Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,760 times

Advertisements

Revelation 9: 18, the Third Part of Men Will Be Killed - and the Dialectic

In Genesis 3: 1-7 Satan got Eve to dialogue with him and in that process he used the dialectic on her to lead her out of her faith in God, and out of her obedience to God. For God made man in his image (Genesis 1:27), which means that man was to be of three parts, like God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Man was to be body, mind and spirit. Yet man had to be in relationship with God in order for his spirit to develop. Satan deceived Eve into dialoging with him and in doing so she and Adam lost that close, face to face relationship with God.

But in Genesis 3: 8-13 God again talked directly with them.
"And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
9. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10. And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12. And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."

Then in Matthew 4: 1-11, Satan tried to use the same dialectic on Jesus Christ that he used successfully on Eve in the Garden. But each time Satan tried to move Christ away from his obedience to the Father and from his faith, Christ answered the devil with scripture, "it is written." Satan's dialectic did not work on Christ and in verse 11, "Then the devil leaveth him..." Satan gave up trying to move Christ off his position by dialogue, by the dialectic.

What the devil has wanted to do to man is to diminish and then destroy his spirit, the third part of man. The devil is willing to allow man to keep his two parts, his body and his mind, but not his spirit. Man having spirit from God is a threat to the fallen angels, and they became jealous of man with a spirit from God. Remember that man has to be in relationship with God in order for God to develop man's spirit. Man's body and mind, can seemingly - to man - exist independently of a relationship with God. But - in having a relationship with God, man must also have a love for the truth that God gives to man as doctrines. Man cannot make up his own doctrines and still be in relationship with God.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but if of the world." I John 2: 16
"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22.Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:" Mark 7: 21-22
The activities of the flesh of man, his body and his mind, include pride, which in psychology, is self-esteem.

Again, the goal of Satan is to destroy man's spirit, which survives man's body and mind, both being flesh. And remember that Satan and his fallen angels have been pitched out of heaven, while man, if his spirit is developed in relationship with God, inherits the kingdom of God.
And with this in mind lets look at Revelation 9: 13, 18-19, "And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God...By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
19. For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt."

The literalist "hermeneutic" - from the pagan god Hermes - of Christian Zionism helps to lead most Christians to see the "third part of men killed" as one third of mankind being killed by these demons described here, or by their human minions. But if we see that God made man to be of three parts, like God, then the third part of man being killed would be one part of man. Guess which part of man Satan and his demons want to kill?

Christ says in Matthew 10: 28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
Destroy is from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Number 622, apollumi, to perish, or lose, literally or figuratively..."

But in Matthew 25: 41 Christ says "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"
So to destroy that part of man which is eternal or to kill it does not mean to annihilate the soul or spirit of man. It means something else.

Hebrews 2: 14 says "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

God as sovereign allowed Satan to have the power of death, and spiritual death is meant in Hebrews 2: 14.

I Peter 5: 8 says "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" To be devoured by the devil means to lose your eternal life with Christ.

Revelation 9: 18, "By these three were the third part of men..." apokteino, put to death, interpreted by use of Matthew 10: 28. Hebrews 2: 14 and I Peter 5: 8, would mean that Satan, through his demonic and human minions called serpents there, causes men to lose eternal live with Jesus Christ. It does not say how many men lose their eternal life in Christ through this end time movement of Satan.

Death is spiritual death in Scripture, and Hell is a place. The use of
Death and Hell, with Death usually coming before Hell, (except in
Revelation 1; 18) in Scripture almost suggests that Death and Hell are
being used as personifications. As persons might be thrown into the
lake of fire.

Death and Hell (Revelation 20: 14) are cast into the lake of fire, along with the False Prophet, (Revelation 20: 10) representing many false prophets.

Isaiah 28: 15 says "We have made a covenant with Death, and
with Hell are we in agreement."

Revelation 6: 8 tells us "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Christ in Revelation 1; 18 says "I am he that liveth, and was dead;
and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell
and of death."
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity