Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,427 times

Advertisements

People will say winning souls for Christ mainly .

They will say being a good Bob and good Jane mainly.

They will say having great faith in Christ for whatever they want mainly.

They will say being a blood boaster to be saved mainly.

They will say speaking in tongues is the goal mainly.

They will say sharing their testimony of Christ in their life mainly.

They will say breaking a few bad habits mainly.

The best summary of the goal of a Christian is stated in one word continue.

Continue in what you may ask ?

If you continue in my word then are you my disciples indeed---John 8:31.

Continue can't make you be a 90% bible believer---Matthew 5:17-20.

Continue can't make you look to the wisdom of man about water baptism--John 3:5.

Continue can't make you be self wise about Christian attire---1 Peter 3:3.

Continue gives you a different prospective about segregation Christians do----2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Continue sees no other way to do parties with people---1 Peter 4:1-4.

Continue means you trust what God has said about women rules in the church---1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Continue means it's not optional for a ministry to be under bigger church government---Romans 13:1.

Continue breaks you out of the conventional way of getting a pay raise---Luke 3:14.

Continue says studying is mandatory with no if ands or buts---1 John 2:27 and 2 Timothy 2:15.

Continue says the church leader is not your real bible teacher---1 John 2:27.

Continue says success is never in the self wisdom we think we have----Jeremiah 10:23.

Continue says God knows what he's doing with all the bible---Psalms 119:105.

Continue says God is beyond all history of time with all the bible---2 Timothy 3:16.

Continue says purpose for living exists in God---Acts 17:28 and Matthew 4:4.

Continue states bible perfection is the actual goal of a Christian---John 8:31.

Continue gets a believer out the flesh on how to deal with bums---1 or 2 Thess. 3:10.

Continue insists that going after the American dream with long mortgages and long
car notes is bad financial stewardship with God---1 Timothy 6.

Continue implies that the million dollar home and $100,000 car is questionable practice
of where our treasure is with God---Luke 12:15.

Continue honors evangelism the way God wants us to---Matthew 7:6.

Continue gets God's people in order while speaking in tongues his way---ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

Continue reveals that honest faith is just as important as great faith is---Romans 12:3.

Continue says flattery can never be honored if your a 90% bible believer only--Matt. 7:21-24.

Continue will never make options for some marriage proposals---Romans 7:2-3.

Continue sees legalism the way God does---John 1:17 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

Continue doesn't step down from declaring absolute truth---2 Peter 1:20-21.

Continue don't make the Sabbath a Jewish thing only today---Hebrews 4.

Continue not content with blood boasting to be saved---Romans 6:1.

Continue suggests that losing friends for Christ is normal---Matthew 10:34-37 and Luke 6:26.

Continue says it's not a crime for a preacher to make a living off the gospel---1 Cor. 9:14.

Continue says everybody not qualified to be a preacher that can make a living off
the gospel---Galations 1:8-9.

Continue insists that the preacher's theology has to be yours if they will be your
church leader---Matthew 15:14.

Continue declares that every God believer is not your brethren in Christ---Amos 3:3.

Continue teaches people not to teach the unteachable---2 Cor. 4:3 and Titus 3:10.

Continue will put philosophy of man out of Christianity----Colossians 2:8.

Again the noble goal is not to win arguments nor go back and forth with 90% bible believers.

It's ONLY to attract 100% bible believers together---Psalms 133:1 and Amos 3:3 and 2 Cor. 6.

You ONLY belong here if that's your GOAL too---Matthew 5:6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Love God,yourself and your neighbor

Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sounds good to me!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
If that is the summary of a Christian's duty, it's legalism. Jesus said that was a summary of the LAW. It was the most important COMMANDMENT. But we are not saved by the Law. We are saved by God's Grace.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If that is the summary of a Christian's duty, it's legalism. Jesus said that was a summary of the LAW. It was the most important COMMANDMENT. But we are not saved by the Law. We are saved by God's Grace.
Legalism ? Who said anything about earning anything? I believe its the natural draw of those who are Christ minded.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
To be holy.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Legalism ? Who said anything about earning anything? I believe its the natural draw of those who are Christ minded.
It's not the Gospel. It requires us to do something. Christ didn't come so we could do anything.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
It's not the Gospel. It requires us to do something. Christ didn't come so we could do anything.
So why are you a Pastor ? To tell the folk sitting in the pews sit there and do nowt( nothing where I come from) and beware of the big bad devil?.
He came that we might have Life and Life more abundantly, faith is Living and active. If we have really believed the gospel( the good news) we have awakened to righteousness.

Viz try this one for size

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

And stop pretending that we don't have to do anything, I have never met a Fundamentalsts yet that believes that grace caused him to believe, what you did is make a decision, chose, found and sought God.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-08-2013 at 12:44 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
So why are you a Pastor ? To tell the folk sitting in the pews sit there and do nowt( nothing where I come from) ?.
He came that we might have Life and Life more abundantly, faith is Living and active. If we have really believed the gospel( the good news) we have awakened to righteousness.

Viz try this one for size

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

And stop pretending that we don't have to do anything, I have never met a Fundamentalsts yet that believes that grace caused him to believe, what you did is make a decision, chose, found and sought God.
I want to see if you can tell me what the Gospel is. Why do we do good works, and why did Jesus die?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I want to see if you can tell me what the Gospel is. Why do we do good works, and why did Jesus die?
I'm an ambassador of this.

That God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Then the communication of our faith becomes effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus. Philemon 1:6

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity