Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I am glad that you commented.
Thank you for your reply.
Yeah, he's a pretty kewl dude and his answer would apply across the board for any theistic organization, I'd say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,896,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As usual, Sizzly here shows the "heart" that she does have in the face of unjustified Christian judgment. People who disagree with expressed Christian beliefs can have the same (or even better) "hearts" than those who express belief in the sadly corrupted Christian message and it's afterlife consequences. Judgment has been indoctrinated into so many Christians they are seldom even aware of it . . . despite the fact that Christ told His followers NOT to judge.
That's so judgmental of you to say.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:08 PM

63,901 posts, read 40,178,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As usual, Sizzly here shows the "heart" that she does have in the face of unjustified Christian judgment. People who disagree with expressed Christian beliefs can have the same (or even better) "hearts" than those who express belief in the sadly corrupted Christian message and it's afterlife consequences. Judgment has been indoctrinated into so many Christians they are seldom even aware of it . . . despite the fact that Christ told His followers NOT to judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That's so judgmental of you to say.
Ah Alpha . . . always good to hear from you, brother. How have you been?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,644,294 times
Quote:
Do you have anything to say that is even remotely on topic?
Eternity is certain, independent upon our liking it to be so. That is deadlock on target of what the topic is addressing.

We are all born into the world and we all die. Truth does not change depending upon what we wish to be so.

The good news is that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for the second death to all that come to God with a humble, repentant heart through Jesus Christ. It is a gift that could never be earned or deserved, only accepted and freely received.

True faith is expressed through obedience to His word trusting Him.

Blessings in Christ

Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM

In other words, "no."

Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,456,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Eternity is certain, independent upon our liking it to be so. That is deadlock on target of what the topic is addressing.

We are all born into the world and we all die. Truth does not change depending upon what we wish to be so.

The good news is that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for the second death to all that come to God with a humble, repentant heart through Jesus Christ. It is a gift that could never be earned or deserved, only accepted and freely received.

True faith is expressed through obedience to His word trusting Him.

Blessings in Christ
You really should reread my posts. You are so not understanding the question.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:11 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,896,687 times
Quote:
You really should reread my posts. You are so not understanding the question.
Actually, Sizzly, I don't think you're understanding the answer.

You asked a question similar to:

"If frogs had wings, how fast do you think they'd fly and where would they go?" The answer, ultimately, is "Frogs don't have wings."

The soul is eternal. The only thing up for discussion is WHERE eternity is spent.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Actually, Sizzly, I don't think you're understanding the answer.
No, you are not understanding the question. Let's try it a different way: "Is Christianity ALL about 'pie in the sky?' If not, what else ya got?"

Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,456,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, you are not understanding the question. Let's try it a different way: "Is Christianity ALL about 'pie in the sky?' If not, what else ya got?"
That is it in a nutshell!
I just tried to say it in a more polite manner.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:22 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,000,278 times
You know as I get older, Christianity becomes less and less about rewards and gain and more about having good relationships with myself, with others, and with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity