfection as we learn and mature. The quickest way Jesus taught us to be PERFECT is to LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELVES...we can't help but be perfect if we are doing this. Sadly, the majority of Christians "miss this mark" regularly...they are way to focused on judging the sins of others, instead of paying closer attention to their own.

Jesus clearly stated that we are...to be PERFECT as God is PERFECT. So, either we can't be perfect and Jesus was a liar or we can be perfect and we just have to work a little harder at it. Which is it????
The human being does not have to learn how to sin

We do it because we are born with selfish tendencies.

If we are lucky, we are born to parents who take the time to instill a moral code in us which helps up overcome our tendencies to be greedy, selfish, self-centered and self-absorbed.

But left to our own devices we would not develop a moral code or other important values such as empathy, compassion, a sense of fair play.

I would NEVER call Jesus a liar, you are just misinterpreting what he said about perfection

Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

So becoming saved is a process as is sinlessness (willful sin only). It is my (in general) fault that I (in general) don't see the compassion of Jesus in the church that teaches a person must "TRULY repent, are filled with the indwellng Holy Spirit, and stop willfully sinning" before they (in general) are actually accepted by christ...

IOW, I can see the compassion toward sinners (willful ones, anyway)in what Jesus did and preached, but I see no compassion in what you (verna) are saying about sinners (the willful kind) which you (verna) say I'm rejecting (as if it actually exists).

Such a heavy burden you (in general) seem to be carrying.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So becoming saved is a process as is sinlessness (willful sin only). It is my (in general) fault that I (in general) don't see the compassion of Jesus in the church that teaches a person must "TRULY repent, are filled with the indwellng Holy Spirit, and stop willfully sinning" before they (in general) are actually accepted by christ...

IOW, I can see the compassion toward sinners (willful ones, anyway)in what Jesus did and preached, but I see no compassion in what you (verna) are saying about sinners (the willful kind) which you (verna) say I'm rejecting (as if it actually exists).

Such a heavy burden you (in general) seem to be carrying.
I know you don't see the compassion...like I said.......you reject it.

No, it isn't a heavy burden I carry, it is a light one...but a very important one nonetheless. I understand that I cannot change a heart...only God can give the increase...but that doesn't hinder me from planting and watering precious seeds of truth anyway.

His yoke is easy and His burden is light...and I gladly carry it...after all...look what He did for me...nothing can compare to that.

God Bless katjonjj.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:34 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,531,331 times
Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with you.

We may ALL have the potential to "sin"/miss the mark...but "sinning" is something we are taught to do as we grow up and mature, it is a learned behavior...and mainly we learn this from our parents (children see and emulate everything they do) and those adults we interact with as we are growing up. It is a necessary and vital part of the maturation process...
Quote:
How did you possibly come to this conclusion based on what I posted????
From the bold ....
death at any age is a direct result of sin.
Quote:
Unlike you, I don't believe a 2 day old baby is a sinner.
And also I don't reject God's Word simply because I don't like something in it 'cause it hurts my "feel goods"

Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The human being does not have to learn how to sin

We do it because we are born with selfish tendencies.

If we are lucky, we are born to parents who take the time to instill a moral code in us which helps up overcome our tendencies to be greedy, selfish, self-centered and self-absorbed.

But left to our own devices we would not develop a moral code or other important values such as empathy, compassion, a sense of fair play.

I would NEVER call Jesus a liar, you are just misinterpreting what he said about perfection
Yes...the human being absolutely does LEARN how to sin...they LEARN it from their parents and any other adult who is around them as they are growing and maturing...this is Early Child Development & Psychology 101.

It a shame that you see human beings as such worthless immoral people for this IS NOT how human beings truly are. I know plenty of children who grew up with no adult guidance and were "left to their own devices" as you put it, and they are the most compassionate, kind, loving, empathetic, and moral people I know...the majority of Christianity could LEARN a real lesson from them about how to live and treat your fellow human beings...for they LIVE the life Jesus taught us to live without even knowing anything about him.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
From the bold ....
death at any age is a direct result of sin.

And also I don't reject God's Word simply because I don't like something in it 'cause it hurts my "feel goods"

Who told you that???????????? You can't honestly believe that a 2 day old baby is a sinner????? Please tell me you don't honestly believe that ????????????

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-22-2011 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: deleted the "crap word"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity