Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 04:04 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,747 times

Advertisements

Here is a very haunting and melancholy song that in a way pictures our coming nuclear winter and the destruction of our nation. I haven't listened to this song for many years and when I listened to it, I noticed the prophetic images it brought and the melancholy delivery by the singer was perfect for what is about to happen to our nation.

Now, I have made posts in the past warning about nuclear destruction of our nation for not observing God's Sabbaths and annual Holy Days and Festivals. Maybe this will make the point that I wasn't able to...

Carpenters - Crescent Noon - YouTube

Notice the words "green Septembers burn away" = burned by nuclear weapons destroying our major cities and a nuclear winter descending on what's left of our land. Probably a "fading crescent" would be more appropriate than "falling crescent" since a nuclear winter would obscure the moon and stars.

"crescent noon" = determining new moons that are used to determine God's Holy Days involve determining the conjunction of moon with sun. Our nation does not keep God's Holy Days and yet our very salvation is tied to the keeping of these days:

"Our drifting lives are bound to a falling crescent noon."

The lives of all the people cut off from the True God that have drifted into this "fairy-tale forest" of paganism and forgetting the True God and that His Holy Days are based on lunar months.

For those who don't like this music, you will discover the facts about our coming destruction that are even more sobering than this haunting melody in this booklet:

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...df/britain.pdf

Last edited by tthttf; 11-04-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 10:36 AM

37,453 posts, read 61,373,044 times
Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The word "is" was inserted by translators which distorts the true meaning.

Paraphrasing to show the real meaning:

"Only let the Body of Christ judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days, which picture future things and events that will come."

For you see Paul kept God's Holy Days, in fact the New Testament Church began on the annual Sabbath called Pentecost.

Act 20:
16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Paul, Christ and the early apostles kept God's Holy Sabbaths, both weekly and annual and we are to follow in Christ's steps and do the same. These pagan influenced Gentile days -- Sunday-worship, Christmas, Easter are not from or commanded by God in His Holy Word the Bible.

Concerning the Sabbath vs Sunday one Catholic writer wrote this:

"Is not every Christian obliged to sanctify Sunday and to abstain on that day from unnecessary servile work? Is not the observance of this law among the most prominent of our sacred duties? But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 edition), p. 72-73 (16th Edition, p 111; 88th Edition, p. 89).

Catholic Confessions

Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM

428 posts, read 330,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

That's the pure Word of God. How can anyone argue with God and His Word? But I bet someone does.
Or has since the OP is on my ignore list I have no idea what he has posted.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:35 AM

Our drifting lives are bound to the Holy Days of God.

For this year, the Feast of Trumpets has passed and next is the Day of Atonement which falls on the Seventh Day Sabbath of this very week.

Forgive my insistence that this nation be warned of our impending doom for keeping pagan days instead of God's Holy Days but I believe our nation will be destroyed for our error. We have been warned and yet we keep turning our backs on God and His Days (Leviticus 23). These days are not just for the Jews but for all mankind. Read the scriptures and you will see these are GOD'S DAYS. Christ and the early apostles lives were bound to these days and they kept them.

And our drifting lives are bound to these Holy Days and we are about to learn that our very existence is bound to them as well when those nukes start to hit and forever change all of our lives.

Thank you for your time,

tthttf (Turn the Hearts to the Father(s))

Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
I feel badly for people who spend their time anticipating the worst.

While they're busy glooming and dooming, all that is good and positive in life escapes their notice.

The bible has really screwed with a lot of people's minds.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM

Don't feel too badly. Ezekiel 9.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:49 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,136,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Our drifting lives are bound to the Holy Days of God.

For this year, the Feast of Trumpets has passed and next is the Day of Atonement which falls on the Seventh Day Sabbath of this very week.

Forgive my insistence that this nation be warned of our impending doom for keeping pagan days instead of God's Holy Days but I believe our nation will be destroyed for our error. We have been warned and yet we keep turning our backs on God and His Days (Leviticus 23). These days are not just for the Jews but for all mankind. Read the scriptures and you will see these are GOD'S DAYS. Christ and the early apostles lives were bound to these days and they kept them.

And our drifting lives are bound to these Holy Days and we are about to learn that our very existence is bound to them as well when those nukes start to hit and forever change all of our lives.

Thank you for your time,

tthttf (Turn the Hearts to the Father(s))
I wouldnt trust the Jewish calender if i were you. There is no such thing as a sliver of a moon any where in the bible to determine the new month. Many I know will be finishing the Feast of Tabernacles tomorrow since they start the new month on a Full moon, not the sliver of a moon that the Jews have been going by for the longest, yet isnt supported anywhere in the bible.

But you are correct the Feast Days are better than the man made holidays, since if you take God out of the Feast days you have nothing and if you take God out of man made holiday, you have the same worldly materialistic day that Xmas has become.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:52 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2_%28by%29.jpg

The Hebrew new moon is a calculated new moon.

There are rules to determine when the day to be designated as new moon will actually be observed.

But still, the Jews are responsible for keeping of the scriptures -- oracles of God.

ROMANS 3
Ver 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Ver 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

I keep the most of the days found Leviticus 23) as the Jews do (except I count 50 days for Pentecost differently than they currently do. One of the earlier Jewish sects counted from the day after the weekly Sabbath that fell during the days of Unleavened Bread which I do as well.)

But still the new (crescent) moons are the key to knowing when to keep God's Holy Days.

Christ and early apostles lives were bound to keeping God's Holy Days and yes, our own drifting lives are bound to these crescent moons and Holy Days even if we try to deny it.

When Christ returns to this earth, He is not going to enforce the keeping of the pagan holidays that modern Christianity has embraced today but rather God's Holy Days as the scriptures indicate in Zechariah 14 that all nations will be forced to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

tthttf

Last edited by tthttf; 09-29-2014 at 08:04 PM..

Old 10-02-2014, 09:15 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,136,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2_%28by%29.jpg

The Hebrew new moon is a calculated new moon.

There are rules to determine when the day to be designated as new moon will actually be observed.

But still, the Jews are responsible for keeping of the scriptures -- oracles of God.

ROMANS 3
Ver 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Ver 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

I keep the most of the days found Leviticus 23) as the Jews do (except I count 50 days for Pentecost differently than they currently do. One of the earlier Jewish sects counted from the day after the weekly Sabbath that fell during the days of Unleavened Bread which I do as well.)

But still the new (crescent) moons are the key to knowing when to keep God's Holy Days.

Christ and early apostles lives were bound to keeping God's Holy Days and yes, our own drifting lives are bound to these crescent moons and Holy Days even if we try to deny it.

When Christ returns to this earth, He is not going to enforce the keeping of the pagan holidays that modern Christianity has embraced today but rather God's Holy Days as the scriptures indicate in Zechariah 14 that all nations will be forced to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

tthttf
Zechariah 14:16-21 (NKJV)

The Nations Worship the King

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
20 In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the Lord of hosts.[a] Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

A few questions to consider:

Verse 17: After the second coming, will there be people on the earth who refuse to worship God or who fail to worship Him at certain required times?
Verse 18: After the second coming, will there be a literal nation of Egypt?
Verse 18: After the second coming, will there still be heathen on the earth?
Verse 21: After the second coming, will people offer sacrifices to God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity