Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,097 times

Advertisements

An appropriate snippet from
SOONER OR LATER GOD ALL IN ALL - ANTHONY J. BORRELLO

“As hostile and objectionable our dear brethren may be, there are answers and explanations for every argument and/or insinuation presented against the undeniable fact, That God indeed is a God ‘Who will have all men to be saved, and come into a knowledge of the truth (1Tim. 2:4). As greatly as man and their religious attempt to fight this utterly dynamic evangel (good news), God shall eventually be All in all (1Cor. 15:28)."
EDITOR'S ADDITION:
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
Bible Threatenings Explained

"But God is in no hurry. He has specific eons, and administrations within the eons, to fulfill His universal purpose and intention of universal reconciliation. All came out of Christ, including Adam. Consequently all shall be restored by and through Christ, ‘yet each in his own class’ (1Cor. 15:23)."
EDITOR'S ADDITION:
GOD'S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

"Annihilation is only one step from its false associate ‘eternal torment.’ When clouds of confusion gather regarding God’s plan for mankind, and despair comes showering down upon our studies, turn to God’s word originally rendered, then, like a searchlight in the darkness of night, His love, and His light of understanding will surely beam forth. God will not allow any to be eternally lost. He is a loving Creator, working out His purpose for the universe, Who will get love from all in return, so that He can and will be ‘ALL in all,’ to all, ‘later.’”
EDITOR'S ADDITION:
WILL UNBELIEVERS BE ANNIHILATED? - chapters three and four
(If necessary copy and paste the following url into your browser address bar)
Lighthouse Library International - ALL IN ALL, ADOLPH E||&type=&what=author
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:48 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
How well spoken !
It finally becomes wanton refusal to not to accept what one reads. It's blatantly clear what happens when people reject God...God finally rejects them.
Jeremiah 6:30
They are called rejected silver, because the LORD has rejected them.”

The truth is that if one rejects God in this lifetime, God rejects those who come before him after their life on earth. There is no other reason for the multiple warnings if such a situation doesn't exist.
Amen.... Jesus sure did warn multiple times of their choices and where it will end them !!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... Jesus sure did warn multiple times of their choices and where it will end them !!
Yes He did!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,097 times
Default Where god's "choice" will bring everyone

WHERE GOD'S "CHOICE" WILL, SOONER OR LATER BRING EVERYONE
Just like it did for Lydia, and Saul of Tarsus.

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46
"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

See what other Greek scholars say about it too.
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
Chapter Eleven

Fifteen literally translated (not interpretively translated) Bibles that reveal what God will do with the sinners in Matthew 25:46
Concordant Literal, Young’s literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s,
J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed,
The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).

Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,989 times
FinnJarber

It says because people did not receive the love of the truth.

2 thessalonians 2

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now restrains will restrain, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The result of not loving the truth is God sending strong delusion to believe their lies giving them over to the lusts of the flesh (Romans 1) which lead to damnation through the deceitfulness of sin.

The fool says in his heart there is no God - not in his Brain. There are plenty of very intelligent people that are working very hard to believe their own lie, and plenty of people with lots of money willing to pay them to support their evolving theology. The problem is, the foundational piece of the puzzle has been left out resulting in taping up the pieces. Enter the Evolution Agnostic (ie we can't really know) philosophy.

How does a cycle evolve?

Need to go back to Scientific basics. An interdependent cycle by definition is dependent upon the other components to be in place to function. Anything conclusion outside of this is Theology because it hasn't been observed and tested. It turns out, evolution is a dangerous Religion, but this nonsense is being taught to our children at our public schools as irrefutable fact. And we wonder why kids are shooting each other. But let's not go down that path on this thread.

I've come to a conclusion our Pride is our greatest enemy keeping us from the truth that we are indeed a fallen race in need of a redeemer. The reason why we don't come to the Scriptures is because we don't want to change our ways.

The good news is, it is impossible to change without the Holy Spirit being in the natural. We are "sold under sin" born in Adam. God promises if we come to him in Messiah being "born-again" in the Spirit, he will give us the power to overcome. We don't have to be perfect by our own efforts for him to accept us. We do have to be seen as perfect in Messiah for him to accept us which comes by repentance in heart believing the gospel imputing his righteousness to our account by justification by faith (Romans;4;5;9) the moment we've accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior.

God wants a relationship with us through Messiah Jesus. The Holy Spirit transforms the inner man. You'll find the old man's ways as empty and vain and desire to learn more about God and have fellowship with him. He makes it clear he is constantly calling out. We just need to respond.

Isaiah 66:4

I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

I have a theory that all the Alien propaganda on TV. Zechariah Sitchens "Sumerian g-ds" that is proposed to have "genetically engineered" us along with Atheist Evangelicals such as Richard Dawkins also evidently falling into line with this belief as well as many other factors, I think I have a pretty good idea what type of delusion that the masses are going to be fed over to believe I think.

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

We've all been led to think that perceived life on other planets somehow challenges the existence of the Judeo-Christian God. Little do most know this phenomenon can be well researched by studying the Scriptures (Genesis 6) as well as the "New Age" - Hitler's "Ascended Masters", Heaven's Gate's cult "Space Brothers" et al. While the majority has been led to believe ET is going to phone home to his friends, the evidence demonstrates this phenomenon is hostile not friendly. Friendlies don't abduct people performing sexual experiments on them, but that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 03-01-2012 at 10:22 AM..

Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Free will?let me get this straight, some super being who can construct universes for some reason focuses on a small non descript planet and makes a species called humans,then in their short fleeting lives expects them to become perfect and accept him as their savior, failure to comply with his wishes dooms you to an eternal afterlife of h ell.
That to me is a strange way of giving people free will..
Isn't it though?

Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Free will?let me get this straight, some super being who can construct universes for some reason focuses on a small non descript planet and makes a species called humans,then in their short fleeting lives expects them to become perfect and accept him as their savior, failure to comply with his wishes dooms you to an eternal afterlife of h ell.
That to me is a strange way of giving people free will..
I agree. We all have a will, but not a free will. If we had free wills we could will anything we want to happen and poof, it would be done. God is the one whose will is free. A lot of Christians do not like the thought of God being sovereign over all. And yet they claim to believe the bible is inerrant. The bible is very clear that God is sovereign and that no one can "stay his hand" - no one can say to him "what are you doing?". I find it comforting because from the earthly perspective, things often don't look too bright, but I believe (by faith) that I cannot understand how God is carrying out his will when so much bad stuff happens. But I believe he is sovereign over all the works of his hands and his wisdom and ways are beyond finding out.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Quote:
I agree. We all have a will, but not a free will. If we had free wills we could will anything we want to happen and poof, it would be done. God is the one whose will is free. A lot of Christians do not like the thought of God being sovereign over all. And yet they claim to believe the bible is inerrant. The bible is very clear that God is sovereign and that no one can "stay his hand" - no one can say to him "what are you doing?". I find it comforting because from the earthly perspective, things often don't look too bright, but I believe (by faith) that I cannot understand how God is carrying out his will when so much bad stuff happens. But I believe he is sovereign over all the works of his hands and his wisdom and ways are beyond finding out.

Amen. God bless and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity