Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 PM

63,903 posts, read 40,178,831 times

Advertisements

If you do . . . it has nothing to do with what God wants from you. God has no interest in you practicing ANY religion. He wants you to practice agape love through "love of God and each other," period. The "business" of religion has corrupted Christ's Gospel and led astray those who would follow Christ into supporting and participating in religious rituals, tithing and rule following . . . which have nothing to do with what God wants from us. That is just another form of legalism driven by human vanity and hubris . . . not to mention power and greed. Practice agape love . . . THAT is what God wants . . . NOT religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,220,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you do . . . it has nothing to do with what God wants from you. God has no interest in you practicing ANY religion. He wants you to practice agape love through "love of God and each other," period. The "business" of religion has corrupted Christ's Gospel and led astray those who would follow Christ into supporting and participating in religious rituals, tithing and rule following . . . which have nothing to do with what God wants from us. That is just another form of legalism driven by human vanity and hubris . . . not to mention power and greed. Practice agape love . . . THAT is what God wants . . . NOT religion.
Sadly, that is RARELY practiced and when it is, it is by very FEW. Just saying...

Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM

307 posts, read 285,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by July 8th View Post
James 1:26-27
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I was reading that today and it reminded me of this forum.
I think since God knows more than anyone on this forum and since God gave us His written word and it tells us what "pure religion" is to God that I will do it God's way and reject any who say it's wrong.

Who will join me?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I think since God knows more than anyone on this forum and since God gave us His written word and it tells us what "pure religion" is to God that I will do it God's way and reject any who say it's wrong.

Who will join me?
I think since God knows more than anyone on this forum and since God gave us Jesus Christ and He commands us to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't . . . that I will do it Christ's way and reject any who say it is wrong. Since 2000+ years qualifies as the latter days relative to the first century Christians . . . We should expect a majority of apostate Christians to exist as it was prophesied. So I expect many will join you in apostasy. What you believe about God the Father is against Christ's revelations about the Father . . . making them anti-Christ. What does that tell you about who you are following? You believe fables literally even though they are proven to be implausible. You follow the "precepts and doctrines of men" "written in ink" taught by false teachers who tickle your ears instead of the truth God has "written in our hearts" taught by the Holy Spirit (Comforter) within our consciousness . . . all of which has also been prophesied. It may be "pure religion" according to men . . . but it is not Christianity according to Christ, IMO. I am not liking your chances for being on the right team, July.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
I think since God knows more than anyone on this forum and since God gave us Jesus Christ and He commands us to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't . . . that I will do it Christ's way and reject any who say it is wrong. Since 2000+ years qualifies as the latter days relative to the first century Christians . . . We should expect a majority of apostate Christians to exist as it was prophesied. So I expect many will join you in apostasy. What you believe about God the Father is against Christ's revelations about the Father . . . making them anti-Christ. What does that tell you about who you are following? You believe fables literally even though they are proven to be implausible. You follow the "precepts and doctrines of men" "written in ink" taught by false teachers who tickle your ears instead of the truth God has "written in our hearts" taught by the Holy Spirit (Comforter) within our consciousness . . . all of which has also been prophesied. It may be "pure religion" according to men . . . but it is not Christianity according to Christ, IMO. I am not liking your chances for being on the right team, July.
Well if you think to "bridleth the tongue, visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to be unspotted from the world" is not something Christ taught then I don't know where your coming from. My Christ taught us to love our fellow man as the passage I quoted does. Also to "bridle the tongue". Something I know I need to work on.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Well if you think to "bridleth the tongue, visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to be unspotted from the world" is not something Christ taught then I don't know where your coming from. My Christ taught us to love our fellow man as the passage I quoted does. Also to "bridle the tongue". Something I know I need to work on.
As it turns out . . . you are correct about your posts in this thread and I apologize. I incorrectly identified you with other posters . . . and with your other beliefs expressed elsewhere. Your posts here are in line with Christ's commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't . . . and that IS the right team. BTW We ALL need to bridle our tongues more . . . but that would make for a very silent forum.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
As it turns out . . . you are correct about your posts in this thread and I apologize. I incorrectly identified you with other posters . . . and with your other beliefs expressed elsewhere. Your posts here are in line with Christ's commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't . . . and that IS the right team. BTW We ALL need to bridle our tongues more . . . but that would make for a very silent forum.
I don't type with my tongue!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,579,330 times
Quote:

Old 02-17-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Thanks ans.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't type with my tongue!
PPPpppphhhhlllllbbbbttttt!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity