Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,010,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
...when He said:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment
Dangerously, the UR folk would have you believe that these cites don't matter. You'll be OK even if you reject Christ in this life, so they say.

Are you willing to bet your eternal destiny? Don't do it! The scriptures are clear If you don't accept Christ as savior before you die you are Toast. Don't buy into the false teaching that all will fine if you die and have rejected Christ. Not what the NT says, unless you twist words and change the meanings.

With that said, have a good evening!
"Have a good evening"? While your loved ones are supposedly being tortured in flames by God? Sure, let's have a happy time! Enjoy life!

I'm curious why you still use a bible version that paints God as the most malign being in the universe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,147,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
Hebrews 9:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

You die and then the Judgement.

Revelation 20:11-15
King James Version (KJV)
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Does that sound like a second chance at salvation to you.

OK UR's
Now show me one verse that say's those who are cast into the lake of fire will be taken out and given another chance at salvation.
It is not a "chance". It is a certainty. God has already said it. Why don't you believe Him?

Isaiah 45
22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 “I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Do you think God is begging people to turn to Him and save themselves? NO. He has sworn it will happen. Every tongue will swear allegiance to Him.

Luke 3:6 And all people will see God’s salvation.
Wow!

1 Tim 2
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

This is why we can call Jesus the savior of all people, the savior of the world, the one who takes away the sin of the world.

God's judgments are corrective and are for teaching people righteousness (NOT to simply judge people as unworthy of anything less than endless torture). Example:
Isa 26:9 for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Isn't that amazing? God's judgments teach us righteousness! For that is what judgment does - it sets things right.

Your confusion about the lake of fire is in taking it too literally. Do you really think people are burning in physical fire forever?
God calls Himself a consuming fire.
He tells us that we will be judged through fire. And still, we will be saved through that fire.
He uses metaphor of a refiner burning out the impurities through fire.

That is what fire does - it burns up the bad stuff. It doesn't torture forever.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"Have a good evening"? While your loved ones are supposedly being tortured in flames by God? Sure, let's have a happy time! Enjoy life!

I'm curious why you still use a bible version that paints God as the most malign being in the universe?
Thats what the fruits of the spirit are for right?
Peace, joy, love, ... while your loved ones are tortured forever...

Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Thats what the fruits of the spirit are for right?
Peace, joy, love, while your loved ones are tortured forever...
And it's this kind of truth which some have said sets them free

Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM

342 posts, read 408,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
From the day I first believed I have been learning, one thing I have learnt too is that I have not always been right about what I believed about God. To be honest the scripture today says something entirely different to my early days of believing when I was nurtured by the evangelicals. Most of the things you and a few others on here believe, I did too, but I learnt that just because I read the bible from page to page several times It did not mean I had it all worked out that no one could teach me something I didn't already know, or I was right about all that I believed.

So I have a question for you, do you believe exactly the same today as you did when you first believed and how is it possible that you believed all the right things from day one ?. Have you ever been wrong in what you believe ?. I ask this because you dismiss everything that doesn't fit with what you already believe, like many others do on here.

I actually do not believe God is mad if you believe the wrong things, for if you have a heart to learn from him, the wrong concepts of him are easily corrected tenderly by him who is meek and lowly in heart.Now having a heart to learn I suppose you would have to humble yourself and acknowledge that you don't know or have all truth, for I can see no other way to learn of him.
Well of course I have learned new things. And as I said I still do. When anyone has a real point they can show from scripture I am willing to listen. When I am convinced they may be on to something I begin to pray about it and study it out. This has lead to many changes over the course of my walk with God. So rest assured if you present me with something from scripture that is of value I will seek the truth of it.

Yes I have been wrong before.

I don't think God is "mad" at those who have accepted a false teaching but I do believe that many will be cast into the lake of fire because of those who teach false doctrine along with the teachers they followed.

Most of the people who disagree with me on this forum do so because they do not believe the scriptures mean what they say. They even put me down for believing God's word as it is literally written. But I rejoice in that. I understand what's going on and what Jesus promised me.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think God is "mad" at those who have accepted a false teaching but I do believe that many will be cast into the lake of fire because of those who teach false doctrine along with the teachers they followed.
Ham it up, think about this for a second.

Are you suggesting that a measly human can thwart the will of God, causing many to end up in the lake of fire, and God can't or doesn't do anything about it? Even though God really wants us all to be saved, God can't save us if some wimpy false teacher comes along?

It seems like you think God's hands are tied. Parts of His own creation lead others of His own creation into eternal doom, and God can't do a thing about it.

This is a bizarre view of an all-powerful god who has created and knows everything.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
Well of course I have learned new things. And as I said I still do. When anyone has a real point they can show from scripture I am willing to listen. When I am convinced they may be on to something I begin to pray about it and study it out. This has lead to many changes over the course of my walk with God. So rest assured if you present me with something from scripture that is of value I will seek the truth of it.

Yes I have been wrong before.

Most of the people who disagree with me on this forum do so because they do not believe the scriptures mean what they say. They even put me down for believing God's word as it is literally written. But I rejoice in that. I understand what's going on and what Jesus promised me.
So if you have been wrong in your understanding of scripture( accepted false teaching)you can be wrong again,right?even though you had scripture to support your wrong understanding of scripture (false teaching) ?.

What if you believe a wrong teaching now and die tonight, will you be cast into the lake of fire too ?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because nowhere in scripture does it say we will given a chance to repent after physical death. As a matter of fact, it says exactly the opposite!
Wrong. 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10; Rom.5:18,19; 1 Cor.15:22-28; Col.1:20; Eph.1:9; Phil.2:8-11 to name a few, oh heck and Romans 8

Rom 8:21 that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption
into the glorious freedom of the children of God."

See that? We believers now are the children of God. In the very far-off future God is going to bring everyone in His universe into the same glorious freedom we enjoy.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM

342 posts, read 408,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Wrong. 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10; Rom.5:18,19; 1 Cor.15:22-28; Col.1:20; Eph.1:9; Phil.2:8-11 to name a few, oh heck and Romans 8

Rom 8:21 that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption
into the glorious freedom of the children of God."

See that? We believers now are the children of God. In the very far-off future God is going to bring everyone in His universe into the same glorious freedom we enjoy.
Not a single verse you posted say's that man will have a second chance at salvation after death.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Not a single verse you posted say's that man will have a second chance at salvation after death.
Post a verse that says salvation is about "chances".

Nothing happens by chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity