Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times

Advertisements

ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

What world was "he" from? How do we avoid dieing in our sins? If we love but don't believe will we still die in our sins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

What world was "he" from? How do we avoid dieing in our sins? If we love but don't believe will we still die in our sins?
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

While we conform to the ways of the world we are from beneath. When we are renewed in our minds(become spiritually minded),we are from above.

God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Stop making up things and leading people into hell.

So you do not believe to have your mind renewed that you become spiritually minded( set your affections on things above),that your ways and thoughts become is ?. The great divide you believe in is not a literal heaven and hell, but the way a man thinks. For to be carnally minded(worldly,earthly, from below) is sin and death, to be spiritually minded(let the same mind that was in Christ Jesus be in you) is life and peace( a life above the worldly,earthly,that's below)

Well lets hear your interpretation of it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-16-2013 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Personal attack was deleted making your response orphaned

Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. What world was "he" from? How do we avoid dieing in our sins? If we love but don't believe will we still die in our sins?

Jesus basically meant at John 8:23-25), that he’s from Heaven which made him perfect. The Jews are from earth, they were born through imperfection , (Rom. 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). Because the first couple who WERE!, perfect sinned against Jehovah God ,they became imperfect, ( Gen. 3:1-6). Jesus didn’t die for his sins, because he didn’t sin when he lived as a human. It was just his time to return back to Heaven, since he did ALL he was sent to do ,(John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved).

And (Heb. 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God). When the Jews asked, ..”Who art thou?” , Jesus was basically saying, when I first said I was the son of God, I’m still saying it. We can TRY… to avoid dying by following Jesus words, NOT man. NOT trying to add or remove what Jesus was saying, in order to make it fit what we want, or want to believe. Following the world, (James 4:4 , 1John 2:15,16 , John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world), like honoring dead presidents). Hanging with those who refuse to follow Jesus and do HIS FATHER’S WILL ,(Matt. 7:21, John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). 1Cor. 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. And Exo. 23:1,2). peace

Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above

Jesus didn't say .... I am from within your heart
Jesus didn't say .... I am from your inner consciousness

Jesus said ...... I am from above

Was that literal?
are these any indication?
Luke 9:16
"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven,"

Mark 7:34
" He looked up
to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means, “Be opened!”)

Acts 1:10-11
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, ...
“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Acts 7:55
" But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God."

Rev 4:1
After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, "

Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above

Jesus didn't say .... I am from within your heart
Jesus didn't say .... I am from your inner consciousness

Jesus said ...... I am from above

Was that literal?
are these any indication?
Luke 9:16
"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven,"

Mark 7:34
" He looked up
to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means, “Be opened!”)

Acts 1:10-11
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, ...
“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Acts 7:55
" But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God."

Rev 4:1
After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, "

Twin God is not hidden from our eyes up in the skies.
to seek the Lord, if perhaps they did feel after Him and find, -- though, indeed, He is not far from each one of us, In him we live and move and have our being. Now no matter how you interpret that, you cannot deny that God s pretty close .

The angels actually said why are you looking up in to the heavens ? In other words in a little while by the awakening within you, you are going to know the true habitation of God, and the knowledge of this will cause you live out the God Life in this life.

The looking to heaven is nothing more than figurative.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Who knew Elijah is inside all of us.

And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. 11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:17 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,019 times
Quote:

From above means Jesus came from Heaven, He is the incarnation of God (Jn 1) this is a total other world, so to speak. The bible is clear, we are all sinners, even if someone tries to walk in love, to be a humanist. Sin is missing the mark, we are created by God to fulfill our plan. Without God everybody is a prey of the devil, because we have a corrupted DNA, we are already born in sin, that means nobody has to teach us or convince us to sin, it is already their from birth and the bible says the sins of our fathers follow us till the 3 and 4th generation. So all of us are in trouble. The offer of God is clear, who wants to live under His King Jeshua in the Kingdom of God were is righteousness for ever, has to be cleaned from sin, his DNA has to be changed, to be born from above meanes to receive a new heart, not of stone, but of love, so we can serve God. Every one has to make a decision whom he wants to serve, Jeshua or the devil, their is no middle-ground. Jesus is the truth or he was a liar, because He said, that He is the only way. You can ask God for an answer. If Jesus is true, believe in Him and follow Him. It is as easy as this. God is not complicated. Just seek and ask and knock. Pray to the God that made Heaven and earth. You can make no mistake. God bless!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zur View Post
from above means jesus came from heaven, he is the incarnation of god (jn 1) this is a total other world, so to speak. The bible is clear, we are all sinners, even if someone tries to walk in love, to be a humanist. Sin is missing the mark, we are created by god to fulfill our plan. Without god everybody is a prey of the devil, because we have a corrupted dna, we are already born in sin, that means nobody has to teach us or convince us to sin, it is already their from birth and the bible says the sins of our fathers follow us till the 3 and 4th generation. So all of us are in trouble. The offer of god is clear, who wants to live under his king jeshua in the kingdom of god were is righteousness for ever, has to be cleaned from sin, his dna has to be changed, to be born from above meanes to receive a new heart, not of stone, but of love, so we can serve god. Every one has to make a decision whom he wants to serve, jeshua or the devil, their is no middle-ground. Jesus is the truth or he was a liar, because he said, that he is the only way. You can ask god for an answer. If jesus is true, believe in him and follow him. It is as easy as this. God is not complicated. Just seek and ask and knock. Pray to the god that made heaven and earth. You can make no mistake. God bless!
amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity