Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
You don't have any proof that means fallen angels and not humans, but even so, that would still mean he was preaching in "hell." For what purpose? Do you think whatever Jesus said during those incredible three days would be said to accomplish nothing? Obviously He didn't do it just to harrass them or make fun of them.

Show me passages where Jesus referred to people as spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
What part of you, do you believe God is speaking to you saved33 ?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,952 times
Quote:
Do you believe only fallen angels can be born again? "What's born of the flesh is flesh. What's born of the Spirit is spirit."

Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
You refuse to believe that God sacrificed His son for the sins of mankind. Sorry Mystic, but it is you that needs a new lens, not me. And it is you that is following some other Spirit and Jesus, not me. Period.
It seems no matter how often you are corrected . . . you insist on retaining what YOU believe I believe instead of the reality. Of course God allowed His Son to sacrifice Himself to the barbarity of our savage ancestors because of our sins (They knew not what they did . . . missed the mark.). But it was to reveal what God really wants from us . . . mercy NOT sacrifice . . . and to reveal God's true nature . . . love for us all.

That is the lens you miss by using your lens of a vengeful God demanding a brutal and savage sacrifice to appease His anger with humankind. What kind of a God is that . . . and all over a fruit???

Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Katie are you saying He is not the cause for us to repent, and that the word He sends out does not accomplish what it is sent out for ?.
Speaking for myself I can say without doubt that He accomplished His desire in me believing. I will not glory in my own choice, but in the glory of the Lord.

So then neither is he that plants anything, neither he that waters; but God that gives the increase.
Hi Paul,

I think if you reread my post, you will see that I said that HIS WORD is what causes us to have faith. "Faith comes by hearing the word. Faith will cause us to repent." But the choice is ours. We decide to accept or reject Him. That's what free will is. Many, many hear the word, but they don't choose to listen.

Jesus commanded us to repent or perish. There is a clear cut choice in those words. If not, then there is no free will, which I think you said you believed in.

Katie

Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Do you believe only fallen angels can be born again? "What's born of the flesh is flesh. What's born of the Spirit is spirit."
Sorry to butt in here. I know the question is directed to Saved, but I am very curious to know if you believe fallen angels can be born again?

I've never seen anything written in the Bible about this. If there is, would you mind posting it so I can see it?

I noticed you didn't respond to my post #98 about the spirits in prison. I know I often miss posts, so thought I should mention it, in case you missed it, and because it seems pretty important to the topic. I would be interested in your take.

Katie

Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Hi Pleroo,

People who follow Christ are first and foremost believers in Christ. They believe He is the Son of God, that He suffered a cruel death on the cross to save us. A disciple or follower of Christ will turn from their sins, and trust Jesus to forgive them. They become like Christ in their attitudes and actions.

This is what Jesus said about following Him.

How did He say His sheep responded to Him? He said, My sheep hear my voice. So a follower of Christ hears His voice.

John 10:26-28
"But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

Jesus also said, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed (a disciple is a follower). And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32)

Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Jesus asked his disciples: "Why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things that I say unto you" (Luke 6:46)

A follower of Christ, also known as a disciple will hear His voice, abide in His word, keep His commandments, and do what He says.

I'm sure much, much more could be said.

I would like to point out that just because a person believes in Christ, goes to church, and reads their Bible does not make them a follower of Christ.

No one can be a follower of Christ and deny His deity. No one can be a follower of Christ and deny His death on the cross, His burial or His resurrection from death. No one can be a follower of Christ who denies the words He spoke or the miracles He did. No one can be a follower of Christ and not do as He says.

And finally, no one can be a true follower of Christ and not be a christian.

Katie
Quote:
...See Katie's post, I couldn't have said it better...
That's quite a list. And you say there's much, much more!

Congratulations on meeting all the criteria to qualify as Christ followers.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Hi Paul,

I think if you reread my post, you will see that I said that HIS WORD is what causes us to have faith. "Faith comes by hearing the word. Faith will cause us to repent." But the choice is ours. We decide to accept or reject Him. That's what free will is. Many, many hear the word, but they don't choose to listen.

Jesus commanded us to repent or perish. There is a clear cut choice in those words. If not, then there is no free will, which I think you said you believed in.

Katie
Katie

Do you believe in cause and effect ?.Your faith and turning to Him is the effect of what God caused to happen ?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That's quite a list. And you say there's much, much more!

Congratulations on meeting all the criteria to qualify as Christ followers.
Thank you Pleroo. I was wondering what you think a follower of Christ is? Do you see it differently, or is there something you might add to my list? Like I said, a lot more could be said, but those things I listed were what came to mind.

Hope you have a great Saturday. Must be a day off for you.
Everyday is a day off for me. Retirement is the best!

Katie

Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,952 times
Quote:
Sorry to butt in here. I know the question is directed to Saved, but I am very curious to know if you believe fallen angels can be born again?

I've never seen anything written in the Bible about this. If there is, would you mind posting it so I can see it?

I noticed you didn't respond to my post #98 about the spirits in prison. I know I often miss posts, so thought I should mention it, in case you missed it, and because it seems pretty important to the topic. I would be interested in your take.

Katie
Hi Katie. I asked that question because Saved said the spirits in prison were fallen angels and then asked me where humans were called spirits. But to answer your question, I don't know if "born again" would be the terminology for fallen angels but I do believe the bible about the restitution of all things.

I did miss your other post. Sorry about that. It seems to me that you went to a lot of trouble to try to explain away the verse that says HE WENT to speak to these people who died a long time before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity