Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:19 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Furthermore, as I have repeatedly said . . . it is impossible to love each other WITHOUT loving god...
Maybe, but you also wrote:

Quote:
IF we love each other . . . we automatically love God . . .
The two statements are not logically equivalent. And rather than acknowledge that the person whom you attacked was correct or otherwise communicate your uncertainty, you attempted to paint that person as inadequate or inferior to you.

That's the greatest evil here: you sought to harm another person's ability to achieve communion with God because that person challenged your right to the seat of honor. You did to him what was done to Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 12:40 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
The two statements are not logically equivalent.
And you neglect to point out the basis of this unsubstantiated assertion. Are we to assume you are an expert and not question it?
Quote:
And rather than acknowledge that the person whom you attacked was correct or otherwise communicate your uncertainty, you attempted to paint that person as inadequate or inferior to you.
I acknowledged that the way I phrased my post was inappropriate (which you conveniently ignored) to continue your off topic attacks on ME and not my arguments.
Quote:
That's the greatest evil here: you sought to harm another person's ability to achieve communion with God because that person challenged your right to the seat of honor. You did to him what was done to Jesus.
Disagree all you like . . . but Christ DID all that is necessary. It is self-professed psychics like you who claim knowledge of the intent of others that is the greater evil here . . . attempting to provoke animosity. Your comparison to the scourging and crucifixion of Jesus is beyond contempt and absurd.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
And you neglect to point out the basis of this unsubstantiated assertion. Are we to assume you are an expert and not question it? I acknowledged that the way I phrased my post was inappropriate (which you conveniently ignored) to continue your off topic attacks on ME and not my arguments. Disagree all you like . . . but Christ DID all that is necessary. It is self-professed psychics like you who claim knowledge of the intent of others that is the greater evil here . . . attempting to provoke animosity. Your comparison to the scourging and crucifixion of Jesus is beyond contempt and absurd.
What is apparent has to do with the thought process of an individual, who at the expense of another, desires to exalt himself.
Mystics, do not burden yourself with this nonsense.

Last edited by Jerwade; 10-28-2012 at 01:08 PM..

Old 10-28-2012, 01:15 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is apparent has to do with the thought process of an individual, who at the expense of another, desires to exalt himself.
Mystics, do not burden yourself with this nonsense.
Thank you for the reminder, my brother . . . you are right of course. God bless.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,928 times
Quote:
And you neglect to point out the basis of this unsubstantiated assertion. Are we to assume you are an expert and not question it?
My friend, this reveals your fundamental corruption: souls are not saved by a person who demands the seat of honor and seeks to be the arbitrator between the lost and God. Substantiation should be achieved by explanation, not a claim of authority.

I respect you as a creation of God just as I respect every person as a creation of God; I am no more or less than anyone. I respect your opinion because it reflects where you are in your relationship with God and because it gives me the opportunity to ponder in a new way my own relationship with God. But you are hurting people; you aren't helping flowers bloom; you're forcing flowers to accept your fertilizer without regard to whether or not it's the right kind of fertilizer for that soul.

Quote:
Your comparison to the scourging and crucifixion of Jesus is beyond contempt and absurd.
I wasn't comparing your behavior to Jesus being punished; I compared your reaction, hardened heart, to ideas that challenge your beliefs to the reactions of the Pharisees, etc. when Jesus presented different ideas to them.

With respect, Jesus did much more than get beat and killed.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 10-28-2012 at 02:07 PM..

Old 10-28-2012, 01:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Thank you for the reminder, my brother . . . you are right of course. God bless.
Automaticity is the ability to do something without thinking about it.
Unconsciously, when we love others; it is impossible, not to love God.

"You can only not love God, when you consciously do not love others."

Peace be with you, my friend.

Last edited by Jerwade; 10-28-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Is what Jesus did ENOUGH to save you or anyone else? YES or NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
How can it not be enough...the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf. We just have to prove ourselves worthy of it and we will recieve salvation in Gods love.
Is that really what Romans 5:18 and 19 say?

Did we have to prove ourselves worthy to be made sinners due to Adam's disobedience?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM

77 posts, read 74,702 times
One would think so, but if you're murdering and raping people, cursing and talking about God (in a bad way), constantly fornicating and not asking God forgiveness, (and actually trying to stop), etc.

Do you think that person will make it?

You can't just say 'well Jesus died for us, so I know I'm going to make it', because if you're thinking and/or saying this, then you really need to change that, before it's too late.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 PM

428 posts, read 331,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell93 View Post
One would think so, but if you're murdering and raping people, cursing and talking about God (in a bad way), constantly fornicating and not asking God forgiveness, (and actually trying to stop), etc.

Do you think that person will make it?

You can't just say 'well Jesus died for us, so I know I'm going to make it', because if you're thinking and/or saying this, then you really need to change that, before it's too late.
Hello from south of Bessemer!

No that person will not make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity