Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times

Advertisements

I have watched both of their Truth vs Tradition videos in which they bashed just about anything that isn’t a biblical Holy day especially Xmas and Easter. These guys are big with the Hebrew roots movements, and while they are correct Christianity has lost a lot its original Hebrew roots, I don’t agree with the Matt 5:17 style of living of trying to live the exact way people did 2-3000 yrs ago either. They go on about how the church now does traditions taught by man and sets aside the commandments of God.

Here are 3 different examples where the disciples, told the believers to follow the traditions they have been taught, which brings me to why is it okay for the 1rst century church to follow the examples of the disciples, but todays church gets a bad reputation for doing what has been passed down to them from the churches over the ages, granted the 1rst century churches didnt have the RCC around to abuse the scriptures either.

1 Corinthians 11:1-2
New King James Version (NKJV)
1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-16
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,

2 Thessalonians 3:6-9
6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he[a] received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; 8 nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, 9 not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 12:25 PM

376 posts, read 419,880 times
Saan,

The traditions mentioned in the verses are commanded by in the OT.
Current church is immensely Hellenized. Even the design of the church building has much pagan roots.
That are the traditions of man.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
i think the tradition of apostles were more about trying to live like them, in meekness and humbleness. it is true what WW says, every christian church has paganism within it. am i saying the people are all pagans? NO!!!, but many traditions came from pagan roots, simple things that we over look within a church building.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
I don`t believe there is any offense in Heaven for Christmas and Easter, and Thanksgiving Holy days as many in the legalistic churches believe that God is out raged on these or something .... I believe God is put off by the logic against faith in His Word, which can attract demons against His purpose ...As these can put curses of witchcraft of His people and people trying to become Believers .... Then there is churches who teach to hate other Christians and people in the world and build strange doctrines of condemnation and judgmental ideas which do not come from God and people who engage will not alway be in the will of God.......Believers need to know God and His character and be more whole in the vision of Heaven , as people should go to Jesus and ask Him of His offenses instead of Judging the Judge of Life and doing it wrong...

Old 01-04-2013, 08:04 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i think the tradition of apostles were more about trying to live like them, in meekness and humbleness. it is true what WW says, every christian church has paganism within it. am i saying the people are all pagans? NO!!!, but many traditions came from pagan roots, simple things that we over look within a church building.

I do agree there are alot of ancient Pagan symbols still on churches (not Intentionally though), guys like these 2 mentioned originally can at times suck many believers into there beliefs any anyone not strong in there faith can buy what ever theses guys teach very easily.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have watched both of their Truth vs Tradition videos in which they bashed just about anything that isn’t a biblical Holy day especially Xmas and Easter. These guys are big with the Hebrew roots movements, and while they are correct Christianity has lost a lot its original Hebrew roots, I don’t agree with the Matt 5:17 style of living of trying to live the exact way people did 2-3000 yrs ago either. They go on about how the church now does traditions taught by man and sets aside the commandments of God.

Here are 3 different examples where the disciples, told the believers to follow the traditions they have been taught, which brings me to why is it okay for the 1rst century church to follow the examples of the disciples, but todays church gets a bad reputation for doing what has been passed down to them from the churches over the ages, granted the 1rst century churches didnt have the RCC around to abuse the scriptures either.

1 Corinthians 11:1-2
New King James Version (NKJV)
1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-16
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,

2 Thessalonians 3:6-9
6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he[a] received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; 8 nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, 9 not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
What do you think were the traditions they were taught, since the church started off as a sect of Judaism?...

Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
most people hunger for more, they want to have the new idea, but God is not doing nothing new. It is true that many churches teach members that they have a special door to God if they do certain things and dont do others. Jesus is still the only way, what he did was enough. But certain preachers want to add to it and take others along for the ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity