Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The scriptures don't say those that don't THINK they are worhty won't enter. Again, the scriptures show that there where those that did THINK they were worthy and yet could not enter.
Yes it does

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.

You might not think this is talking about the same thing it is, and look at how they saw themselves.

Not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,556 times
tthttf: You can't answer my questions, can you? Why did you write a post that slanders a church or religion if you can not back up?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:58 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,035,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes it does

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.

You might not think this is talking about the same thing it is, and look at how they saw themselves.

Not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.
So what you believe then is that the "beast" is to not see yourself as a "Christ"?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
So what you believe then is that the "beast" is to not see yourself as a "Christ"?
Do you think they would have entered in if they had not seen themselves a grasshoppers.

We are who God says we are.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
Quote:
Yes it does

Numbers 13

16These are the names of the men which Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Oshea the son of Nun Jehoshua.

17And Moses sent them to spy out the land of Canaan, and said unto them, Get you up this way southward, and go up into the mountain:

18And see the land, what it is, and the people that dwelleth therein, whether they be strong or weak, few or many;

19And what the land is that they dwell in, whether it be good or bad; and what cities they be that they dwell in, whether in tents, or in strong holds;

20And what the land is, whether it be fat or lean, whether there be wood therein, or not. And be ye of good courage, and bring of the fruit of the land. Now the time was the time of the firstripe grapes.

21So they went up, and searched the land from the wilderness of Zin unto Rehob, as men come to Hamath.

22And they ascended by the south, and came unto Hebron; where Ahiman, Sheshai, and Talmai, the children of Anak, were. (Now Hebron was built seven years before Zoan in Egypt.)

23And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs.

24The place was called the brook Eshcol, because of the cluster of grapes which the children of Israel cut down from thence.

25And they returned from searching of the land after forty days.

26And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land.

27And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it.

28Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there.

29The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan.

30And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.

31But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.

32And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.

33And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Numbers 14

1And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night.

2And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness!

3And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt?

4And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

5Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of Israel.

6And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes:

7And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land.

8If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.

9Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.

10But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

11And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?

12I will smite them with the pestilence, and disinherit them, and will make of thee a greater nation and mightier than they.

13And Moses said unto the LORD, Then the Egyptians shall hear it, (for thou broughtest up this people in thy might from among them

14And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.

15Now if thou shalt kill all this people as one man, then the nations which have heard the fame of thee will speak, saying,

16Because the LORD was not able to bring this people into the land which he sware unto them, therefore he hath slain them in the wilderness.

17And now, I beseech thee, let the power of my lord be great, according as thou hast spoken, saying,

18The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

19Pardon, I beseech thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy mercy, and as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.

20And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word:

21But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

22Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

23Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:

24But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

25(Now the Amalekites and the Canaanites dwelt in the valley.) Tomorrow turn you, and get you into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea.

26And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,

27How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.

28Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:

29Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me.

30Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

31But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.

32But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in this wilderness.

33And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.

34After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

35I the LORD have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.

36And the men, which Moses sent to search the land, who returned, and made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up a slander upon the land,

37Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the LORD.

38But Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of the men that went to search the land, lived still.

39And Moses told these sayings unto all the children of Israel: and the people mourned greatly.

The sin was that they didn't believe God. They didn't trust that his power would deliver despite the odds. They didn't have faith he would deliver.

Lack of FAITH in God is the great sin. They wandered off the narrow path.

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Do you think they would have entered in if they had not seen themselves a grasshoppers.

We are who God says we are.
The issue isn't lack of faith in themselves to deliver. It's a lack of Faith in God to deliver.

That's the entire point of this event.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Worshiping the "image of the Beast" is indeed seeing ourself as a "christ". It is the Mark.

Christ/Messiah means "anointed one". The only one anointed by God was Messiah Jesus of Nazareth.

All that hang onto this "god consciousness"/"christ consciousness" delusion will wake up on the wrong side of eternity. Mankind's greatest delusion is that it can become some type of "god".

So sad.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
Quote:
Very true.

As a man thinks in his heart so is he. If he thinks he's a beast, that is how he will act .
Me personally I AM not a beast,I AM the offspring of God.
Back in the day when I used to go to church, I remember a song we were taught that went this way:

"I am the righteousness of God in Christ,
I'm a believer in him -
I'm a partaker of his divine nature..
da, da, da, da, da, da da (can't remember the whole song).

It was an Assembly of God congregation. They are big on positive confession about who we are in Christ (from scriptures):

Your Life Confession | Trinity Fellowship Assembly of God (http://tfaog.org/2011/02/your-life-confession/ - broken link)

Don't get me wrong. I had a long time (many years) when I was focused on how very unworthy I was before God). Then one day it dawned on me that this beating myself up was not bringing me closer to God at all. And it occurred to me that to do so is to continue believing a lie -- to call God a liar even. We are who He says we are - by FAITH. Faith is to believe when you can't see it or feel it. I felt unworthy. So only by faith could I believe that God had made me worthy of his love. He has done the same for every person. God was in Christ reconciling the WORLD to himself. Jesus TASTED DEATH FOR EVERY MAN. There now remains NO MORE SACRIFICE for sin. He is the eternal mediator between man and God. It doesn't depend on how we feel about ourselves. You can't "Get right with God" by anything you do - God has already done it and will make it real when you receive faith to bring it to manifestation in this world.

Sadly, many believers will die without ever experiencing the joy of the liberty from bondage to fear because they are depending on their feelings or on what they have done or will do or .... a long list of things. There is no greater joy than the moment when the Day Star arises in one's heart and the glory of the love of Christ shines a light that can never be extinguished. It's a glorious thing. Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:48 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post

Please cite a soure that proves the Catholic Church is trying to or wants to make Sunday worship government-mandated of all people...
SUNDAY LAW IS COMING

WHO WAS BEHIND THIS BILL?
We just read that it was the Polish Catholic Bishop's conference, citing Pope John Paul II's recent remarks that Poles are too often converging on so-called hypermarkets on Sundays when they should instead be attending Mass and spending time in spiritual pursuits." It's the Catholic dominated AWS that's pushing Sunday laws, for religious reasons.
The battle continues in Poland.
The above was NEWS about the Polish Catholic Bishop's Conference, and their attempts to pass Sunday legislation. (Oct. 2001)

The US also has a United States Conference of Catholic Bishops

See the link here.

Because the Pope's Sunday Letter "Dies Domini", says:

"Therefore, also in the particular circumstances of our own time, Christians will naturally strive to ensure that civil legislation respects their duty to keep Sunday holy." (#67)

They have changed the Catechism of the Catholic Church to read:

"In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church's holy days as legal holidays. They have to give everyone a public example of prayer, respect, and joy and defend their traditions as a precious contribution to the spiritual life of society. If a country's legislation or other reasons require work on Sunday, the day should nevertheless be lived as the day of our deliverance which lets us share in this "festal gathering," this "assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven."(#2188)

Interestingly at The Warsaw Voice They seem to think SUNDAY is part of God's Ten Commandments.

More than 90 percent of Poles declare themselves to be Catholic. But it seems they hardly respect the Ten Commandments in their everyday lives: They do not keep the Sabbath holy, for after Mass, without any qualms, they go shopping with their families. For many, this has actually become the preferred way to spend free time (see pages 12-13 for our report). The church appeals for Sundays to be respected."

10-September-2003 -- Catholic World News Brief

CROATIAN CATHOLIC LEADERS SEEK BAN ON SUNDAY SHOP OPENINGS

Zagreb, Sep. 10 (CWNews.com) - Labor laws in Croatia are being used to exploit tens of thousands of citizens, Catholic leaders have charged. "Archbishop Ivan Prendja, president of the Croatian Catholic charity Caritas and Bozo Vuleta , director of the Institute for the Culture of Peace, made the charge in a letter delivered to Prime Minister Ivica Racan this week. The letter accompanied a petition of calling for a ban on the Sunday opening of shops.

According to Croatiaa??s labor law, Sunday is a holiday, and therefore shops should not open. However in 2001 the Ministry of the Economy issued new rules, allowing local government bodies to make their own decisions on shop opening times. This new policy, the Catholic leaders claim, has led to violations of the spirit of the legislation.

