Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times

Advertisements

,and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Matthew 23

When did Jesus gather? hhmm

When will Jerusalem see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
God said much of Jerusalem.

Still yet, His people prefer being dazzled by her instead.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
,and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Matthew 23

When did Jesus gather? hhmm

When will Jerusalem see?
The Jew will never see God until his whole concept of Him changes. This will require accepting Jesus Christ as being who God is.
We will not have this Hen( the concept that Jesus Christ is the exact representation of who God IS) to reign over us. We want a God that slays the wicked, calls down fire from heaven and frees us from Rome( you'd still needing freeing if I did that for you). This is the God we were brought up on, how can you be God in the flesh if your not acting like that ? Loving sinners and speaking against our concept of God,we know who you are, you are the carpenters son .

Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Jew will never see God until his whole concept of Him changes. This will require accepting Jesus Christ as being who God is.
We will not have this Hen( the concept that Jesus Christ is the exact representation of who God IS) to reign over us. We want a God that slays the wicked, calls down fire from heaven and frees us from Rome( you'd still needing freeing if I did that for you). This is the God we were brought up on, how can you be God in the flesh if your not acting like that ? Loving sinners and speaking against our concept of God,we know who you are, you are the carpenters son .
Shalom! As a Jew you should know that there is a Messiah Joseph, who suffers and a Messiah David you just want to have. I have good news for you. He will come very soon and fire will go before Him and He will bring salvation to Israel, when the armies of this world are destroyed that come against Jerusalem and He will reign on the throne of David and the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of the Lord. Do you know His name and what is His son`s name, if you can tell me (Proverb 30:4).

Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Shalom! As a Jew you should know that there is a Messiah Joseph, who suffers and a Messiah David you just want to have. I have good news for you. He will come very soon and fire will go before Him and He will bring salvation to Israel, when the armies of this world are destroyed that come against Jerusalem and He will reign on the throne of David and the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of the Lord. Do you know His name and what is His son`s name, if you can tell me (Proverb 30:4).
pcamps doesn't know much since he only believes certain parts of the bible. only the fluffy fun parts are believable to him, any mention of fire and he disagrees.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
pcamps doesn't know much since he only believes certain parts of the bible. only the fluffy fun parts are believable to him, any mention of fire and he disagrees.
God is a consuming fire. Any mention of fire and you cannot see anything other than unbelievers burning in a lake of fire. I believe all the scriptures. I reject your understanding of them.

21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,

This does not mean pour the lake of fire on someone's head, O so you don't believe every bible mention of fire is about hellfire ?. Fire does have other purposes than roasting folk in hell then.

I suppose you think heaping burning coals on someone's head is to condemn them because he's your enemy,those loving their neighbor as themselves with burning coal do not think that way.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God is a consuming fire. Any mention of fire and you cannot see anything other than unbelievers burning in a lake of fire. I believe all the scriptures. I reject your understanding of them.

21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,

This does not mean pour the lake of fire on someone's head, O so you don't believe every bible mention of fire is about hellfire ?. Fire does have other purposes than roasting folk in hell then.

I suppose you think heaping burning coals on someone's head is to condemn them because he's your
enemy,those loving their neighbor as themselves with burning coal do not think that way.
To understand the bible, you must study and know the whole word of God. But if the Holy Spirit does not help you, it is sometimes only foolishness in our eyes. But please understand that God`s ways and thoughts are much higher than ours. We need a humble heart to seek God and than we will find Him. It is not about who is right or wrong, we are all wrong and need His mercy. Without God nobody has a chance against the forces of evil, if you believe or not, it does not matter. King David says, happy is he whom the Lord has forgiven his sins, and in Christ Jesus we have forgiveness of sins. You have no other blood to get happy!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Zur

Shalom!
We are dealing here with issues of live and death and eternity and we should not take them lightly. There is a judgement of God. Adam and Eve did not obey God`s word and they were thrown out of Paradise. I could go on with Noah`s flood, Sodom and Gomorrah etc. A Jew is trying to keep the Torah, that is O.K. in my eyes, if he does he will not be a bad person. The Gentiles God gave them a conscience, if they would follow, they too would not be a bad person. If this would be enough, why so many animals had to be slaughtered in the temple as sacrifice and finally God had to sent His Son to be the eternal sacrifice and go with His blood into the Heavenly Temple and to reconcile the sinful human being with a holy God as High Priest after the order of Melchizedek (PS 110; Heb). The Israelite s had to eat the Passover lamb and to put the blood at the door posts to escape the angel of death. Now Yeshua Ha Mashiach is our Passover lamb, every one that believes in Him will not perish, but has eternal life!
God bless you!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
To understand the bible, you must study and know the whole word of God. But if the Holy Spirit does not help you, it is sometimes only foolishness in our eyes. But please understand that God`s ways and thoughts are much higher than ours. We need a humble heart to seek God and than we will find Him. It is not about who is right or wrong, we are all wrong and need His mercy. Without God nobody has a chance against the forces of evil, if you believe or not, it does not matter. King David says, happy is he whom the Lord has forgiven his sins, and in Christ Jesus we have forgiveness of sins. You have no other blood to get happy!
You are right His ways are much higher than ours

He blesses when we curse, He loves His enemies when we hate them, He does good to those that spitefully use him, we return the spite, He goes the extra mile, while we refuse to even go a mile, you get my drift on what the Higher thoughts and ways of God are and how you discern that which is of God or not ?.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 AM

Most of us need a reality check about the portion of scripture quoted in the OP. those that would not come had Moses and the prophets( their version of what today is called the bible and they gave it same place of honor christianity does today ). So saying you believe in the whole bible does not necessary mean you are not rejecting him.

They(those who thought they believed the scriptures) said Abraham was their father,and we all know what Jesus thought about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity