Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,378,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes I agree with that, but God tempts no one. Or do you believe God sends the devil this entity outside of us to tempt us ?.
Yes.

Although I agree that he (devil) can be both outside us and inside us. I don't think there are material limits for spirits, except as what God defines.

Peace!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM

14,905 posts, read 17,212,127 times
Quote:
My wife and I married less than a month after we met, and we're coming up on 17 years, with two wonderful children.

Our partnership is one of equality. We make major decisions together, with generally equal input. Neither of us "leads" each other or the household.

What we've found is that each of us has strengths in certain areas and each of us has issues that are of greater importance to ourselves than to the other (for instance, I want the kids to keep their rooms clean; my wife isn't overly concerned about this, etc.)

So we have sort of each naturally risen up to take charge of or see after specific aspects of our marriage, home and family. We have mutual respect and consider ourselves equals. It works well for us.
Thank you for sharing, Griffis and thank you for your kind words. God bless and peace.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh::This is an excellent thread . . . but very frustrating for we who know Christ's Gospel is entirely about Love. You are witnessing valiantly, my friends . . . but the context of an "Omni" God willfully controlling every single little atom of our reality . . . despite willfully giving us Dominion . . . is too deeply embedded in their concept of God. Human vanity and hubris demands it . . . or it would not qualify as God for us egotistical creatures. The fact that prayer would NOT be necessary . . . would in fact be pointless if such were the case . . . seems to be ignored. The fact that we are told the kingdom of God is within us and like a seed that is planted and grows of its own accord . . . is likewise overlooked. Any and all contradictions that arise when trying to reconcile a God who IS Love with being the source of evil are ignored . . . as they extend the concept of evil to any and all negative outcomes . . . whether or not human Will was the cause. If human Will is not involved . . . there can be no evil . . . just negative outcomes. While it is frustrating, my friends . . . Love will triumph over evil and fill all hearts in God's good time.
Mystic,
Job wasn't so completely "controlled" as you suggest. Job wasn't forced to sin. His was a sin of spiritual pride that was brought about quite "freely."

Human effort or not, evil exists. It was part of the creation, even if we don't like it. It's here. God is ultimately responsabile. Yet He does not "do" evil to man; He establishes guidelines whereby satan may work, but all to the end that man is perfected.

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,947,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi .sparrow. The men that God handed Jesus over to, did the physical torturing and brutalization. The thing is. God still handed Him over for them to do it, just like it would be if I handed my child over to be tortured and brutalized, right? God bless and peace.
So are you saying that God (Who IS love) is responsible for torturing and brutalizing?
I'm trying to understand your view, sister.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Brian, I believe that believers are instructed to serve one another and so the husband should also serve his wife. It is done out of love for one another. I do believe that the husband is to be the leader in the home but not a tyrant or domineering. Jesus is the head of the church. God bless and peace.
Yes, I agree completely. I didn't hash out my thoughts as completely as I should have.

I think many women have suffered under the oppression of men (husbands, boyfriends, fathers..) and so they are more "sensitive" to the idea of the man as a "leader." In these cases, it is the fault of the men, as they were not able to show love as they should have.

God's "control" is totally different, I believe.

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM

.sparrow, look at it like this. If I have a child and I hand my child over to someone to be tortured and brutalized, would you say that I was also responsible? God is love and by His stripes we are healed. (1 Peter 2) God bless and peace.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Thank you, Brian. I wish that my dad had been a leader in my home, but there is a reason for things. God bless and peace.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,947,657 times
Quote:
.sparrow, look at it like this. If I have a child and I hand my child over to someone to be tortured and brutalized, would you say that I was also responsible? God is love and by His stripes we are healed. (1 Peter 2) God bless and peace.
So yes, you would be responsible. So I am taking this to mean that you believe God is also responsible.
Ok, now that we have established that... how can you not see that what you are also saying is that God (Love) brutalized Jesus?

I believe God IS responsible in the sense that He created the world. He is responsible for bringing us into existence and all that entails. But God did not brutalize Jesus. God (who IS Love) did not cause man to brutalize Jesus. It is the exact opposite. It was a LACK of God (LOVE) that caused Jesus to be brutalized.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
So yes, you would be responsible. So I am taking this to mean that you believe God is also responsible.
Ok, now that we have established that... how can you not see that what you are also saying is that God (Love) brutalized Jesus?
I do see that .sparrow. If He is handed Jesus to brutalized then He is also responsible for it. There are old Testament passages that reveal this.

Quote:
I believe God IS responsible in the sense that He created the world. He is responsible for bringing us into existence and all that entails. But God did not brutalize Jesus. God (who IS Love) did not cause man to brutalize Jesus. It is the exact opposite. It was a LACK of God (LOVE) that caused Jesus to be brutalized.
I believe that God handed Jesus over to be beaten and crucified for us. He loves us that much that He gave His only begotten so for us. This is love. By His stripes, we are healed. We benefit from what God did by handing His Son over to die for us. How is this not love, .sparrow? It is the ultimate act of love, giving over, that which is most precious to you, so that others will live. God bless and peace.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
God is not the cause of our suffering.

I have just been reading how Sara told Abram to go sleep with their maidservant so the maidservant would give her a child. It turned out that the maidservant conceived and then despised Sara. Sara then said to Abram "“You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering". Now take note you who believe God is the cause of suffering and behind evil. It was Sara that put Abram up to this, but she conveniently forgot this and blamed God, I hear you say "what do you mean blame God?",read on. This situation rose out of her own heart and she had forgotten this and blamed The Lord(Abram) if you have eyes to see.

Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord

We will never be free why we blame a God outside of for what we do not like in our lives. We will be bound by what we believe is outside of us, instead of triumphing over it by the Greater one within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity