Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,548,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I currently attend a "Church of God" church and they seriously believe they are the one true church and that if your not baptized in it, your going to Hell. I know they are dead wrong but they are such nice people I don't know how I'm going to break it to them that I'm going to leave. I've established a connection with some of them that I normally avoid doing. It's going to be hard but eventually I will. This is just not the church for me.
You will never find a perfect church. Somethings you just have to ignore and let God do the correcting no matter how long it takes with the individual. The individual can be and is often much differant in beliefs then the denomination they affiliate with.

I go to several differant ones but don't believe all that anyone teaches. As for the denominational doctrine you talk of, I have not known of them to preach that in the past. I do know they do not believe you are babtised in the Spirit unless you speak in tonques, but that doctrine is plain hogwash. All who believe are babtised in the Spirit because the "Lord is the Spirit" and all do not manifest certain gifts as the Scripture says but all are babtised into Christ.

Are we talking of a differant Church of God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,941,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
My bible say's they were at a Marriage and the wine was for that occasion and not the Passover meal.
- Of Course your Right! I missed that I didn't put in the word NOT!

There Was NOT Wine at The Passover Meal of Moses. Which is what I meant. Thanks.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
My bible say's they were at a Marriage and the wine was for that occasion and not the Passover meal.
- Of course. I forgot to include the word NOT.

There was NOT Wine at The Passover Meal of Moses and the Israelites.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:23 AM

Sorry for the double. My connection to this forum is no working right.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 PM

- The tempory Pastor said a few weeks ago that...

"The Kingdom Of God Has Not Come Yet,
Because We Have Not Done What We Are spupose To."

Hmm, where is that in The Scriptures?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,238,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
What are the things that you know are false that your church teaches? When you hear your church teach it how do you just accept it without questioning the pastor and try to correct him/her?

If you dont believe in....tithing. what is your reaction when your pastor says you better tithe?

or if you do believe in it and the pastor says not to tithe?

Do you just pick and choose what battles to fight?. No church is perfect, so you know and must admit that your church teaches some things that are lies. What do you consider the lies that your church teaches. And how can you sit there?

When i use to go to church, i did not agree with tithing. I would question the other people, but they just decided that if the pastor teaches it, then they must believe it.
They also had people rolling on the floor. I would be amazed how many people did such a thing. I know it was not biblical, but i just sat there like a fool, and sad for these people at the same time.
I am not perfect, and i am sure i have alot of learning to do. But i could no longer stand it when there would be christians who have been in the faith for many years, but could not answer simple questions.
My church has no lies.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,435,372 times
MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL PEOPLE, but you have turned it into a PALACE OF THIEVES stealing from the POOR IN SPIRIT.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 AM

522 posts, read 624,042 times
I don't want to say I think anything about Catholicism is a lie, but I'll hesitantly admit I think some of the economic ideas I've heard as "Catholic Social Teaching" sound pretty unrealistic to me or unlikely to work in practice. I don't think they're bad, I think they're well-intentioned, but I just think they kind of represent an ideal more than something real. (Yeah it would be good if there was no poverty and the minimum wage was so high no one was deprived of what they need, in theory, I just don't think in practice it would work. You'd either have to give the state way too much power or you'd end up with massive unemployment because some jobs might not even be worth a "living wage.") Also I think labor unions are too adversarial and I would prefer co-operatively owned businesses to them, but the Church tends to be pro-Union. Although I do agree with the idea that our morals extend to the business world and you shouldn't mistreat people or knowingly allow your workers to suffer needlessly and so forth.

I've tried to deal with this as not being part of the faith as such, but there are some who make a good case that "yes it is." So I'm trying to find a way to reconcile myself to it in some way now that, in the last few years, my faith has increased in importance to me. (For several years after my near-fatal accident I bordered on being "This is nice and all, but I don't know if I even believe in God" kind of person. So didn't worry about specifics as much) Curiously this attempt to reconcile it is causing some problems with my relatives who pretty much remained ever faithful as they tend to be economically Right-leaning.

Last edited by TAJR; 04-12-2013 at 01:01 AM..

Old 04-12-2013, 07:11 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,470,606 times
Maybe intentional lies is too harsh. Maybe there are unknown lies being taught.
then of course there are pastors that avoid certain topics because it goes against their particular denomination.
I dont think there are many pastors who wake up ready to lie. It is like if i say that the weather in china right now is 76 degrees. I dont know if its true, i am just saying this because that is what i heard. If it is 77 degrees, i am not lying intentionally. but if i know its 77 and just say it is 76 then i just lied. a little lie, but a lie nonetheless.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,959,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My church has no lies.
No doctrines that are worked out by reason from scripture with no contradictions, as opposed to specific statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity