Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 AM

5 posts, read 9,832 times

Advertisements

First time on this site, I am a Christian and I have went through many battles, but this battle is probably the worst one in my entire life. I have a daughter who is 38, who has three children, one of those has been adopted by my husband and I years ago, my husband died 5 yeears ago. One year ago my daughter started living with a 18 yr old woman. She is a lesbian now and she wants me to condone her relationship with this other woman. I will not condone it and say it's right when I know that it's a abomination to God. He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of this ugly sin and life style. I have tried to reason with her and tell her it's wrong but still love her, but she has pulled herself away from me and now is seeing a phychologist. The phychologist must be telling her that she is ok living this kind of life style and that she should be proud and go on with her life. My daughter was brought up in a Godly family and knows the word of God, when she served the Lord she served and loves him with all her heart, but when she isn't serving God she is serving the devil with all her heart. God has always had a plan for her but the devil always has tried to destroy her and I have been through many trials and battles with her, because she has been a drug addict and a was a heavy user of liquor, but the drugs was one of the worst things that ruined her life until this latest episode with her being a lesbian. She has recently been diagnosed with Lupus, she has been on Social Security disability for about 8 years now. I am 61 and raising a 16 yr old and that in itself is a job in itself. I need people to agree with me that the Good Lord will intervene and do what ever it takes to get her out of this life style. I have found out that she has had other Lesbian relationships in the past. It seems to me that the Lord has given her over to a reprobate mind when it comes to this lesbian problem. She has disowned me and doesn't want me to see my Grandchildren. Please help me pray for her. God bless and thank you my brothers and sisters.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDi60 View Post
First time on this site, I am a Christian and I have went through many battles, but this battle is probably the worst one in my entire life. I have a daughter who is 38, who has three children, one of those has been adopted by my husband and I years ago, my husband died 5 yeears ago. One year ago my daughter started living with a 18 yr old woman. She is a lesbian now and she wants me to condone her relationship with this other woman. I will not condone it and say it's right when I know that it's a abomination to God. He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of this ugly sin and life style. I have tried to reason with her and tell her it's wrong but still love her, but she has pulled herself away from me and now is seeing a phychologist. The phychologist must be telling her that she is ok living this kind of life style and that she should be proud and go on with her life. My daughter was brought up in a Godly family and knows the word of God, when she served the Lord she served and loves him with all her heart, but when she isn't serving God she is serving the devil with all her heart. God has always had a plan for her but the devil always has tried to destroy her and I have been through many trials and battles with her, because she has been a drug addict and a was a heavy user of liquor, but the drugs was one of the worst things that ruined her life until this latest episode with her being a lesbian. She has recently been diagnosed with Lupus, she has been on Social Security disability for about 8 years now. I am 61 and raising a 16 yr old and that in itself is a job in itself. I need people to agree with me that the Good Lord will intervene and do what ever it takes to get her out of this life style. I have found out that she has had other Lesbian relationships in the past. It seems to me that the Lord has given her over to a reprobate mind when it comes to this lesbian problem. She has disowned me and doesn't want me to see my Grandchildren. Please help me pray for her. God bless and thank you my brothers and sisters.

I will pray that your daughter finds happiness in her life and acceptance from those around her because she obviously feels like she has had to distance herself from her family.

You know being gay is not a choice it is how we are born. We are born either straight or gay and that has been proven.

If you want a relationship with your grandchildren you will need to change how you think and act.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:24 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Quote:
Oh dear I will be sure to lift you and your daughter and the children in your family up in prayer. My heart goes out to you.

You can only be responsible for yourself momma...I know as a mother of a daughter who put me through the ringer with drugs, alcohol, awful choices in men who would abuse her and beat her and almost dying due to an overdose a couple of times and me driving 100 miles after a phone call from her lying on the floor by the phone almost dead to come and help her......for me to arrive in a dark, dank apartment with her curled up in a fetal position...her in one arm, and the other arm reaching for the phone to call an ambulance...on more than one occassion...can you imagine the 100 mile drive looking through tear filled eyes and a heart broken and terrified at what I might find when I arrived at her apartment...praying to God to keep her alive until I got there... ..whew...too much...

...to now having that same daughter married to a wonderful man, who gave her a daughter...my one and only grand-child named Teagan JoAnna who is the sweeeeeeetest thing God has ever created - in my own opinion of course....my daughter, who now calls me blessed . She now calls me blessed because I never waivered from my belief in Christ...I never lost the hope I had in Him...I never let go of His promise to me that He would not put on me more than I could handle...and come to find out, He kept all of His promises..and more! \o/ Praise His holy Name!

...she no longer drinks, no more drugs for 8 years now...seeking the Lord...is the most awesome mother to her baby (I could not be more proud of her)...Hold on Princess...don't let go...don't compromise..stand your ground...stay strong for the one you are raising...she needs you in her life, God gave her to you for a reason...God gave your daughter to you for a reason...if for nothing else...to strengthen you and to strengthen you spiritually...dig your claws in and hang on right there at the brink of disaster!...rest there and make it a place of peace in your heart that God is near to you and He knows and is protecting YOU .

Tis only for a season...I promise...It does get better...just resolve to get through this with your head up and a smile in your heart...through the pain.

God bless you dear one...you and your precious family are in my prayers...I promise.

Love in Christ Jesus...
Verna.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I will pray that your daughter finds happiness in her life and acceptance from those around her because she obviously feels like she has had to distance herself from her family.

You know being gay is not a choice it is how we are born. We are born either straight or gay and that has been proven.

If you want a relationship with your grandchildren you will need to change how you think and act.
Amen Jazzy!!!!!

Princess, I used to think just like you for my daughter is also a lesbian and it was a very hard thing for me to accept but, accept it...I did. The only thing I've ever wanted for my children was to be happy and a child cannot be happy when their parents loath them and place conditions upon their love for them...it's not surprising to me that she wants to stay as far away from you as she can. God made your daughter just the way she is and it is, more than likely, your attitude towards her that has caused her to seek solace in drugs. We are to LOVE our children UNCONDITIONALLY...yet you have placed clear conditions on your love for her...do you not understand the damage you are doing, not only to her, but to yourself???? Until you take stock of YOUR attitude towards her and learn to love and accept her the way she is...you will never have a relationship with her...and you may even lose her entirely...and I'm quite sure that is a burden you do not want to carry. Put your ancient book down and listen for guidance from within...for that is where God is found and he will guide you based on what is written on your heart not by what is written in an ancient man made book.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Good morning, folks.

This is an early on warning that out of respect to the OP, this is the Christianity forum, and as such the OP is asking foremost for prayer for her daughter, not a debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please ensure that posts address the OP as opposed to becoming a full out debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please keep posts respectful and on topic as they pertain to the OP. Just a reminder that this is the Christianity forum; not a thread asking to debate the merits of being gay.

Thanks,
~June

Last edited by june 7th; 12-06-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Good morning, folks.

This is an early on warning that in respect to the OP, this is the Christianity forum, and as such the OP is asking for prayer for her daughter, not a debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please ensure that posts address the OP as opposed to becoming a full out debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please keep posts respectful and on topic.

Thanks,
~June
Thank you, and yes, I will pray for her and her daughter.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:

I will pray for all involved to see what is really important that needs to be changed and addressed.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned. All members can post here provided they are on topic and adhere to the TOS.

Moderator cut: Orphaned response

Nothing even close to talking about religion except to offer to pray for her daughter. It has been shown that we are born with our sexual orientation. This is not a religious view.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-06-2011 at 07:35 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Quote:
Good morning, folks.

This is an early on warning out of respect to the OP, this is the Christianity forum, and as such the OP is asking foremost for prayer for her daughter, not a debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please ensure that posts address the OP as opposed to becoming a full out debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please keep posts respectful and on topic as they pertain to the OP. Just a reminder that this is the Christianity forum; not a thread asking to debate the merits of being gay.

Thanks,
~June
Thanks June...for this reminder to keep this thread in perspective...in repect to this precious, troubled mother...wanting prayers for her and her family.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM

89 posts, read 133,216 times
Quote:
Good morning, folks.

This is an early on warning out of respect to the OP, this is the Christianity forum, and as such the OP is asking foremost for prayer for her daughter, not a debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please ensure that posts address the OP as opposed to becoming a full out debate pertaining to homosexuality in general. Please keep posts respectful and on topic as they pertain to the OP. Just a reminder that this is the Christianity forum; not a thread asking to debate the merits of being gay.

Thanks,
~June
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Thank you, and yes, I will pray for her and her daughter.
I, too, will pray for her and her daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity