Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 11:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times

Advertisements

do you have anything in this century?

Old 02-09-2017, 01:46 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,927,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
I wonder how can a believer of the New Testament reject the divinity of Jesus. Richard for example is a Jew and does not believe what is written in the books of the New Testament. The expressions that show Jesus as a man are referring to his human nature, as the Anointed One of God the Father. There are so many verses that show that He is God. Other posters have posted them. Actually, Jesus is God in flesh as apostle Paul and apostle and evangelist John said (1 Timothy 3:16, John 1:1-14). God is One because the Father is One. If Father does not exist then His Word and His Spirit don't exist. For Orthodoxy Father is the fountainhead and the only cause of the Trinity.

I just shared all the scriptures where--Jesus, Paul, Peter, and John all 100% in agreement--Jesus has a God like we do--his Father--the true gospel.
No they did not contradict themselves in the bible--only in trinity translation--done by Catholicism.
Trinity teachers---twist what is actually said.
Example--in the ot--I am that I am = error( trinity translations) the Hebrew scholars say--I will be what I will be is correct. So when Jesus said I am--he was not claiming to be God--he answered ? honestly that is all.
Same with Elohim--Never plural( gods) when used for the true God--only for false gods--so it fits well with the non existent trinity god as gods.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,927,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
God doesn't have a God. That's just you asking that.

Jesus has a God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- certain false teachers teach--Jesus is God--thus they are teaching--God has a God.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I just shared all the scriptures where--Jesus, Paul, Peter, and John all 100% in agreement--Jesus has a God like we do--his Father--the true gospel.
No they did not contradict themselves in the bible--only in trinity translation--done by Catholicism.
Trinity teachers---twist what is actually said.
Example--in the ot--I am that I am = error( trinity translations) the Hebrew scholars say--I will be what I will be is correct. So when Jesus said I am--he was not claiming to be God--he answered ? honestly that is all.
Same with Elohim--Never plural( gods) when used for the true God--only for false gods--so it fits well with the non existent trinity god as gods.
Are you a christian? Our Church (Orthodox) in Greece uses the original text in koine greek. I know very well my languange. I have nothing to do what Jewish scholars say after the death and the resurrection of our Lord. For us, they are in the wrong path because they denied the salvation in Christ and the revelation of God. Ilike so much Israel and its history, I respect them, I pray for them, I wait for their return but I DO NOT believe their interpretations. I just read them for knowledge. I believe in the One Church that our Lord established to save the whole world. "ο Ων", "εγω ειμι" all that words mean I AM, what tetragrammaton means...Ok many of you still don't believe in Christ. I hope that our heavenly God of mercy forgive your ignorance and your rejection! Paul said to advice 1-2 times a heretic, then we must leave him if he still believes his heresies...

Old 02-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Jesus has a God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- certain false teachers teach--Jesus is God--thus they are teaching--God has a God.
And Thomas called Him "my Lord and my God"

Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
Quote:
And Thomas called Him "my Lord and my God"
True, doubting Thomas did say those ^ above ^ words at John 20:28, but did you read the whole chapter ? _______
The reason I ask is because at John 20:17 B are Jesus' words that he (resurrected Jesus) would ascend to his Father and to your Father, and to my ( Jesus' ) God and your God." So, resurrected Jesus believed he had a God.
Jesus believed in the God who resurrected him - Acts 3:15; Acts 5:30; Acts 13:30,37; Colossians 2:12
Even the heavenly Jesus still thinks he has a God above him according to Revelation 3:12
So, as we see and hear people say in front of a news reporter exclaim, " Oh my God " and we know the news reporter is Not really their God. So, Jesus knew who his God was, and who his God still is.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:21 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
God doesn't have a God. That's just you asking that.
it might have parents.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:32 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
Quote:
God is One because the Father is One. If Father does not exist then His Word and His Spirit don't exist. For Orthodoxy Father is the fountainhead and the only cause of the Trinity.
Yes, God is One and the Father is One, and didn't Jesus pray his followers be ' one ' as he and his Father are one?_____
- please see John 17:11,21,22,23
Surely, who would say that Jesus was praying they all be God !
Rather, they could all be ' one ' in unity, belief, goal, purpose, agreement, faith, will and purpose, etc. but Not be God.
Who did Jesus tell the Jews who he was at John 10:36 but the Son of God.
That would have been the perfect opportunity to say that he was God instead of saying he was God's Son.

God existed first according to Psalms 90:2
Revelation 3:14 says that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God.
The Un-created God, then created the pre-human Jesus as His firstborn in the heavens - Colossians 1:15
So, only God was before the beginning, and Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
So, the Bible is the fountain head, and the only cause that there is No triune or trinity God.
Jesus' God is greater than Jesus according to John 14:28; John 4:23-24

Old 02-09-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, God is One and the Father is One, and didn't Jesus pray his followers be ' one ' as he and his Father are one?_____
- please see John 17:11,21,22,23
Surely, who would say that Jesus was praying they all be God !
Rather, they could all be ' one ' in unity, belief, goal, purpose, agreement, faith, will and purpose, etc. but Not be God.
Who did Jesus tell the Jews who he was at John 10:36 but the Son of God.
That would have been the perfect opportunity to say that he was God instead of saying he was God's Son.

God existed first according to Psalms 90:2
Revelation 3:14 says that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God.
The Un-created God, then created the pre-human Jesus as His firstborn in the heavens - Colossians 1:15
So, only God was before the beginning, and Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
So, the Bible is the fountain head, and the only cause that there is No triune or trinity God.
Jesus' God is greater than Jesus according to John 14:28; John 4:23-24
In Revelation 3:14 the word in greek is "αρχή". Αρχή means authority, originator, beginning. It has multiple meanings. For example, city hall in greek, our languange, is δημαρχείο a complex word δήμος (people) + αρχή (authority) which means the authority of the people. So if we take in mind all the passages that call Jesus "God", they are referred in another posts I don't post them AGAIN, this sentence must be understood as Jesus is the authority of the creation. Also, The Uncreated God you said that He created His Word as His firstborn. This means that God was not a Father and then, some time, He became a Father. This means distortion which is against God (Malachi 3:6). That God some time became a Father and created His Word and Wisdom, and that some time He was not Wise (you said that He created His Word and Wisdom later). So how He created His Word since He was not Wise? We also know that God created everything with His Word (space and time). If Jesus is something created, then how Jesus both created time and be the start of time at the same time? And if the Word of God depends on time and space, the whole creation, then isn't it a blasphemy against God?

Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,402,670 times
Quote:
Jesus has a God? God has a god? God was God, is God, and will always be God. and Jesus IS God and there is proof. John 10:30 proves that Jesus is equal with the Father. Therefore that makes Jesus God Himself. There's no question about it.

God was the same yesterday, he was the same 2,000 years ago, and God was the same since the foundation of the earth. God Himself never changes nor does His words change but seasons do change. God will always remain God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.