The Croatian government is not in favor of the Sunday shop openings, but would prefer a strategy of discouragement and disincentives, rather than an outright ban. However, the prime minister himself admits that more needs to be done. Support for the idea of a total ban is considerable. The 300,000 signatures on the petition represent 1 out of every 15 inhabitants of Croatia. Moreover, according to Caritas and the Institute for the Culture of Peace, their campaign against Sunday opening has the support of-- among other powerful groups-- the trade unions, the Chamber of Crafts, the Merchant Guild, members of parliament and, the Ministry of Crafts and the Ministry of Tourism. The case for a total ban is due to be discussed by the Croatian parliament later this month.

Papal Letter, "Dies Domini" On Keeping The Lord's Day Holy

The Papal call for people to keep Sunday Holy, and push for legislature to make this "convenient".

APOSTOLIC LETTER DIES DOMINI

He writes: #13. The Sabbath precept, which in the first Covenant prepares for the Sunday of the new and eternal Covenant, is therefore rooted in the depths of God's plan. This is why, unlike many other precepts, it is set not within the context of strictly cultic stipulations but within the Decalogue, the "ten words" which represent the very pillars of the moral life inscribed on the human heart. In setting this commandment within the context of the basic structure of ethics, Israel and then the Church declare that they consider it not just a matter of community religious discipline but a defining and indelible expression of our relationship with God, announced and expounded by biblical revelation.

The pope's defense of Sunday is trying to place it as the "evolution" into the "fullness of expression" of the Biblical Sabbath, and applies to Sunday observance a moral imperative rooted in the Decalogue itself, thus trying to elevate it to a divine command.

He writes: #62. It is the duty of Christians therefore to remember that, although the practices of the Jewish Sabbath are gone, surpassed as they are by the "fulfilment" which Sunday brings, the underlying reasons for keeping "the Lord's Day" holy — inscribed solemnly in the Ten Commandments — remain valid, though they need to be reinterpreted in the light of the theology and spirituality of Sunday: "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.

By rooting Sunday keeping in the Sabbath commandment, the Pope attempts to offer the strongest moral reasons to urge Chritians to "ensure that civil legislation repects their duty to keep Sunday holy." (#67)

Yet, Sunday is a child of the Catholic Church, IT IS NOT A COMMAND FROM GOD.

Everywhere she has the power to do so, the Catholic Church will push for Sunday legislation.

The "Infallible" words from the "papal chair" declared by a former pope:

In the Bull "Cantate Domino", Feb. 4, 1441 during the Council of Florence, "It [the Roman Church] firmly believes, professes, and teaches...after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they (laws, including the SABBATH) cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian fath and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from theses errors."

Now read what the present Pope says: (Apostolic Letter Dies Domini on Keeping the Lord's Day Holy) "Sunday assembly is the privileged place of unity. . .which marks the church as a people gathered in the unity of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. For Christian families, Sunday assembly is one of the MOST OUTSTANDING EXPRESSIONS OF THEIR IDENTITY. . .explaining the important reasons behind the OBLIGATORY NATURE of the precept." (#36)

Notice, Sunday according to him is "obligatory", inscribed in canon law, hoping to become legislative laws?

In section #29 "Sunday appears as the supreme day of faith.....Given it's many meanings and spaects, and its link to the very foundations of the faith, the celebration of the Christian Sunday remains, on the threshold of the third millennium, an indispensable element of our Christian identity."

Interesting isn't it that the RCC should call SUNDAY the indispensable element of Christian IDENTITY. Yet the Bible calls the 7th Day Sabbath a sign between God and His people throughout the generations; that we may know that God is the LORD that does sanctify us. (Ex. 31:31, Ezekiel 20:12) "Keep My Sabbaths Holy for they shall be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God." (Ez. 20;12,20)

The letter says "keep Sunday holy" over and over again! Just see in #4 how "legal sanction" and "keep Sunday holy" are combined! "Until quite recently, it was easier in traditionally Christian countries to keep Sunday holy because it was an almost universal practice and because, even in the organization of civil society, Sunday rest was considered a fixed part of the work schedule. Today however, even in those countries who give legal sanction to the festive character of Sunday, changes in socioeconomic conditions have often led to profound modification...."If we want to know where a trend is going we simply need to look back and see where it came from. Sunday laws have a history of cruelty to those who do not see it as the Sabbath, and wish to worship on another day.

Rome's challenge Why do Protestants keep Sunday? The Genuine Offspring Of The Union Of The Holy Spirit And The Catholic Church His Spouse. The Claims Of Protestantism To Any Part Therein Proved To Be Groundless, Self-Contradictory, And Suicidal Prophecy says "he thinks to change times and laws" (Daniel 7:25)

...and there is so much more if you care to read it.

God Bless...in HIS TRUTH...not man's, Amen.

Verna.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:07 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
SUNDAY LAW IS COMING

WHO WAS BEHIND THIS BILL?
We just read that it was the Polish Catholic Bishop's conference, citing Pope John Paul II's recent remarks that Poles are too often converging on so-called hypermarkets on Sundays when they should instead be attending Mass and spending time in spiritual pursuits." It's the Catholic dominated AWS that's pushing Sunday laws, for religious reasons.
The battle continues in Poland.
The above was NEWS about the Polish Catholic Bishop's Conference, and their attempts to pass Sunday legislation. (Oct. 2001)

The US also has a United States Conference of Catholic Bishops

See the link here.

Because the Pope's Sunday Letter "Dies Domini", says:

"Therefore, also in the particular circumstances of our own time, Christians will naturally strive to ensure that civil legislation respects their duty to keep Sunday holy." (#67)

They have changed the Catechism of the Catholic Church to read:

"In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church's holy days as legal holidays. They have to give everyone a public example of prayer, respect, and joy and defend their traditions as a precious contribution to the spiritual life of society. If a country's legislation or other reasons require work on Sunday, the day should nevertheless be lived as the day of our deliverance which lets us share in this "festal gathering," this "assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven."(#2188)

Interestingly at The Warsaw Voice They seem to think SUNDAY is part of God's Ten Commandments.

More than 90 percent of Poles declare themselves to be Catholic. But it seems they hardly respect the Ten Commandments in their everyday lives: They do not keep the Sabbath holy, for after Mass, without any qualms, they go shopping with their families. For many, this has actually become the preferred way to spend free time (see pages 12-13 for our report). The church appeals for Sundays to be respected."

10-September-2003 -- Catholic World News Brief

CROATIAN CATHOLIC LEADERS SEEK BAN ON SUNDAY SHOP OPENINGS

Zagreb, Sep. 10 (CWNews.com) - Labor laws in Croatia are being used to exploit tens of thousands of citizens, Catholic leaders have charged. "Archbishop Ivan Prendja, president of the Croatian Catholic charity Caritas and Bozo Vuleta , director of the Institute for the Culture of Peace, made the charge in a letter delivered to Prime Minister Ivica Racan this week. The letter accompanied a petition of calling for a ban on the Sunday opening of shops.

According to Croatiaa??s labor law, Sunday is a holiday, and therefore shops should not open. However in 2001 the Ministry of the Economy issued new rules, allowing local government bodies to make their own decisions on shop opening times. This new policy, the Catholic leaders claim, has led to violations of the spirit of the legislation.

The Croatian government is not in favor of the Sunday shop openings, but would prefer a strategy of discouragement and disincentives, rather than an outright ban. However, the prime minister himself admits that more needs to be done. Support for the idea of a total ban is considerable. The 300,000 signatures on the petition represent 1 out of every 15 inhabitants of Croatia. Moreover, according to Caritas and the Institute for the Culture of Peace, their campaign against Sunday opening has the support of-- among other powerful groups-- the trade unions, the Chamber of Crafts, the Merchant Guild, members of parliament and, the Ministry of Crafts and the Ministry of Tourism. The case for a total ban is due to be discussed by the Croatian parliament later this month.

Papal Letter, "Dies Domini" On Keeping The Lord's Day Holy

The Papal call for people to keep Sunday Holy, and push for legislature to make this "convenient".

APOSTOLIC LETTER DIES DOMINI

He writes: #13. The Sabbath precept, which in the first Covenant prepares for the Sunday of the new and eternal Covenant, is therefore rooted in the depths of God's plan. This is why, unlike many other precepts, it is set not within the context of strictly cultic stipulations but within the Decalogue, the "ten words" which represent the very pillars of the moral life inscribed on the human heart. In setting this commandment within the context of the basic structure of ethics, Israel and then the Church declare that they consider it not just a matter of community religious discipline but a defining and indelible expression of our relationship with God, announced and expounded by biblical revelation.

The pope's defense of Sunday is trying to place it as the "evolution" into the "fullness of expression" of the Biblical Sabbath, and applies to Sunday observance a moral imperative rooted in the Decalogue itself, thus trying to elevate it to a divine command.

He writes: #62. It is the duty of Christians therefore to remember that, although the practices of the Jewish Sabbath are gone, surpassed as they are by the "fulfilment" which Sunday brings, the underlying reasons for keeping "the Lord's Day" holy — inscribed solemnly in the Ten Commandments — remain valid, though they need to be reinterpreted in the light of the theology and spirituality of Sunday: "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.

By rooting Sunday keeping in the Sabbath commandment, the Pope attempts to offer the strongest moral reasons to urge Chritians to "ensure that civil legislation repects their duty to keep Sunday holy." (#67)

Yet, Sunday is a child of the Catholic Church, IT IS NOT A COMMAND FROM GOD.

Everywhere she has the power to do so, the Catholic Church will push for Sunday legislation.

The "Infallible" words from the "papal chair" declared by a former pope:

In the Bull "Cantate Domino", Feb. 4, 1441 during the Council of Florence, "It [the Roman Church] firmly believes, professes, and teaches...after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they (laws, including the SABBATH) cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian fath and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from theses errors."

Now read what the present Pope says: (Apostolic Letter Dies Domini on Keeping the Lord's Day Holy) "Sunday assembly is the privileged place of unity. . .which marks the church as a people gathered in the unity of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. For Christian families, Sunday assembly is one of the MOST OUTSTANDING EXPRESSIONS OF THEIR IDENTITY. . .explaining the important reasons behind the OBLIGATORY NATURE of the precept." (#36)

Notice, Sunday according to him is "obligatory", inscribed in canon law, hoping to become legislative laws?

In section #29 "Sunday appears as the supreme day of faith.....Given it's many meanings and spaects, and its link to the very foundations of the faith, the celebration of the Christian Sunday remains, on the threshold of the third millennium, an indispensable element of our Christian identity."

Interesting isn't it that the RCC should call SUNDAY the indispensable element of Christian IDENTITY. Yet the Bible calls the 7th Day Sabbath a sign between God and His people throughout the generations; that we may know that God is the LORD that does sanctify us. (Ex. 31:31, Ezekiel 20:12) "Keep My Sabbaths Holy for they shall be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God." (Ez. 20;12,20)

The letter says "keep Sunday holy" over and over again! Just see in #4 how "legal sanction" and "keep Sunday holy" are combined! "Until quite recently, it was easier in traditionally Christian countries to keep Sunday holy because it was an almost universal practice and because, even in the organization of civil society, Sunday rest was considered a fixed part of the work schedule. Today however, even in those countries who give legal sanction to the festive character of Sunday, changes in socioeconomic conditions have often led to profound modification...."If we want to know where a trend is going we simply need to look back and see where it came from. Sunday laws have a history of cruelty to those who do not see it as the Sabbath, and wish to worship on another day.

Rome's challenge Why do Protestants keep Sunday? The Genuine Offspring Of The Union Of The Holy Spirit And The Catholic Church His Spouse. The Claims Of Protestantism To Any Part Therein Proved To Be Groundless, Self-Contradictory, And Suicidal Prophecy says "he thinks to change times and laws" (Daniel 7:25)

...and there is so much more if you care to read it.

God Bless...in HIS TRUTH...not man's, Amen.

Verna.
you have spent much time looking for articles you feel shows the catholic church as something dangerous and sinister to all----would it not be more christ like to accept all christ based faiths instead of feeling only your views are correct,holy and directly sent from GOD---i find that approach more dangerous to faith in God than anything else-----and your intrepretation of God's truth is man made and biblically interpreted by man---the words of God were given to man,written down by men and interpreted from the bible by men------the sabbatarians,fundementalists,etc follow directives dictated by men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity