Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
i agree with honoring the postion that GOd puts the pastor in....that's why i am asking for help because i have not dishonored him ....this is the cold hearted truth ....i am just saying what the issues are at hand....it didn't always used to be this way.....this church was once a church on fire for god ...but when this new pastor came, it seemed to crumble...we try talking to him like i said but he is very above the rest of us.
That is admittedly a tough situation to be in girleylips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM

320 posts, read 954,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
[/i]
This is a good post kaykay!Can't rep you yet, but I can do what you suggested when we can't rep "Pray"
My sentiments exactly: esp when we are called to submit, and a lot of people nowadays want to point fingers at leadership instead of submission; we're not going to agree with everything that everyone says or does, as long as a leader is following the teachings of the Word of God; (following not talking only"). It doesn't seem to take a lot to get people to go against you these days especially in leadership.
Disclaimer: Not implying that this is the case with the OP

and i am NOT pointing fingers...this is what is really happening....i am doing everything in my power to do the will of GOd....God wants peace ...how can there be peace when the pastor won;t even agree to have a meeting about it? its not right. i look at myself and ask God what i need to change about myself everyday.....i am not perfect but i am strong enough in my faith to know that a real pastor will try to help make peace....

(and i know you are not accusing me of pointing fingers)

i want to be at peace with him and so do many others truely i do and i am doing anything possible to do that....

he was trying to close prayer nights at church on friday nights....! I mean i don't agree with that at all....we have had those nights for so many years and he wants to close it down just because we don't agree with him? i mean come on.....this is so childish....we go there to pray for the church and for him and for us...we try to be united in the church of God

Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by girleylips
Quote:
i agree that it doesn't matter what his status is... but it matters to him...you know? i am not a type of person to cause a riot in church and nor will , i know that God wants peace but the pastor won't...i cant' understand the concept myself honestly
A walk-out is not a noisy riot or picketing a fence.
A walk-out is right before the ‘pastor’ begins silently standing up and walking out of the church. When you do this in an organised fashion with a large enough following it will certainly make an impression on your 'pastor'.
Hopefully he will come to his senses and will listen to your concerns next time the congregation invites him to talk.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
That is admittedly a tough situation to be in girleylips.

yeah it is and i am just seeking help that's all and letting you all know the situation of it alll......i need more guidance from God. and you all do help with that

this issue has been going on for years but it just seems to be getting worse...

i know God will resolve it .....i just need to talk about it to keep sane...hopefully you understand

Old 10-23-2007, 01:50 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
yeah it is and i am just seeking help that's all and letting you all know the situation of it alll......i need more guidance from God. and you all do help with that

this issue has been going on for years but it just seems to be getting worse...

i know God will resolve it .....i just need to talk about it to keep sane...hopefully you understand
Yes, I do understand.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
I understand where you're coming from Girleylips. Fortunately, I attend a church that is very much on fire for God. I can only imagine the sadness and despair I would feel to see my own church family becoming stagnant and complacent. What spoke to me out of your post was the desire you have to see your church light up for God. I believe that God has placed this yearning in your spirit. Don't ignore it. Fast and pray for your church. See if there are any other laypeople in your congregation who have this same hunger. If there is, have them join you in intercessory prayer for the church and the leadership of the church. Nothing is impossible for God, and He apparently has not forgotten about this church.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by girleylips A walk-out is not a noisy riot or picketing a fence.
A walk-out is right before the ‘pastor’ begins silently standing up and walking out of the church. When you do this in an organised fashion with a large enough following it will certainly make an impression on your 'pastor'.
Hopefully he will come to his senses and will listen to your concerns next time the congregation invites him to talk.

he wants the people that are against him to leave the church....but we will not leave the church becuase our grand fathers worked really hard to build it with their owns hands....so you see we can't really do that....
and yes i understand that a walk out is not a riot ...thanks for clarifying
i know things just got more complex....i try to smile about it so i won't go crazy...i mean we can try what you are saying and see what happens, but he knows our concerns you know?

Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by girleylips
Quote:
he wants the people that are against him to leave the church....but we will not leave the church becuase our grand fathers worked really hard to build it with their owns hands....so you see we can't really do that....
A pastor that wants people to leave his church?
In Holland the church does everything to get people to come in and in America a pastor wants people to leave the church?
I'd never imagined to see that happen.

How about talking to the local press?
I guess that a pastor that wants people to leave the church is news worthy.
Maybe he will listen to you then?

Old 10-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I understand where you're coming from Girleylips. Fortunately, I attend a church that is very much on fire for God. I can only imagine the sadness and despair I would feel to see my own church family becoming stagnant and complacent. What spoke to me out of your post was the desire you have to see your church light up for God. I believe that God has placed this yearning in your spirit. Don't ignore it. Fast and pray for your church. See if there are any other laypeople in your congregation who have this same hunger. If there is, have them join you in intercessory prayer for the church and the leadership of the church. Nothing is impossible for God, and He apparently has not forgotten about this church.

thank you so much that gives me so much more reassurance that God will work in our church....i have grown up with these people and it just saddens me to see it all unfold this way.... i know that god will work but i am human and i have had this patience for quite a while now ...i will continue on praying and fasting for this church to get better....i know God will deal with the pastor ....he also does it through people as well...i just finally wanted to say something about what's going on at our church cause there is big hurt in my heart and have had it for years ..it hurts for the church.....yes i do get together with alot of people and pray about the church issue and i find comfort in that and for people like you that took a second to comment about it....thank you so much

Old 10-23-2007, 02:01 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
Quote:
he was trying to close prayer nights at church on friday nights....! I mean i don't agree with that at all....we have had those nights for so many years and he wants to close it down just because we don't agree with him? i mean come on.....this is so childish....we go there to pray for the church and for him and for us...we try to be united in the church of God
I just saw this post after I submitted my other response. Maybe you can talk to the people who come to the prayer nights. Even if the pastor cancels the prayer night at the church building does not mean he can cancel them everywhere. Offer your home as a substitute local for them. Never quit praying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity