Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times

Advertisements

Is Armageddon Imminent?

It certainly seems like it to me. But then I've always believed Jesus' prophecy about a war to end all wars in the book of Matthew. The difference for me is that I've always believed we will go through the tribulation, whereas many believe the church will be removed before all hell breaks loose. I've never believed in the rapture dogma. I believe we will endure (or faint) in the time of great trouble.

Iranian warships sail into the Mediterranean - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 AM

67 posts, read 108,910 times
I only feel bad for Palestinians , strangers stole their land in the name of the alleged " Armageddon " .

Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Most of the Armageddon threat from Iran , who in their faith believe this prophecy by their sect of Islam..... Jesus Spirit told me as the news were Iran was threating to close the strait of Hormuz, which would stop one fifth of all oil transportation for the world , was only fear threat and that Jesus has a plan .... There are two predicted wars from the Bible, ..One war is in the Valley of Hamon-gog were God is going to have a nuclear bomb fall on all the armies of Armorites area enemies which today has no movement..... Then the Rise of the Nation of Israel were all the nations of the world will go to this area of Megiddo and fight against the purpose of God ...See Iran would need for the devil to have His frog spirits rally up more support before this disaster can happen, as the devil need all nations and he only has a hand full.... I believe Lord Jesus has more time , but these frog spirit are in the earth in a small way from Revelations 16: 13.......

Old 02-19-2012, 08:07 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Is Armageddon Imminent?

It certainly seems like it to me. But then I've always believed Jesus' prophecy about a war to end all wars in the book of Matthew. The difference for me is that I've always believed we will go through the tribulation, whereas many believe the church will be removed before all hell breaks loose. I've never believed in the rapture dogma. I believe we will endure (or faint) in the time of great trouble.

Armageddon is imminent in GOD's time,but as for our's,we may still be year's off imho.

I used to buy into the "rapture theory" ,but in the last year or so with much more study on it,I have came to reject it as a wishful Fairy Tale that is spewed forth by ear tickling,clueless preachers(deceivers perhaps??)......the trouble will be shortened for the sake of the elect as the WORD tells you,but I think the elect will taste trouble.

JMO.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Ezekiel 39:6
And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 38 & 39. Not Armageddon. That is when the Lord returns to set up his Kingdom.

"Order out of Chaos". Out of the leadership vacuum emerges a World Leader that the Bible has been talking about for thousands of years.

Daniel 8:23-25

23And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,517 times
Quote:
Is Armageddon Imminent?

the answer is a resounding YES! The Armageddon is imminent, hard times are ahead, and we must pray all the time..

More and more people come to the same conlusion, religious or not, that what is going to take place soon is something that mankind has never experienced before.. we must not be in fear! we must stay in the will of the Lord and everything will be sorted out!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Ezekiel 39:6
And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 38 & 39. Not Armageddon. That is when the Lord returns to set up his Kingdom.

"Order out of Chaos". Out of the leadership vacuum emerges a World Leader that the Bible has been talking about for thousands of years.

Daniel 8:23-25

23And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

thats an interesting post & pictures

Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Is Armageddon Imminent?

The battle of Amrageddon will come in the end of the seven year tibulation

Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The battle of Amrageddon will come in the end of the seven year tibulation
thats true, what most poeple do not realize is that it is ongoing

Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 PM

646 posts, read 634,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander7 View Post
I only feel bad for Palestinians , strangers stole their land in the name of the alleged " Armageddon " .
When did that happen?

Wilson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity