Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

Today was such so beautiful, clear and sunny and only in the low 70's..It felt so wonderful after the months of heat and drought, and airconditioning. I felt so energized, that the windows were raised to let clean fresh air through the house. Floors were mopped and clothes hung on the line to blow in the clean fresh air. I paused in the busy day and surveyed the almost cloudless sky. God has given me a gift this day I thought, and He would have me enjoy it. My house sets among several others in a rural area, surrounded by beautiful mountains..It is my home. It is my "Gods country".I walked up the hill behind our house and across an old abandoned trail of some sort and entered the woods. The leaves underfoot and the birds overhead were the only sounds. I was not alone, the Lord was with me, I felt his peace and his presence in my solitude. I sat on my favorite rock, where I could look down upon my home and told my Lord how grateful I was for all the blessings he has given me all these years, for my home, my family and my health. He thanked me by sending a beautiful butterfly to light on my knee and tarry a moment before flying off again..I love my walks and moments alone with God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:56 PM

329 posts, read 1,443,188 times
Praise God! Thank-you for sharing your glorious day with us.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 PM

218 posts, read 606,475 times
Oh Blue, you are so true. If only I knew more like you. You are joy.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
That was so awesome Blue! I can't tell you how much it meant to just sit here and read what you wrote! You left such a vivid picture in my head!

All we have here is sand and more sand. We don't have the trees you speak of, sheesh, we really don't have butterflies to speak of either. But, we do have some of the most beautiful mountains you will ever see. Most places, all you see are the tree covered mountains (don't get me wrong! I would LOVE to see those trees ), but here, you get to see the actual beauty of each and every contour of the mountains. The mountains are really the ONLY good thing I have to brag about here. Everything else is pretty much BLAH!

Thank you for sharing your day of God's wondrous beauty! And may you have many more of those days!

Last edited by kawgpz550; 10-10-2007 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-10-2007, 08:57 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,579,709 times
That was very descriptive Blue. You are so blessed in the place that you live in that you can have that inner peace with the Lord and that you feel His presence.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Oh what a wonderful insight into your day! Isn't it great when we get these type days and share them with our Lord?

Thank you for allowing us a glimpse of your faith, your walk in Christ and your heart.

must spread the love before giving to blue again.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Smile Very picturesque.

Beautiful post, blue. Quite a blessing indeed!

Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 PM

292 posts, read 934,302 times
Smile Beautiful!

A reminder we all have similar things to be thankful for! I had a great lunch hour today! It is a bit brisk today so we had our wood stove burning away! Smells so wonderful throughout our neighborhood when we burn wood! I just felt the presence of the Lord as I went about my chores and enjoyed just being home in our old shack.
Thank you for sharing with us all. You are blessed!

Jean

Old 10-11-2007, 02:15 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Thanks for posting your daily experience,Jean. The smell of wood smoke always takes me back many years when as a my mom cooked on a wood stove. Sometimes during the business androutine of an ordinary day, we lose sight of the little blessings that are so soothing to our souls I hope some of the others will post their little daily blessing too..

Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM

14,887 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Thank you for sharing this special time with God, blue. It sounds very serene and healing. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity