Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,709,259 times

Advertisements

"What did the Holy Spirit do to the law after Jesus' crucifixion something or nothing ?"

He did something..... He seals it in the heart (life) of the believer of Christ Jesus.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Life is not in the flesh but in the Spirit, where we not only see the beauty of the law, but where the Spirit imparts power to keep it. (Romans 8:4) We still have "the flesh," but we do not live after it; we "through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body." (Romans 8:13).... amen !!

Therefore when one walks after the Spirit and they will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
We "have crucified the flesh with the passions and lusts thereof." (Galatians 5:24)
It is our privilege in the Spirit's power to get daily, hourly, constant victory over the flesh and over sin. But this victory is not in ourselves, not in any strength of our own. Left to ourselves, without the Spirit of God, we would be as helpless as ever.
As we know it is still true that in us, that is, in our flesh, no good thing dwells. (Romans 7:18) It is all in the Spirit's power. The Spirit's power may be in such fullness, that one is not conscious even of the presence of the flesh.... it seems dead and gone.... but it is only kept in the place of death by the Holy Spirit's power.

If we try to take one step in our own strength we fall. We must live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit if we are to have victory over the flesh to conquer sin, so that sin shall not have dominion over us in our lives...... amen !!

Romans 8:1-2
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Eph.1:13-14
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM

299 posts, read 263,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Of course I am. Do a comparison and give me a detailed 9 page analysis of it, single-spaced, 1 " margins, Times New Romans, 10 point font, by tomorrow. Tell me how we are not.

What makes you think I haven't? I'll be waiting for your research paper to be posted her tomorrow. I'll give you the answers from those men then.
Good. Make sure you have a valid proof that you did contact those birds. As for a research paper from me? When hell freezes. As I said follow the command "Look and live."

Old 12-29-2011, 02:39 PM

939 posts, read 1,026,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
Good. Make sure you have a valid proof that you did contact those birds. As for a research paper from me? When hell freezes. As I said follow the command "Look and live."
hmmm.....I guess you violated one of the Lord's commands "Give to the one who asks you" which would have only required borrowing a bit of your time.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
hmmm.....I guess you violated one of the Lord's commands "Give to the one who asks you" which would have only required borrowing a bit of your time.
touche .

Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"What did the Holy Spirit do to the law after Jesus' crucifixion something or nothing ?"

He did something..... He seals it in the heart (life) of the believer of Christ Jesus.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Life is not in the flesh but in the Spirit, where we not only see the beauty of the law, but where the Spirit imparts power to keep it. (Romans 8:4) We still have "the flesh," but we do not live after it; we "through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body." (Romans 8:13).... amen !!

Therefore when one walks after the Spirit and they will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
We "have crucified the flesh with the passions and lusts thereof." (Galatians 5:24)
It is our privilege in the Spirit's power to get daily, hourly, constant victory over the flesh and over sin. But this victory is not in ourselves, not in any strength of our own. Left to ourselves, without the Spirit of God, we would be as helpless as ever.
As we know it is still true that in us, that is, in our flesh, no good thing dwells. (Romans 7:18) It is all in the Spirit's power. The Spirit's power may be in such fullness, that one is not conscious even of the presence of the flesh.... it seems dead and gone.... but it is only kept in the place of death by the Holy Spirit's power.

If we try to take one step in our own strength we fall. We must live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit if we are to have victory over the flesh to conquer sin, so that sin shall not have dominion over us in our lives...... amen !!

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Amen, Cyber Munchkin!

Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 PM

299 posts, read 263,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

Note: Is. 2:3 "for out of Zion shall go forth the law"
Is. 33:22 " For the Lord is our judge
the Lord is our LAWGIVER
the Lord is our king;
it is he who will save us.
Is. 51:4 The law will go out from Me;
my justice will become a light
to the nations.
Rom. 2:13
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous."
Heb. 7:12
"For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law." The Law of the Spirit was added to the law when the priesthood was changed. ref. Rom. 8:1
Rom. 5:20
"The Law (of the Spirit) was added so that the trespass (of Jesus' crucifixion) might increase." To the level of a unilaterally accountable sin.
In order to be saved from the law's penalty the law of the Spirit must be obeyed first. However the person who refuses disobeys a law that is not forgivable. For Christ put an end to the law by making an addition to the law after his crucifixion to perfect the Way to become justified righteous by God by the faith of confessing directly to God that you are sorry Jesus' life was lost by bloodshed. His life, lost by bloodshed, is a guilt offering that was sufficient to allow a change of the law. So that God could be merciful to whosoever comes to repent of the loss of his only begotten son's life caused by bloodshed the grace to inherit eternal life from God as a gift.
The soteriological assumption of all theologians, apologists clergy is backwards from what is actually true about Jesus' crucifixion. For his crucifixion is only a benefit for you as an accountable sin caused by bloodshed. "He who knew no sin. Became an accountable sin for us. So that we might become the righteousness of God by the faith of confessing to that one sin for the forgiveness of all our past sins." I pray to God that you all will, however you will pay hell forever if you will not. Since it is a deliberate disobedience of the Law of the Spirit.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:44 PM

9,901 posts, read 1,288,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
Why aren't there any identifiable theologians and preachers on the public forums defending their faith? It is their conjectures we argue about here.
Maybe its the psyco game of "Lets you and him fight" they started and are to scared to get in the arena.
We are all theologians of a sort.

What constitutes an identifiable theologian? Just because a person goes to a college that teaches a particular doctrine or school of thought, does that make him an expert? IMHO, it makes him nothing more than biased expert.

Here, on the forum, are the 99%, the amateur theologians, the ones who spend hours each day studying God's word. It's a great way to strengthen one's faith. It causes a person to dig deeply into God's word for answers. Personally, I love being on the forum. I don't see it as fighting. There may be a couple of spoil sports on here, but most are very very nice. At least that's how I see it anyway.

I do believe there are a number of ministers/preachers on the forum. Some have identified themselves. Others just keep it to themselves.

Katie

Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times
There is and has been a few Preachers come and discuss ideas on City -data that I have heard them confess that they have a church were they are preachers , and I know a name now but it is a against the rules to talk about and name people on city- data forums ..... Some preachers do not like to be challenged in their faith and only like to dish it out with dogma and dogma only , which is never open for discussion .... Other scholars of Christianity are usually dry with legalism and are usually weak in the Spirit of Christ .....

Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 AM

37,500 posts, read 61,530,858 times
From among the 'professional' ministers I have rubbed elbows, most were very well educated in 'comparative religions'. They could easily work their selected trade in a Baptist church or a Methodist church, or Episcopalian.

Their own private beliefs were rarely stated, because that is not their job. They are hired by a group of deacons to mirror the selected doctrinal statement of that particular church. As stated in the OP, these are 'professionals'.

As such they could present arguments in a debate, and easily select the side of the debate by lottery. Each of them taking different sides in a debate, rotating weekly, if you please.

There are posters here who are elders or ministers, in their respective congregations.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,938,706 times
~ Rejoice. This is a revealing topic, about yourselves.

Although you claim challenges here?
You guys are so a head of many forums
when it comes to following The Spirit 0f Truth
Who Leads Into All Truth.

There are 'Religious Professional' Forums.
I've been on a few.
And although I broke none of their rules. when their friends could.
Even when their friends tried to provoke me to.
They allowed their friends to break everyone of their forum rules concerning me.
When that didn't work.
They would end up banning me any away.
They have their agenda clicks.
And only the ways that seem right to them matter.

No matter if their fear tactics are proved to only be derived
from their interpretive scriptures. They love bondage.
As bondage keeps people slaving for their importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity