Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you believed he did you would quote him. the reason you wont find Paul preaching/teaching eternal hell,eternal torment or any other form of eternal seperation from God,is he believed God is who He says He is........... The Savior of all men.oink oink !!!!
Not so fast. See 2 Thess. 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Not so fast. See 2 Thess. 1.
who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength

Nothing eternal there .

Do you not think that if eternal torment was remotely true and believed by Paul, he would have at least touched upon it, and the message preached by numerous followers of the way as recorded in the book of Acts, would have included it too ? Come on be reasonable .

Old 01-05-2013, 12:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
If you believed he did you would quote him. the reason you wont find Paul preaching/teaching eternal hell,eternal torment or any other form of eternal seperation from God,is he believed God is who He says He is........... The Savior of all men.oink oink !!!!
Prophetic by Peter isn't ... a self fulfilling prophecy
His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
An what is their fate ? Look at the map
1 Corinthians 6:9

Galatians 5:21

Galatians 1:8-9

2 Thessalonians 2:12

the wrath of God ..... Look at the map
Romans 1:18

Romans 2:5

Ephesians 5:6

Colossians 3:6

1 Thessalonians 2:16

You can come to your senses or remain eating the pods of pigs that Satan has you believing.

added:

I've read your response to jimmiej ... and figured that was going to be your fall back gotcha.
God has a pov of such:
  • he is conceited and understands nothing
  • He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words
It is people like yourself pcamps, that God says "who have been robbed of the truth" 1 Timothy 6:3-5

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-05-2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Prophetic by Peter isn't ... a self fulfilling prophecy
His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
An what is their fate ? Look at the map
1 Corinthians 6:9

Galatians 5:21

Galatians 1:8-9

2 Thessalonians 2:12

the wrath of God ..... Look at the map
Romans 1:18

Romans 2:5

Ephesians 5:6

Colossians 3:6

1 Thessalonians 2:16

You can come to your senses or remain eating the pods of pigs that Satan has you believing.
You are clutching at straws,and should be ashamed of yourself . Without looking I know not one of the verses you are quoting speaks of eternal torment, eternal hell or any other form of eternal separation from God.

You Fundies are the ones attacking the scriptures and trying to rewrite what the scripture says. No wonder we have so many poorly translated versions of the scriptures.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
You are clutching at straws,and should be ashamed of yourself . Without looking I know not one of the verses you are quoting speaks of eternal torment, eternal hell or any other form of eternal separation from God.

You Fundies are the ones attacking the scriptures and trying to rewrite what the scripture says. No wonder we have so many poorly translated versions of the scriptures.
Not surprising of your not looking... that is why it wasn't worth putting the pearls out.
It is people like yourself pcamps, that God says "who have been robbed of the truth" 1 Timothy 6:3-5

Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Not surprising of your not looking... that is why it wasn't worth putting the pearls out.
Do you think after reading sciptures for over 20 odd years I cannot recall bible verses. I did the whole memory verse thing when I was under the wing of the evangelicals.

You know very well none of those scriptures mention eternal hell, eternal torment or any other form of eternal separation from God. It's odd that you said you wouldn't quote them,because you thought it would be casting pearls before the swine, and then when you changed your mind about casting pearls, instead of being up front with the scriptures you wrongly think are speaking of eternal hell, you just quote the chapter and verse number.

There is no eternal hell, its all in your mind, a mind that is not at peace with God.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Do you think after reading sciptures for over 20 odd years I cannot recall bible verses. I did the whole memory verse thing when I was under the wing of the evangelicals.

You know very well none of those scriptures mention eternal hell, eternal torment or any other form of eternal separation from God. It's odd that you said you wouldn't quote them,because you thought it would be casting pearls before the swine, and then when you changed your mind about casting pearls, instead of being up front with the scriptures you wrongly think are speaking of eternal hell, you just quote the chapter and verse number.

There is no eternal hell, its all in your mind, a mind that is not at peace with God.
I am fully aware of your games, your insincerity ... your continual attacks on the truth.
I only changed my mind to bring to light for others to see the hypocrisy that is behind your being here and to read for themselves your pov in contrast what the Truth says found in the Bible.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I am fully aware of your games, your insincerity ... your continual attacks on the truth.
I only changed my mind to bring to light for others to see the hypocrisy that is behind your being here and to read for themselves your pov in contrast what the Truth says found in the Bible.
You mean you knew there was no scriptures off the top of your head in the book of Acts or in the epistles of Paul that mention eternal hell,eternal separation or any other form of eternal separation from God so you threw out the " casting pearls before the swine ". You have to say what you do about me, because I expose that which contradicts. You are not defending scripture it doesn't need defending, you are defending your interpretation of it,an interpretation born out of fear. There's no good news in your message, its one of Fleeing what you think is coming,instead of one that is entering into Life, the abundant Life that he came that by faith we may live by in the here and now.

The fact that you have to interpret the scriptures you finally quoted as speaking of eternal hell,eternal separation or any other form of separation of God speaks volumes of where you are coming from. Any reasonable minded person can see that what you are seeing in them is not there.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I think it's you who should be ashamed of them self. Who are you to tell people what they should and shouldn't believe? Your opinions are yours alone. Sorry but you are a perfect example when threads go bad. You can't have a civil discussion with someone without telling them they should be ashamed? Right back atcha! Shame on you!
Hereonars would you be so kind to show from the following scriptures Twinspin quoted where Paul is referring to eternal hell, or are you like him seeing something in them that is not there ?

Ps don't be mad because I reject the vile belief of God eternally tormenting folk.

9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[a]

who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength

Old 01-05-2013, 02:46 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:

Nothing eternal there .

Do you not think that if eternal torment was remotely true and believed by Paul, he would have at least touched upon it, and the message preached by numerous followers of the way as recorded in the book of Acts, would have included it too ? Come on be reasonable .
2 Thess. 1

5 This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— 6 since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from[b] the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 11 To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, 12 so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity