Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 AM

951 posts, read 1,054,553 times

Advertisements

I am afraid many have made this way too complicated. It is NOT some sci-fi horror movie subject and NOT some radically new technology never seen before. It is something that has existed for almost two millennia and it is something that people were once put to death for NOT having and will soon be put to death for NOT having once again just before the return of Jesus Christ.

I would like to quote from a response I made to a previous thread. Please be warned and take it to heart and take the appropriate action in your life to reject the mark of the beast if you currently have it:

The Mark of the Beast is Sunday-worship, Christmas, Easter, New Year's and other pagan holidays which originated in Rome and the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church has had put to death over 50,000,000 "heretics" for not following her doctrines and the mark of the Beast was enforced with a penalty of death often by torture. (I am a Sabbatarian and keep God's Seventh Day Sabbath and annual Sabbaths.)

This Mark of the Beast will soon be enforced by penalty of death once again as we get closer to the return of Jesus Christ.

God's Seventh Day Sabbath and annual Holy Days all listed in Leviticus 23 are not marks but signs. They are signs between God and His physical people the children of Israel and also spiritual Israel who have been called out of this present evil world and have been given and are led by God's Holy Spirit.

Reject Sunday-worship and keep God's Seventh Day Sabbath the true sign of being one of God's people.

Reject Christmas which is a pagan winter solstice celebration that actually celebrated the birth of Nimrod and keep God's annual Holy Days instead. (Christ was not born in the cold rainy season during the winter but some time around the late summer or early fall near the time of the Feast of Trumpets one of God's Annual Holy Sabbaths).

Reject also Easter (the actual name of a pagan goddess) and all the other pagan satanic substitutes that Rome and the Roman Catholic Church has forced on modern Christianity.

If you refuse the mark of the Beast this soon coming Roman Empire will deny you the right to make a living and will put some to death. So suffer now and reign with Christ later or enjoy the world now and participate in these ungodly pagan feasts and cry and mourn later when God intervenes and smashes this satanic system by sending His Son Jesus Christ to rule over this earth for a thousand years and beyond.

The choice is yours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,276 times
Amen. I am a seventh day Sabbath Keeper too.

Welcome brother.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 AM

Thank you for your kind words. They don't come my way very often.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:38 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,040,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I am afraid many have made this way too complicated. It is NOT some sci-fi horror movie subject and NOT some radically new technology never seen before. It is something that has existed for almost two millennia and it is something that people were once put to death for NOT having and will soon be put to death for NOT having once again just before the return of Jesus Christ.

I would like to quote from a response I made to a previous thread. Please be warned and take it to heart and take the appropriate action in your life to reject the mark of the beast if you currently have it:

The Mark of the Beast is Sunday-worship, Christmas, Easter, New Year's and other pagan holidays which originated in Rome and the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church has had put to death over 50,000,000 "heretics" for not following her doctrines and the mark of the Beast was enforced with a penalty of death often by torture. (I am a Sabbatarian and keep God's Seventh Day Sabbath and annual Sabbaths.)

This Mark of the Beast will soon be enforced by penalty of death once again as we get closer to the return of Jesus Christ.

God's Seventh Day Sabbath and annual Holy Days all listed in Leviticus 23 are not marks but signs. They are signs between God and His physical people the children of Israel and also spiritual Israel who have been called out of this present evil world and have been given and are led by God's Holy Spirit.

Reject Sunday-worship and keep God's Seventh Day Sabbath the true sign of being one of God's people.

Reject Christmas which is a pagan winter solstice celebration that actually celebrated the birth of Nimrod and keep God's annual Holy Days instead. (Christ was not born in the cold rainy season during the winter but some time around the late summer or early fall near the time of the Feast of Trumpets one of God's Annual Holy Sabbaths).

Reject also Easter (the actual name of a pagan goddess) and all the other pagan satanic substitutes that Rome and the Roman Catholic Church has forced on modern Christianity.

If you refuse the mark of the Beast this soon coming Roman Empire will deny you the right to make a living and will put some to death. So suffer now and reign with Christ later or enjoy the world now and participate in these ungodly pagan feasts and cry and mourn later when God intervenes and smashes this satanic system by sending His Son Jesus Christ to rule over this earth for a thousand years and beyond.

The choice is yours!
Do you also believe that Jesus was raised on the Sabbath Day?

Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Do you also believe that Jesus was raised on the Sabbath Day?
Yes, at the very end of the weekly Sabbath just before sunset, exactly 72 hours after He was put into the grave on the 4th day of the week just before sunset at which time began the First Day of Unleavened Bread -- one of God's annual Sabbaths.

This fulfilled the sign that He would be in the grave the same period of time that Jonah was in the belly of the great fish: 3 days and 3 nights.

Jonah 1:17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Modern Christianity teaches that Christ was crucified on Friday and resurrected on Sunday morning which is NOT three days and three nights.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,040,592 times
Quote:
Yes, at the very end of the weekly Sabbath just before sunset, exactly 72 hours after He was put into the grave on the 4th day of the week just before sunset at which time began the First Day of Unleavened Bread -- one of God's annual Sabbaths.

This fulfilled the sign that He would be in the grave the same period of time that Jonah was in the belly of the great fish: 3 days and 3 nights.

Jonah 1:17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Modern Christianity teaches that Christ was crucified on Friday and resurrected on Sunday morning which is NOT three days and three nights.
I used to be a seventh day sabbath adherent and believed that Jesus was raised on the Sabbath as well when I was a follower of Herbert Armstrong. That changed when I really studied this subject and found that Jesus did indeed raise on the first day of the week and that not only is the scriptures showing this but all the early Christian writers did as well. Additionally, the 8th baptism of the male children signified this 8th day (7 plus 1) = Sunday = 1st day of the week.

From the Epistle of Barnabas (found in the earliest Biblical manuscripts):

CHAPTER XV.--THE FALSE AND THE TRUE SABBATH.

Further, also, it is written concerning the Sabbath in the Decalogue which [the Lord] spoke, face to face, to Moses on Mount Sinai, "And sanctify ye the Sabbath of the Lord with clean hands and a pure heart." And He says in another place, "If my sons keep the Sabbath, then will I cause my mercy to rest upon them." The Sabbath is mentioned at the beginning of the creation [thus]: "And God made in six days the works of His hands, and made an end on the seventh day, and rested on it, and sanctified it." Attend, my children, to the meaning of this expression, "He finished in six days." This implieth that the Lord will finish all things in six thousand years, for a day is with Him a thousand years. And He Himself testifieth, saying, "Behold, to-day will be as a thousand years." Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. "And He rested on the seventh day." This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day. Moreover, He says, "Thou shalt sanctify it with pure hands and a pure heart." If, therefore, any one can now sanctify the day which God hath sanctified, except he is pure in heart in all things, we are deceived. Behold, therefore: certainly then one properly resting sanctifies it, when we ourselves, having received the promise, wickedness no longer existing, and all things having been made new by the Lord, shall be able to work righteousness. Then we shall be able to sanctify it, having been first sanctified ourselves. Further, He says to them, "Your new moons and your Sabbath I cannot endure." Ye perceive how He speaks: Your present Sabbaths are not acceptable to Me, but that is which I have made, [namely this,] when, giving rest to all things, I shall make a beginning of the eighth day, that is, a beginning of another world. Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead. And when He had manifested Himself, He ascended into the heavens.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I used to be a seventh day sabbath adherent and believed that Jesus was raised on the Sabbath as well when I was a follower of Herbert Armstrong.
I too am a former baptized member of the Worldwide Church of God and am trying to hold fast to all the doctrines we were once taught. There seem to be too few of us left these days. Many have changed the doctrines one way or another.

I better not get off topic...

Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,197,579 times
I believe scripture, in that it is representative of man(kind) - Rev 13:18.

It's something we all have, and only the cross can root it out.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,276 times
Quote:
Thank you for your kind words. They don't come my way very often.
I understand...believe me. It's alright though...suffering not only our flesh for the glory of God...but suffering the mocking and the ridicule and hate is all for the glory of God...and it is very nice to have your support here on this forum.

God Bless you brother in Christ Jesus, your sister in Christ Jesus > (I really like being able to say that)

Verna.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I understand...believe me. It's alright though...suffering not only our flesh for the glory of God...but suffering the mocking and the ridicule and hate is all for the glory of God...and it is very nice to have your support here on this forum.

God Bless you brother in Christ Jesus, your sister in Christ Jesus > (I really like being able to say that)

Verna.
I work for myself so I now have to get back to it...I stopped by several months ago...maybe one day I can retire and post as often as I would like...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity