Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM

951 posts, read 1,055,085 times

Advertisements

On the next new moon begins the 7th Month on God's Sacred Calendar -- 1st of Tishrei, 5773. This is known to the Jews as Rosh Hashana and is the first day of their civil year. To the group of Christians that I have been associated with it is called the Feast of Trumpets and it begins at sunset on 2012-09-16 and ends at sunset on the following day 2012-09-17.

This is one of the Holy Days of God and is listed in Leviticus 23.

Leviticus 23:
23 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

It pictures several things and it will be the most important event in the history of the world.

- The Return of Jesus Christ to this earth.
- The destruction of this world's military and political systems.
- The beginning of the rule of the Government of God over this earth.
- The beginning of the millennial rule of Jesus Christ.
- The First Resurrection of the saints who will rule with Christ.
- The beginning of the great spiritual fall harvest of human beings into the divine Family of God.
- The second exodus of the descendants of ancient Israel who scattered among the nations.
- Plus other things, I'm quite sure.

The Feast of Trumpets is the central pivotal Holy Day in God's Master Plan of Salvation. There are seven Holy Days and this is the fourth -- the middle one of the seven.

Yet, modern Christianity claims these Holy Days have been done away with. They have substituted ancient pagan days of Baal worship in the place of the Holy Days of God. They think they know better than God which days to observe and not to observe. There is more fulfilled prophecy and worship of the true Christ involved in just this one Holy Day -- the Feast of Trumpets -- than in all their pagan days of worship and adoration of Christ that are kept by the churches of this present evil world put together.

It is time this nation repents of all this pagan Baal worship and starts keeping the Holy Sabbath Days of God, especially these annual Holy Days that is the Master Plan of God for the Salvation of all mankind.

Each year true Christians go through and study each step of God's Master Plan and each of these Festivals, observances and Holy Days have deep meaning that you just will not find in the false pagan holidays of this world.

WAKE UP, AMERICA!! Our nation needs to keep the Feast of Trumpets and give proper respect and worship to the true Jesus Christ. We need to repent of all our sins and keep God's Commandments and keep His Seventh Day Sabbath and all of God's annual Holy Days! We need to keep all of God's Holy Days!

Again, I say, WAKE UP!! Return to God before it is TOO LATE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,156,522 times
Was yesterday day of atonement for you since its the 10th day of the 7th month? Because i know some Hebrews thats says the feast of Tabernacles starts this weekend coming up, had day of atonement yesterday and already had trumpets last Saturday 9/1, which is the 1rst day of the 7th month.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:10 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,546,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
On the next new moon begins the 7th Month on God's Sacred Calendar -- 1st of Tishrei, 5773. This is known to the Jews as Rosh Hashana and is the first day of their civil year. To the group of Christians that I have been associated with it is called the Feast of Trumpets and it begins at sunset on 2012-09-16 and ends at sunset on the following day 2012-09-17.

Leviticus 23:
24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

It pictures several things and it will be the most important event in the history of the world.

- The beginning of the great spiritual fall harvest of human beings into the divine Family of God.
- The second exodus of the descendants of ancient Israel who scattered among the nations.

The Feast of Trumpets is the central pivotal Holy Day in God's Master Plan of Salvation. There are seven Holy Days and this is the fourth -- the middle one of the seven.

Yet, modern Christianity claims these Holy Days have been done away with. They have substituted ancient pagan days of Baal worship in the place of the Holy Days of God. They think they know better than God which days to observe and not to observe. There is more fulfilled prophecy and worship of the true Christ involved in just this one Holy Day -- the Feast of Trumpets -- than in all their pagan days of worship and adoration of Christ that are kept by the churches of this present evil world put together.

It is time this nation repents of all this pagan Baal worship and starts keeping the Holy Sabbath Days of God, especially these annual Holy Days that is the Master Plan of God for the Salvation of all mankind.

Each year true Christians go through and study each step of God's Master Plan and each of these Festivals, observances and Holy Days have deep meaning that you just will not find in the false pagan holidays of this world.

WAKE UP, AMERICA!! Our nation needs to keep the Feast of Trumpets and give proper respect and worship to the true Jesus Christ. We need to repent of all our sins and keep God's Commandments and keep His Seventh Day Sabbath and all of God's annual Holy Days! We need to keep all of God's Holy Days!

I don't need to keep any day of feast. Jesus is the true feast. All Christians feed on Him and the meaning of those days, not the literal days.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM

18,256 posts, read 16,968,228 times
Quote:

Leviticus 23:

Don't grow old and gray waiting for the rapture like I did, tthttf.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 PM

The Feast of Trumpets pictures such great events and God commands that we really rejoice as it is written in the scriptures.

Nehemiah 8:
1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.
2 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.
3 And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.
5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people) ; and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
6 And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
9 And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
11 So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved.
12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

It would be great if one day this nation would truly keep the Feast of Trumpets and truly rejoice!

The following song, I could listen to this forever and ever. It pictures Christ coming to reign on this earth. Rejoice!!!

"With the Sound of Trumpets"
http://www.herbert-armstrong.org/Mus...20Trumpets.m3u

Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,384,476 times
Quote:

Leviticus 23:

Please don't sell everything you own like so many endtimes nuts have and nearly ruined their lives...please prepare for the possibility that you might be let down (much like a endtimes screamer who was on this forum earlier this year and after his claimed "big event" date passed, he posted "I give up")...please consider how insignificant your works are compared to God grace and what it means to be a gentile Christian (unless you actually have Jewish/Hebrew roots that is)...please stop claiming we are worshiping gods we don't give a second thought about through our goofy little traditions we have mostly for our kids...please keep reminding us to repent of our sins without all the hypothetical BS.....please?

Last edited by Jrhockney; 09-11-2012 at 10:11 PM..

Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM

18,256 posts, read 16,968,228 times
Ahh, I recall back in the late-60's when I, too was young and so passionate about the Jewish feasts, especially Rosh Hashana because it portended the rapture. It was a time of Hal Lindsey and LGPE and......

What happened to me?

Got old, I guess.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Was yesterday day of atonement for you since its the 10th day of the 7th month? Because i know some Hebrews thats says the feast of Tabernacles starts this weekend coming up, had day of atonement yesterday and already had trumpets last Saturday 9/1, which is the 1rst day of the 7th month.
Here is one of the many the Holy Day Calendar's posted on the internet:

Holydays

Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,156,522 times
Quote:
Here is one of the many the Holy Day Calendar's posted on the internet:

Holydays

There has been too much debate throughout history about the whole calendar and if the Jews themselves are even following the calendar correctly since there is still a s argument about the Sliver of the Moon vs Full Moon, vs Dark Moon as to when the new month truly starts. So i will just do as commanded in Romans 13 and obey the law of the land given by our government and our current calendar in the United States of America is what we have recognized by law for a couple hundred years now. If i move to Chinese or Israel i will follow there calendars there. As for now the calendar we have is just fine with me.

So enjoy your feast days and hopefully you will read your bible more and focus more on love and less on condemnation.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM

22,947 posts, read 28,346,880 times
Quote:

What will you do when none of this happens next month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity