Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:39 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,767,153 times

Advertisements

Answer emails? They put up a nice display on the internet to explain what they are all about, and what they have to offer. Then when I finally decide to click on their contact us @(emailaddress) no one bothers to answer back to let you know they received it let alone even read it. What does this say about the members, pastors and the church's attentativeness in general towards new members. Does it mean they don't want new members? or just don't care and figure you come or don't who cares?

Why have an email address and not bother to answer it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Answer emails? They put up a nice display on the internet to explain what they are all about, and what they have to offer. Then when I finally decide to click on their contact us @(emailaddress) no one bothers to answer back to let you know they received it let alone even read it. What does this say about the members, pastors and the church's attentativeness in general towards new members. Does it mean they don't want new members? or just don't care and figure you come or don't who cares?

There could be many reasons for that .... from simple oversight to you've contacted a false religion \ cult and God has his way of not letting you get involved with them.

I know that sounds harsh... but Satan is doing a lot of masquarading, so he has his presence on the web too.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 AM

But I know this church physically exists. I even went past it to make sure I know how to get there if I decided to go. I just want to check it out and am looking into going to one somewhere that could help me with some questions about doubts and understand the bible better. I know I will be a pest to them because I am a doubter, I want to believe but it's hard to. I also want to see what this fellowship thing is too and why do they welcome family but not single people? It doesn't make any sense to go on the internet and entroduce everyone of the pastors, and everyone else who runs the church and not bother with it after that.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,591,691 times
We have that contact form on our website as well. When you filled out a form it came to my inbox. You always got a reply; it might not be the same day (I do have days off), but you do get a reply.

For a church to not respond tells me they are a bit clueless, understaffed or haven't assigned the email to anyone in specific so no-one ends up responding.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There could be many reasons for that .... from simple oversight to you've contacted a false religion \ cult and God has his way of not letting you get involved with them.

I know that sounds harsh... but Satan is doing a lot of masquarading, so he has his presence on the web too.
Imho, No, I don't see it harsh, Twin, but a warning to teach those who are learning or young in their faith to discern God's will and Him protecting them from harmful teachings, or harm places, whatever.... as I believe and have seen God do this many, many times !! And your post may help some to step back....pray about it when this is going on and give them the heart to trust and wait upon the Lord !!

Blessings

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,287,538 times
Quote:

Did they post a phone number?

Do they have a sign outside the building that lists service times? Many churches offer mid week studies. Maybe you should just go. You can ask your questions, and also let them know about the emails. If you don't like what you see, don't go back. Or just excuse yourself and tell them you have to leave.

You must have liked what you saw on the website, so it's worth a try. Who knows? It could be a good thing!

Katie

Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,800,000 times
Quote:

It's called "customer service" and is something sadly lacking throughout contemporary America in all aspects of business and other organizations.

I get it that when you e-mail the pope or the head of the major denominations or IBM or government officials, who may get tens of thousands of emails a day, that responses are few and far between. But there are many small businesses, many small churches, that may get 20-30 emails a week tops. Surely the task of acknowledgment cannot be much of a burden.

You build your customer base through good service, which includes communication - responding to inquiries, offering a regular newsletter with activities, updates, information.

Too many operators just dont get it.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,041,835 times
Send a e-mail back and ask for prayer, if no one calls or even prayers then you must go and find a different church , as the spiritual lack of Holy Spirit could be there...

Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 PM

The first time I clicked on their contact @email address and it came up in some windows live box so I pasted their email contact address to in my email I use. Today I sent another email only this time I used the one that they had which was the windows live box that opened.

I wanted to know if they had anything for new people. I also let them know I'm a little hesitant because I'm like what some people call a doubting thomas kind of person. They seem to have a lot scolarly people who run the church which is good for teaching and learning. I was told about this church from someone I met at the supermarket. Bit of a story there. I can't get the guy out of my head and have this nagging thought that I should check it out and for the freaking life of me I don't know why. That never happens to me especially when it comes to church. I have always not liked church and sometimes hated it all that singing and jumping up and down just never really did much for me. But now I'd like to learn more and find out what this fellowship thing is all about. Some places say they are good family but I don't have a family so those kind probably aren't for me. I need a church with patient people as well because if they aren't when it comes to helping me learn then it will turn me away and I have this weird feeling, again for the life of me I don't know why, that I need to understand more. I asked Jesus a long time ago to not let me go because I felt I was leaving god. I don't want to just go and find it's one of those churches where all they do is sing and not have anyone there to help and greet new people. I didn't see anything called bible study so I have no clue if they have that. I'll check out their website again. When I do finally decide to go I will let you all know how it went.

They really should have the church contactus @ email address connected to their home computer so they can keep better track of anyone new who needs a little help or encouragement to come to them.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
dont judge christianity by those that come up short but
i know what u mean.
its worse if u "personally" get invited to attend a church function, and then when u show up they utterly ignore u. just the sort of thing a single lonely guy needs.
billy graham, for all his greatness, fully admitted the fault.
he said it better than anybody.
"im in sales not operations."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity