Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

When we here these words from the one we expected to hear something entirely different,we are free to go and sin no more.

It was exactly how Paul was freed from condemnation. He heard the same word the woman caught in adultery heard and he was then free to be spiritually minded. He struggled under condemnation until he heard that liberating living Word .

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!!!!!, neither does he condemn me.

There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus .

You Fundies Jesus Christ is far more wonderful than you think, His name is wonderful after all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When we here these words from the one we expected to hear something entirely different,we are free to go and sin no more.

It was exactly how Paul was freed from condemnation. He heard the same word the woman caught in adultery heard and he was then free to be spiritually minded. He struggled under condemnation until he heard that liberating living Word .

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!!!!!, neither does he condemn me.

You Fundies Jesus Christ is far more wonderful than you think, His name is wonderful after all
So are you saying if we put folk under condemnation they will continue in sin ?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,527 times
Quote:

RESPONSE:

>>It was exactly how Paul was freed from condemnation. He heard the same word the woman caught in adultery heard and he was then free to be spiritually minded. He struggled under condemnation until he heard that liberating living Word <<

That wouldn't have been possible. The women taken in adultery story (John 7-8) wasn't added to the gospel until at least the the fourth century. It isn't in either the Codex Sinacticus or the Codex Vaticanus both from the 4th century.

The story got attached to Luke's gospel for awhile.

It's a nice story though.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

>>It was exactly how Paul was freed from condemnation. He heard the same word the woman caught in adultery heard and he was then free to be spiritually minded. He struggled under condemnation until he heard that liberating living Word <<

That wouldn't have been possible. The women taken in adultery story (John 7-8) wasn't added to the gospel until at least the the fourth century. It isn't in either the Codex Sinacticus or the Codex Vaticanus both from the 4th century.

The story got attached to Luke's gospel for awhile.

It's a nice story though.
I am not saying Paul read a bible and found it out, I am saying Paul heard within his heart the same word "neither do I condemn you", whether he had heard of the account of the woman caught in adultery or not.

I am pretty sure those who witnessed all the good Jesus did, probably told Paul anyway.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
So are you saying if we put folk under condemnation they will continue in sin ?
Yes.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.

-Jesus
John 5:14

Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.

-Jesus
John 5:14
The earthly Jesus never spoke to Paul. But sin does indeed bring suffering, sorrow and death into our lives, no doubt about that. It is a spiritual law at work that is just as valid as any physical law.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 PM

120 posts, read 119,278 times
why do we continue to try to conform eachother to the things that we have attached to, to the things that we have chosen to believe? If we can see that we are not waht we believe, we are not even the thoughts, we are the life beyond all of these things.
the ego wants to be separate so that it can be superior. it needs to be separate to be greater than somthing.. the thought of letting go all the attachements of the ego, is scary to the ego.. but not to who we truly are .. truth is freedom to be, without attachments of any kind..
truth is not limited to a religion or even a god. truth is formless, endless jsut as life is..we are that life.. we are trapped in a mind state that has us fighting over illusions and stories of the mind and its ego.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
I wish more Christians understood the concept that preaching and talking about SINS is for believers only. We are commanded to preach the Gospel to the unsaved. That Gospel deals with sin in a general way and not a particular way. Do Christians who are always preaching out to the world about particular sins like homosexuality for example not realize that any and all unforgiven sin equally separates that person from God? Once a person comes to faith, then the body of Christ can assist that person in his lifelong progression of growing in the faith through example, teaching, fellowship etc.

We are commanded by Jesus to love, care for, support and help those in spiritual bondage NOT to point the finger of the judging Pharasee at them. It's just totally against the teaching and the example of our Lord.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 PM

461 posts, read 480,671 times
"Anyone who rejects me and doesn't accept my words he already has his judge ,namely, the words I've spoken, that's what will condemn him on the last day."JN 12:48

"What ever is on your mind comes out your mouth."

"Whatever the heart is full of, that's what the mouth will speak."

"Love the Lord your God with all your HEART, with all your soul and with all your MIND."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity