Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
You do realise never in this verse is aion do you not?
So it can be read
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will aion be forgiven; he is guilty of an aion sin.”

Thus in the aion to come forgiveness is still apparent.

The verse again is: [Jesus said,] 28I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.” (Mark 3)

You need to realize the Greek word for never is transliterated as: ou, ouk, ouch ~ it is not aion.

Definition: no, not.

3756 ouno ("not"). 3756 (ou) objectively negates a statement, "ruling it out as fact."
[3756 (ou) is written ouk before smooth breathings and oux before a rough breathing.]

Jesus said "I tell you the truth..." ... I believe Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 AM

[quote=Cyber Munchkin;23090360]Amen... Twin !!

Absolutely Jesus never lied..... and there is no getting around what is written, especially what Christ has warned the un-believing, it is what it is....
...... the false teacher's with all their "word-ology"..... which I have never seen so many who worshiped the philosophy of words..... more then God, amen !!
Only thing I can gather it seems to be how their conscience is able to get around justifying the guilt of unbelief of God's WORD as it is written by changing it in order to deal, lessen the fear and guilt... of what is written in God's Holy Scripture !!

Amen.... saved33 !! Moderator cut: orphaned response

Amen...

It always goes back to the garden...did God really say that?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-22-2012 at 10:41 AM..

Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post

AND that is the way it should always be, amen !!
The human heart is faulty and will lead one astray..... but God's word is faithful, forever and will always leads us into His truth...

Keep your eyes upon Jesus for He is the Author and Finisher of our faith, amen !!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
[quote=Cyber Munchkin;23090360]Amen... Twin !!

Absolutely Jesus never lied..... and there is no getting around what is written, especially what Christ has warned the un-believing, it is what it is....
...... the false teacher's with all their "word-ology"..... which I have never seen so many who worshiped the philosophy of words..... more then God, amen !!
Only thing I can gather it seems to be how their conscience is able to get around justifying the guilt of unbelief of God's WORD as it is written by changing it in order to deal, lessen the fear and guilt... of what is written in God's Holy Scripture !!

Cyber,
The gates of hell will not prevail against this phrase when Jesus said "I tell you the truth". As saved33 correctly referenced "it goes back to 'Did God really say? ' "

Yes he did! Praise God for the truth!

John 3:16 is the truth
John 3:36 is the truth
John 5:28-30 is the truth
Mark 3:28-29 is the truth
Matthew 25:41-46 is the truth

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-22-2012 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-22-2012, 09:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Moderator cut: delete"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

What Jesus was saying here is not "look believe the truths i am telling you",He is saying I AM the Truth and I have always been the Truth, even before was born I was THE Truth.

So i can say with full assurance that God is not saying what you think He's saying here in the scripture you are quoting.

It is time to quit putting folk in fear of being deceived, and point them to Jesus Christ(The Truth) who represents all who God IS.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
The verse again is: [Jesus said,] 28I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.” (Mark 3)

You need to realize the Greek word for never is transliterated as: ou, ouk, ouch ~ it is not aion.

Definition: no, not.

3756 ouno ("not"). 3756 (ou) objectively negates a statement, "ruling it out as fact."
[3756 (ou) is written ouk before smooth breathings and oux before a rough breathing.]

Sorry but you need to do more research.

YLT has it

29 but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'

Which back up what I said, forgiveness will be ministered in the age.

And you only used 1 of the 3 definitions that the Greek uses for never.

Here are all 3

3756 ou { oo} also (before a vowel) ouk { ook} and (before an aspirate) ouch { ookh}

a primary word, the absolute negative (cf 3361) adverb;; particle

AV - not 1214, no 136, cannot + 1410 55, misc 48; 1453

GK - 4024 { ouj }

1) no, not; in direct questions expecting an affirmative answer

Wigram’s frequency count is 1535 not 1453.
Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon, (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.) 1995.

1519 eis { ice}

a primary preposition; TDNT - 2:420,211; prep

AV - into 573, to 281, unto 207, for 140, in 138, on 58, toward 29, against 26, misc 321; 1773

GK - 1650 { eij" }

1) into, unto, to, towards, for, among

Wigram’s frequency count is 1770 not 1773.

“For” (as used in Acts 2:38 “for the forgiveness...”) could have two meanings. If you saw a poster saying “Jesse James wanted for robbery”, “for” could mean Jesse is wanted so he can commit a robbery, or is wanted because he has committed a robbery. The later sense is the correct one. So too in this passage, the word “for” signifies an action in the past. Otherwise, it would violate the entire tenor of the NT teaching on salvation by grace and not by works.

165 aion { ahee-ohn’}

from the same as 104; TDNT - 1:197,31; n m

AV - ever 71, world 38, never + 3364 + 1519 + 3588 6, evermore 4, age 2, eternal 2, misc 5; 128

GK - 172 { aijwvn }

1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity
2) the worlds, universe
3) period of time, age

3756 ou { oo} means NOT same word used in thou shalt NOT
1519 eis { ice} means TO
165 aion we all know means AGE

Now reread the literal translation.

Blaspheme is not forgiven to the age. What age?
The age we live in blaspheme is NOT forgiven, however this only lasts until the age to come were all sin will be forgiven. When the kingdom of this world have become the kingdoms of the Lord Christ.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:59 PM

[quote=twin.spin;23091906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen... Twin !!

Cyber,
The gates of hell will not prevail against this phrase when Jesus said "I tell you the truth". As saved33 correctly referenced "it goes back to 'Did God really say? ' "

Yes he did! Praise God for the truth!

John 3:16 is the truth
John 3:36 is the truth
John 5:28-30 is the truth
Mark 3:28-29 is the truth
Matthew 25:41-46 is the truth
Sorry Twin but we are COMMANDED TO TEACH that Jesus is the saviour of ALL MEN.

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 11These things command and teach.

Anyone who teaches other then what we are commanded to teach, teaches a different doctrine and from such we are to turn away.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-23-2012 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: deleted "your unbelief is showing"

Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM

What I have shared, along with a couple others, is God's truth.

Those who are in the Spirit of God, searching for His Truths, will be able to discern His truths shared here.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:12 PM

Another thing I will add is that I gave you guys scriptures that show unbelief is forgiven, yet you continually state it can never be forgiven.

So tell me how you will ever be saved as you once walked in unbelief? and by your post still do, you believe in Jesus, but you do NOT believe in what He IS and has and will do, you guys simply do not believe He IS the saviour of ALL MEN.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
What I have shared, along with a couple others, is God's truth.

Those who are in the Spirit of God, searching for His Truths, will be able to discern His truths shared here.
When the blind lead the blind both fall into a ditch.

We are commanded to teach He is the saviour of ALL MEN. That is the gospel message, that is the doctrine of the apostles, that is what Jesus IS.

Yet you refuse to believe IN Him, you only believe about Him, big big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity