Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM

14,900 posts, read 17,191,188 times

Advertisements

Judgment humbles and breaks down everything that people had confidence and faith in so that ―all the nations shall come and worship before You, for Your judgments have been manifested‖ (Re. 15:4).

Judgment is that which corrects and straightens out. If we are proud and idolatrous then we need to be corrected. Nebuchadnezzar experienced this painful process, but the end result was for his good. Those who experience the ―resurrection of judging‖ (krisis) will go through a judging process that is ultimately for their good as well." G. Beauchemim

God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 AM

In his statement to Timothy, Paul gives us the key to the seeming delay in the blessing of the whole race with the life-giving streams of that precious fountain flowing from Immanuel's veins. He says that Christ "gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

In I Jn. 2:2 the apostle John makes it clear that "Christ is the propitiation (satisfaction) for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. " Thus it is plain to all who have eyes to see that the application of the merit of Christ's sacrifice on behalf of sin is to be made in two seperate parts- first for "ours;" that is, for the members of Christ's own body; and then, later, in due time "for the sins of the whole world."
[LEFT]Surely these are simple words that even a child can understand! I do not hesitate to emphasize the blessed truth that during this Church age the merit of Christ's atonement is being applied only on behalf of the members of Christ's body, the Church, which is the firstfruits of the result of that all-inclusive sacrifice. P. Eby

God bless and peace.[/LEFT]

Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,025,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
In his statement to Timothy, Paul gives us the key to the seeming delay in the blessing of the whole race with the life-giving streams of that precious fountain flowing from Immanuel's veins. He says that Christ "gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

In I Jn. 2:2 the apostle John makes it clear that "Christ is the propitiation (satisfaction) for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. " Thus it is plain to all who have eyes to see that the application of the merit of Christ's sacrifice on behalf of sin is to be made in two seperate parts- first for "ours;" that is, for the members of Christ's own body; and then, later, in due time "for the sins of the whole world."
[LEFT]Surely these are simple words that even a child can understand! I do not hesitate to emphasize the blessed truth that during this Church age the merit of Christ's atonement is being applied only on behalf of the members of Christ's body, the Church, which is the firstfruits of the result of that all-inclusive sacrifice. P. Eby

God bless and peace.[/LEFT]
Excellent post, ShanaBrown. We might as well rest in Him. I like resting in Christ. It was such a burden when I was unable to rest in Christ. No wonder Jesus said "come unto me ALL YE who LABOR and are HEAVY LADEN (carrying a heavy load) and I will GIVE YOU REST" Also Jesus said "MY yoke is EASY and MY BURDEN (load) is light." I love his words and promises. He is a truly wonderful savior.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Amen, Heartsong, He gives us the only true rest. I remember those days of being unable to rest too. God bless and peace.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 AM

987 posts, read 1,120,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes. Fortunately, as regards the great salvation, it appears all will look at it, and see it eventually: "And all flesh shall see the salvation of God." Luke 3:6

hugs Pleroo.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Why try to make sense of the Old Testament, really? It is full of crazy stuff. Who cares?
I love the Old Testament. Do I understand all of it, emphatically no. But if you want to get excited about the law and the Psalms and other messages there, go to Steven Jones website. He has so much great stuff and makes the OT really exciting, giving it to relevance to us today. As with any commentator, I personally don't agree with everything he says, yet it has opened up a lot to me.

God's Kingdom Ministry - Serious Bible Study is his website. His writings on the three feasts of Israel, the meaning of Jubilee, they are very informative.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Yes, they are, I love reading his studies and hope to do more research on his topics this summer. God bless and peace.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 AM

ScarletWren, are you familiar with the studies of Brian Huie, I read some a long time ago and lost the link but found it again today. He also goes into the OT a lot. I am not that familiar with him though.

Kingdom of God - Three Feasts & A Parable - Here a little, there a little - Prophecy

God bless and peace.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Notice Luke didn't say that all mankind would be saved. Nor did Isaiah, whom Luke quoted.

Why did Jesus compare himself to the serpent that is lifted up? John 3:14-15.

I'm preaching on it tomorrow.

John 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
The serpent represents sin in this case; very subtle and venomous. It is written Jesus bore our insulting sin in His body by being judged as a sinner yet He never sinned. He returns mercy for being falsely judged. He bears our sin through the love of mercy and when we see that, we shall be transformed.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM

God did not allow Moses to enter the promised land with Israel. It was given to Joshua to lead the Israelites across the Jordan into Canaan. Yet Moses is pictured with Elijah at the vision of the transfiguration on the mount. Hebrews lists many Old Testament 'saints' who died not having received the promises yet they are not condemned to an eternal place of torment/suffering.

Death/dying is no barrier to entering into the Kingdom of God. Paul said we are not saved by the Law, the Law was given to condemn us. Even looking at the serpent on the pole was a form of law, and later on that same serpent became an idol that had to be destroyed. Thank you, Father, for sending Christ to save us by the Spirit. Having begun by the spirit, do we continue by the Law? The law was not done away with, but we are made dead to the Law so it can no longer condemn us. God will write the law upon our heart and all will have the ability to walk in His statutes, while feeling the marvelous freedom that we have in Christ.

What an awesome God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity