Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who die without receiving Christ as Savior are eternally lost. Those who believe on Christ which means to understand that He is the Son of God and that He died a substitutionary death on the cross are eternally secure.
Mike,

This is YOUR doctrine and the mainstream doctrine of a harlot church. It is not what the scriptures or GOD"S PURE LOVE teach. Your hell doctrine is not worth living or dying for. LOVE is worth living and dying for, just as Jesus demonstrated. It was because of LOVE that God gave us Jesus and it was because of LOVE that Jesus laid down his life. It had nothing to do with satisfying God's wrath. It is the wrath of man that we are subjected to. And in that sense only does God's wrath abide on anyone. We are BY NATURE (by being born into a world where death reigns) the children of wrath. We are not subjected to this hellish world willingly but by HIM WHO HAS SUBJECTED US IN HOPE. Our exile and imprisonment is for a good purpose. If it were not, God would not subject us to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong View Post
mike,

this is your doctrine and the mainstream doctrine of a harlot church. It is not what the scriptures or god"s pure love teach. Your hell doctrine is not worth living or dying for. Love is worth living and dying for, just as jesus demonstrated. It was because of love that god gave us jesus and it was because of love that jesus laid down his life. It had nothing to do with satisfying god's wrath. It is the wrath of man that we are subjected to. And in that sense only does god's wrath abide on anyone. We are by nature (by being born into a world where death reigns) the children of wrath. We are not subjected to this hellish world willingly but by him who has subjected us in hope. Our exile and imprisonment is for a good purpose. If it were not, god would not subject us to it.

this is truth!!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieAmber View Post
As a Christian I always thought that all other Christians believed that once they were saved, they were always saved from that point on. As I grew up and grew in Christ I realized that there were a lot of Christians who believed differently. Believed that you could lose your salvation. This baffles me a bit. So I wanted to ask do you believe once you're saved you're always saved from that point on? If not, how can you lose your salvation? Why do you feel you can lose it?
Several reasons:

[1] Jesus says one needs to remain faithful to the end. Jesus emphasizes and warns about remaining faithful \ true
Matthew 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Revelation 2:26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the
nations—

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

1 John 2:24 As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.

Revelation 16:15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

[2] A person can renounce\reject their faith
Revelation 2:13 I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, .....

1 Chronicles 28:9 “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Isaiah 1:28 But rebels and sinners will both be broken, and those who forsake the Lord will perish.

Revelation 2:3-5
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.
Consider how far you have fallen!
Repent and do the things you did at first.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
[quote=Heartsong;28937537]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555
Those who die without receiving Christ as Savior are eternally lost. Those who believe on Christ which means to understand that He is the Son of God and that He died a substitutionary death on the cross are eternally secure.

Quote:

Mike,

This is YOUR doctrine and the mainstream doctrine of a harlot church. It is not what the scriptures or GOD"S PURE LOVE teach. Your hell doctrine is not worth living or dying for. LOVE is worth living and dying for, just as Jesus demonstrated. It was because of LOVE that God gave us Jesus and it was because of LOVE that Jesus laid down his life. It had nothing to do with satisfying God's wrath. It is the wrath of man that we are subjected to. And in that sense only does God's wrath abide on anyone. We are BY NATURE (by being born into a world where death reigns) the children of wrath. We are not subjected to this hellish world willingly but by HIM WHO HAS SUBJECTED US IN HOPE. Our exile and imprisonment is for a good purpose. If it were not, God would not subject us to it.
To the contrary. The Scriptures are quite clear that Jesus had to die in our place, as our substitute. That He bore our sins in His own body on the cross.

Isaiah 53:4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isaiah 53:5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

The Scriptures are equally clear that those who die never having believed on Christ will spend the eternal future in the lake of fire. You already know what those passages are.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morefire View Post
u don't see children running around trying to be something, trying to be saved, they are innocence attached to nothing, they are life, experiencing life as it is without judgement, they love , play, they don't sit and try to be happy, it comes natural. it is written that the kingdom belongs to them. this is where we go wrong,,, we try to learn how to be saved". or to be free.. we try and try, but these things must come natural, without trying,,, notwithstanding the mind.. but with our hearts. naturally effortlessly.
This is what the jailer did when he asked Paul, "what must I do to be saved?"...It all starts with the question, "where did we come from?"...

Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The interesting thing to me about "once saved..." is that generally those who hold the doctrine acknowledge that people who believe they have been saved DO turn away and deny their faith, but say that, clearly they were never saved in the first place. This leaves the believer in the curious position of not really knowing that he has been saved, and I've got to wonder where the "assurance" is in that. There are several scriptures that indicate that one must persevere and grow in the faith, but the believer is assured that as long as he maintains his commitment the shortcomings we all suffer will not cause him to fall.

The important thing here is the commitment to Christ and to trying to be Christ-like. No worries whether you can lose salvation or not.
The good work that HaShem has begun in you He will finish...

Old 04-02-2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As is typical on this forum, you'll have to wade through some of the crappy answers you'll get to the more serious ones by people who actually try to answer the question. Just be discerning and you'll be okay

I too was surprised to find that some Christians do believe you can lose your salvation, or that you need to keep being saved over and over again

Like you, I believe once you are saved, you are saved.

Now, just because you are saved does not mean you'll never sin again - we all most likely have and will.

But because we are saved, I believe we are more likely to be "convicted" in our consciences' and repent of those sins pretty quickly.

I also think the only thing you can do to lose you salvation would be to make an actual conscious choice that you WANT to lose it and totally reject God, reject Jesus and what he did for us all on the cross.
Hebrews talks about those falling away, that it is impossible to renew them to repentance...For they have experienced the goodness of HaShem and the Holy Spirit of HaShem and once they renounce Yeshua they open Him to shame and re-crucify Him...All this was compared to why, those in the 40 years of wandering in the desert, where destroyed with HaShem stating that they would never enter His rest...Because of what?...Many attempt to use this to apply it to those who backslide...Sinning or backsliding is not falling away...Falling away is apostacy or makng a public renunciation of Yeshua...It is a lack of Faith which without it is impossible to please HaShem...

Old 04-02-2013, 06:09 AM

1,092 posts, read 720,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes--once we are saved, we are always saved. We don't save ourselves, and we don't cause ourselves to lose our salvation.

John 10:27-28 -- Jesus said His sheep will never perish
John 6:47 -- salvation is described as everlasting life
Romans 8:1 -- it is said we have passed out of judgment
Phil. 1:6 -- God is the one being faithful to perfect us until the day of Jesus’ return.
I totally agree with you. I was also thinking of the verse from John 10:28, where it says no man will pluck you from God's hand. I always described it as, if God will never leave me and man cant take me away from God, I dont see how I can get "unsaved". It seems impossible to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As is typical on this forum, you'll have to wade through some of the crappy answers you'll get to the more serious ones by people who actually try to answer the question. Just be discerning and you'll be okay

I too was surprised to find that some Christians do believe you can lose your salvation, or that you need to keep being saved over and over again

Like you, I believe once you are saved, you are saved.

Now, just because you are saved does not mean you'll never sin again - we all most likely have and will.

But because we are saved, I believe we are more likely to be "convicted" in our consciences' and repent of those sins pretty quickly.

I also think the only thing you can do to lose you salvation would be to make an actual conscious choice that you WANT to lose it and totally reject God, reject Jesus and what he did for us all on the cross.
Thanks for the heads up I have noticed that but it's okay. I dont think I've seen a forum that doesnt have that problem. lol

I agree with you. And also agree we will all sin. God knew that too, and I think you're right that we are more likely to be convicted in our conscience and repent quickly.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Once you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, you are eternally secure. Nothing and no one, including yourself can remove you from the hand of God. Those who believe that salvation can be lost don't understand that the work of salvation was finished at the cross. They don't understand grace. There is nothing you can do to earn your salvation. Neither is there anything you can do to deserve to keep it, or to lose it. Salvation is a free gift which is received through non-meritorious faith in Jesus Christ. And the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (Romans 11:29).
Amen.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just for clarification (there are a lot of different beliefs here)..

saved from what/who?

peace,
sparrow
Being saved means Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins, so we can have everlasting life with Him. So basically being saved means being saved from Hell, and an awful eternal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity