Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 12:36 PM

912 posts, read 827,134 times

Advertisements

Do Christians pick and choose when they will outfit themselves with virtue?
What is the reason for being a Christian exactly ... Social convenience ?

Perhaps personal solace or peace within yourself. A peace in understanding who you are and why you exist.

What exactly is it that allows a Christian to assume these above attributes.

Do you believe that you truly care for the well being of your fellow man, love thy neighbor as thyself....really. If this is true you will need evidence.

Is there any point in gathering evidence of care and hope for your fellow man who is absolutely convenient to your temporal , material existence.

I don't think there would be, reason being its self serving in a large way.

Of course theres effort as all human interaction is but, where can the Christian find a value in this whole charity idea.

The greater self convenience is put aside, the greater the individual reality of virtue, can be isolated, known and independently true.

This is important. If the care is independent of fear and self gain, then you know, it is real, indeed it is.

Indeed it shall be.

So then for the Christian as I understand it, in quest for true virtue illuminating true peace, a contribution to another or others which does not appear to extend a self convenient, social or material gain is in fact without question an opportunity.

An opportunity .

Is there an opportunity to help people where virtually the self has no real
gain inward other then the wholeness, in the inspiration itself.

Do Christians think that people do not suspect that the virtue charity is a big sham. The only way to show a true Christian faith from what I'm understanding in the belief is to show, an absence in self gain, in good will.
Otherwise theres just nothing unique or special going on, to my understanding.

I have an example Id like to share. Perhaps someone can help with this confusion. I think in principal Christianity makes alot of sense because its philosophy is built on whats best for ourselves and society. Common sense in moderation, common sense in all of its base idea.

A thread started in a philosophy forum and I was trying to explain to people that helping people stay out of harms way is a good gesture, which has value. The thread complained that these efforts were rooted in cruel Christian initiatives.

My confusion is that in this world with this thread being very active and as well approachable, why no Christian was interested in the opportunity to add any interest in the initiative to help the fellow man stay out of harms way...in the end basically all my entries get deleted for this good medical research which was provided explaining all the dangers , including very serious cancer related statistics...

Its an interesting topic and I don't think Ive seen too much discussion in the mindset and comprehensions of a christian...something seems to be missing, if felt interesting feel free to make a mark with a thought or two.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 02-13-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The Living God by Son of God Lord Jesus Christ is the reason that people become Christian...... All one would need is a witness of the Living God Jesus Christ to know the truth and discern the deception of the world and it hopelessness.... For Jesus is alive and to become a Christian it to know God and to be one with Him ...... See The living God is Not a conjuncture of ideas that religion is a ``do good people ``..... But is a Do good people because Jesus is real and he sees and hears us and talks to His Children and live in them spiritually and People know His unseen presence ...... As for charity virtue, Lord Jesus sees what we do and He said If we give and be a blessing He will bless us and help us give and Jesus will make away were there will be money in our pocket to give and some extra to live on and spend ... Lord Jesus Christ can if one would have faith by the spirit of Christ gives one long life with good health and life after death , But we need to obey Lord Jesus lead and do what He tells us .....Jesus is alive in the unseen spirit of Christians lives

Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 AM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Living God by Son of God Lord Jesus Christ is the reason that people become Christian...... All one would need is a witness of the Living God Jesus Christ to know the truth and discern the deception of the world and it hopelessness.... For Jesus is alive and to become a Christian it to know God and to be one with Him ...... See The living God is Not a conjuncture of ideas that religion is a ``do good people ``..... But is a Do good people because Jesus is real and he sees and hears us and talks to His Children and live in them spiritually and People know His unseen presence ...... As for charity virtue, Lord Jesus sees what we do and He said If we give and be a blessing He will bless us and help us give and Jesus will make away were there will be money in our pocket to give and some extra to live on and spend ... Lord Jesus Christ can if one would have faith by the spirit of Christ gives one long life with good health and life after death , But we need to obey Lord Jesus lead and do what He tells us .....Jesus is alive in the unseen spirit of Christians lives
Really enjoyed your post and read it earlier which gave me time to allow the very well worded thinking to settle in.

I agree with your whole approach in a difficult question. I think your very organized in translation of Christianity, excellent closing sentence.

"Jesus is alive in the unseen spirit of Christians lives"

Im going to think more on this and have recieved an unexpected extra bit of employment situation so the timing is perfect. Be a few days anyway.
I think some of CD tend to post too quickly in many of these important subjects.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:04 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
Despite the fact that you think I am a "flake", I will attempt to reply to at least part of your question.

Maybe, it boils down to that fact that you can't save someone who does not want to be saved.

Charity is a good thing yes, but as you mentioned sometimes it is difficult for others to determine what the motivation for the charity is. In my opinion, regardless of the motivation, if you are doing truly good deeds it is a good thing, regardless of the motivation.

Of all that you wrote and all the questions you asked, these are the things that my flaky mind found most important to reply to.

We cannot impose our beliefs on other people. We can only share them, and hope that maybe something we say resonates with them. If we try to enlighten them with insults, it will completely defeat what we are trying to accomplish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity