Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:41 PM

120 posts, read 119,257 times

Advertisements

everyone here seems to have the truth about the gospel and the right way to live according to the book of "life".... do you think that if you met the man they called jesus, he would be pleased with how you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 03:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Thankfully LM He's a leader not a follower.

Ps love your insight

Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,795 times
There is only one thing to preach or teach - the words of Yahushua the Messiah. If you point people to what He preached and taught then you do well. "He" is the Messiah, and the one mankind has waited for, for thousands of years.

May Yahua's blessings be upon you in the name of Yahushua, so be it.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:43 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
everyone here seems to have the truth about the gospel and the right way to live according to the book of "life".... do you think that if you met the man they called jesus, he would be pleased with how you live?
By their fruit ye shall know them.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 AM

461 posts, read 480,575 times
Yes , He would walk with me as He does in spirit. He would call me friend and I would call Him brother as I do in spirit. As He said "You are my friends if you do what I command you." So I walk in His ways and keep His commands as he instructed me. "I do nothing on my own I judge as I hear and my judgment is just because I'm not seeking my own will but the will of the One who sent me."( JN 5:30)

Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
By quiet waters He does Lead me Psalm 23:2.

What is wonderful about this is what God Leads us by . Still waters are the peace of God. So God leads us by His Peace. Now that is worth getting up this Sunday morning for.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:35 PM

461 posts, read 480,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
By quiet waters He does Lead me Psalm 23:2.

What is wonderful about this is what God Leads us by . Still waters are the peace of God. So God leads us by His Peace. Now that is worth getting up this Sunday morning for.
Yes, as the son of man says," Peace is my gift to you my peace is my farewell to you."

Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
I would hope so, but none of us really know the answer to that. Alll we can do is try to live a Christian life and hope Jesus is approving.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,172 times
would he be pleased?..... i really dont care if he would be pleased. I am the one that is please that he is my Savior. I dont live trying to be good everyday so he can like me more. The life i live is the one that God gave me. Only i can live my life. My carnal mind cannot please him, my spirit that is from him pleases him. not because i gave a dollar to another human, not because i read my bible for 10 hrs in one day, not becasue i attend some church every week, twice if i really want to 'please' him. God is pleased at what happened at the cross of calvary. Jesus said " it is finished". why would i try to add to that. I am please when i am sitting on Father God's lap. Letting him love me is what pleases him.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
Well, pcamps stole my line. I would hope we are following him and not expect him to follow us.

I am sure Jesus would have something to say to any of our churches or anything we preach to help us get it better, but doesn't he do that anyway? Just because he is not here in the flesh, he is here even moreso in the power of the Spirit. Isn't it the Spirit's job to lead us to Christ? to see that what we are preaching and walking is in tune with what Christ taught?

Agreed, there are churches where things are spoken that are grievous. I don't like to make light of any house of worship, but I have been places where I did not sense the Spirit of the Lord was in the place. I have to look inside and see if it is me that is afar off first and then I believe we are to quietly leave and not cause an uproar but continue to search for a body of believers where God's Spirit is free to move and the word of the Lord is preached in love.

If we feel our own house of worship is out of order, then I believe we are to seriously pray for the Lord to come and make things right and to avoid gossip or slanderous talk. I have seen such bad fruit rip churches apart. At some point, one might need to make a change in a place of worship.

Other than that, don't see a need to be the Holy Spirit for someone else. Let him be who he is and straighten out his church. But let it begin with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity