Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

"Capture the mind; the heart and soul will follow."

Old 06-17-2012, 07:06 PM

481 posts, read 864,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Chilli

When you said you sensed his( the devil) presence,what are you meaning by this?, can you describe it.
Sorry for my slight delay, been very busy today spending time with my family....hahaha

It is called "Discerning of Spirits", one of the Gifts of the Spirit that is moved upon you when you walk and live in the Spirit.

Here is a breakdown for whom are ignorant to this Gift of the Spirit....

CATEGORY.....Revelation Gift

DEFINITIONS.....Recognizing what is of God verses the world, the flesh, and the devil.

EXAMPLE.....Paul recognizing that the girl in Philippi had a spirit of divination.

Discerning of spirits is the supernatural ability given by the Holy Spirit to perceive the source of a spiritual manifestation and determine whether it is of God (Acts 10:30-35), of the devil (Acts 16:16-18), of man (Acts 8:18-23), or of the world. It is not mind reading, psychic phenomena, or the ability to criticize and find fault.

Discerning of spirits must be done by the power of the Holy Spirit; He bears witness with our spirit when something is or is not of God. The gift of discerning of spirits is the supernatural power to detect the realm of the spirits and their activities. It implies the power of spiritual insight - the supernatural revelation of plans and purposes of the enemy and his forces. It is a gift which protects and guards your Christian life.

....Shalom pcamps

Old 06-17-2012, 07:08 PM

101 posts, read 296,380 times
No.
But rather close to me in Brookfield CT is a case of a famous Demon murder trial.

Demon Murder Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just about all cultures & religions spoke of the Demonic.

So I don't know if it is exclusively a Christian issue.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
It is called "Discerning of Spirits", one of the Gifts of the Spirit that is moved upon you when you walk and live in the Spirit.

Here is a breakdown for whom are ignorant to this Gift of the Spirit....

CATEGORY.....Revelation Gift

DEFINITIONS.....Recognizing what is of God verses the world, the flesh, and the devil.

EXAMPLE.....Paul recognizing that the girl in Philippi had a spirit of divination.

Discerning of spirits is the supernatural ability given by the Holy Spirit to perceive the source of a spiritual manifestation and determine whether it is of God (Acts 10:30-35), of the devil (Acts 16:16-18), of man (Acts 8:18-23), or of the world. It is not mind reading, psychic phenomena, or the ability to criticize and find fault.

Discerning of spirits must be done by the power of the Holy Spirit; He bears witness with our spirit when something is or is not of God. The gift of discerning of spirits is the supernatural power to detect the realm of the spirits and their activities. It implies the power of spiritual insight - the supernatural revelation of plans and purposes of the enemy and his forces. It is a gift which protects and guards your Christian life.

....Shalom pcamps
Chilli I was asking what the feeling of his( the devil) presence is to you.

Peace to you too .

Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I just wonder if that "sense of his(the devil) presence", is nothing more than the feeling of fear within.
Just read what I previously posted about "Discerning of Spirits", and if you then do not get it, then you are too attached to this world and not focused on God our Father. This is spoke of throughout Gods Covenant with much testimony of this Truth, and if you are not walking and living in the Spirit, then you are missing out on the Truth and life.

People truly think if they give themselves to God, they will have a restrictive and boring lifestyle. Too many of the children of the living God are living a life attached to this world and are missing out on some amazing grace, but they choose their own will and ways of this world over His. The churches of today are infested with this foolishness. It is not about you, it is all about Him my brothers and sisters.

The Spirit has said it's peace and I will remain to "Be Still" with this Truth as the Spirit calls be to be.

I say Shalom!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,737 times
I'm a littl confused as to why you are asking and also, what it is exactly that you yourself believe.
On the one hand it sounds like you do believe in God and the existence of Satan. On the other hand, you say that you believe people who blame their failings on Satan are just making up excuses.

So, before I answer your question, I must ask you a question or two. Do you believe in the existence of God and the existence of Satan? How do you tell the difference between a person who has been affected by evil or challenged by evil and aperson who is just using that as an "excuse"?

Now, to answer your questions.

There have been a few times when I thought I may have been confronted by this evil of which you speak. It was a horrible feeling, yet there was also a sense of peace because I believed (possibly KNEW) that as long as I put my faith in God and I believed (or KNEW) that the Lord would see me through I would get through it and I would be okay.

To this day, I am not sure if these experiences were truly a Good vs Evil, God vs Satan situation or if it was me having some delusional experiences.

Of course atheist would believe it was a case of delusion. I do believe in God and therefore I believe evil also exists. But, it is hard for me to know when something is coming from these sources or when it is just our imagination, or due to some other type of mental stressors.

Regardless of the source, I firmly believe that as long as you believe you can get through a situation and you believe something good will be there waiting for you when you come through the worse of it, that is what will happen.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Chilli I was asking what the feeling of his( the devil) presence is to you.

Peace to you too .
My apologies...hahaha. It is a sense of empty void, a deep depression, a feeling of much anger and deception. It is a strong feeling of heaviness upon you with the void of love. It is definitely not of the God by far, and it feels like you have a heavy weight upon you.

That is about what it feels like. Sometimes it feels such an evil, rotten, and darkness that just cannot be explained and wish upon no one to have to feel.

Shalom haveri or haverti

Last edited by Brother Michael; 06-17-2012 at 08:33 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I feel such an evil, rotten, and darkness that just cannot be explained and wish upon no one to have to feel.
There are two paths:

"One is to live as life unfolds, the other is to create the life you live."

Presently, as I discern the human story, we have within us the propensity for good or evil,
predicated on the predominant or prevailing tendency of one’s own spirit and state of mind.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There are two paths:

"One is to live as life unfolds, the other is to create the life you live."

Presently, as I discern the human story, we have within us the propensity for good or evil,
predicated on the predominant or prevailing tendency of one’s own spirit and state of mind.
Correction, and adjusted properly in my original posting relating to above quotation, but it is not what I feel within myself brother or sister, it is what emits from the other or wherever.

I know we create our own oppression or bondage through our own free will choices through our soul, but their is a soulful oppression and bondage and then there is a spiritual oppression and bondage my friend. One can be as bad as the other or just as emotional. Just "Be Still" my brother.

Shalom haveri!

Last edited by Brother Michael; 06-17-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Just "Be Still" my brother or sister.
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you: My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you.

"The dominant cord of peace and quietness resides within, reach for it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity