Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,433,539 times

Advertisements

That's what a Roman Catholic priest told me. What do you think? I am not talking about whacko-murderers, but the run-of-the-mill person on the street who believes in Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 PM

488 posts, read 1,254,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's what a Roman Catholic priest told me. What do you think? I am not talking about whacko-murderers, but the run-of-the-mill person on the street who believes in Christianity.
false!

Is 64:4
All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags

that priest is a false "prophet", and if there was something true in what he said, Why then do we need a savior?

Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,445,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Why then do we need a savior?
Perhaps, it is because so many have been taught to see themselves as filthy rags, worthy of nothing?

Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,433,539 times
Quote:
false!
that priest is a false "prophet"
I think what he was trying to say is that most people don't go to hell.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:28 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,435,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Perhaps, it is because so many have been taught to see themselves as filthy rags, worthy of nothing?

I believe you may be on to something there, Jerwade.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,063,423 times
In Matthew 20: 21-23......``the mother of Zebedee`s children with her son, worshiped him and desired a certain thing of him and asked Jesus `Grant that these my two sons may sit , the one on your right hand the the other on the left, in the kingdom ...and Jesus said `You know not what you ask. Are you able to drink of the cup that I will drink of, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with...You will drink indeed of my cup and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with , but to sit on my right hand and on my left, is not mine to give, but it will be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father ``...... See Jesus says We are able to drink of the cup of the Holy Spirit that Jesus will drink and will never go alone independent of Lord Jesus and His righteousness..

Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,037,193 times
Quote:
Imagine how a child would turn out if you taught him in no uncertain terms that he was a no good piece of filth, unworthy of love. Now look at what is taught in many churches and it's not that hard to understand why the mainstream Christian religion has become what it is.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:41 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,312,329 times
Quote:
Is 64:4
All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags
that priest is a false "prophet", and if there was something true in what he said, Why then do we need a savior?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I believe you may be on to something there, Jerwade.
This one of the most heinous and psychologically destructive teachings in the mainstream Christian churches . . . who have corrupted Christ's message of love in favor of power and control.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:45 PM

9,930 posts, read 1,302,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Those who obey the gospel and remain faithful unto death are the ones who will be saved. That's what the scriptures say.

God Bless,

Katie

Old 02-26-2012, 06:59 PM

84 posts, read 113,000 times
I think deep inside of heart we hear the small voice that says that we are essentially good and that there is no lake of fire, but we dismiss that voice because we are taught by the Christian religion that we can't trust ourselves, and that we are evil. There is no freedom in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity