Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM

47 posts, read 40,834 times

Advertisements

Well, most of us have been oblivious as to what stage we are in as Christians with respect to prophecy as speculation seems to be a blah blah blah ,empty and simply not the focus of churches even evangelical fellowships. We are a society that craves "happy, nice and churches that are warm and fuzzy. Meanwhile we relegate our end-times knowledge and interest albeit mindset to "whatever" or my favorite "God will provide". Christians might be nearly as clueless of biblical signs pangs as secular unbelievers and in many cases the seculars are far more advanced but rather than tapping into prophecy they are "preppers" examining earths conditions and asteroid showers ,solar flares etc. Anyway one of the most profound discoveries by man in decades has been revealed in The Harbinger by a mild mannered messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. Only a million sold and even though has broke all records on the New York Times Best Selling List few have this series of revelations leaving most Christians clueless and seemingly in apathy. Secondly, even in the face of severe weather alterations, storms, disasters increasing in frequency, we are just to preoccupied with life and I get that. Many of us scripturally oriented speculate that we will be "caught up" (religion refers to rapture) prior to the 7 year Tiribulation, but why? Tibulation is believed to have nothing to do with believers, but rather is Gods judgement on unbelievers namely non messianic Jews, unbelieving gentiles, pagans ,spiritualiists, holistic enhancement guru unbelievers, witches, anyone who doen't make the "cut". So my message is directed to me and you to wake up and get with your preparation for more harbingers if America especially refuses to repent. Examples of harbingers include terrorist attacks,9/11 (refer to Isaiah 9:10-11 (ironically found on Sept 11 in the one year bible) uprooting of the Sycamore, replacement with the cedar, the quarried stone ,the financial crisis and the two witnesses.

Last edited by slightlyeccentric; 04-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: formating/ spelling errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM

817 posts, read 740,221 times
Default yikes..

Well, speaking of this, I am very concerned right now about North Korea and this passage from Revelation:

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. (Revelation 6:3, 4)"

There is an article from TIME magazine published in 1965 that refers to N. Korea as a RED HORSE. The "great sword" would be the nuclear capability they have achieved. Not sure what else to say. Should we pray for it not to happen? If it's prophecy...that won't do any good. But we can still pray for our country and everyone we love...and let's just hope that nothing comes of this right now!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Well, speaking of this, I am very concerned right now about North Korea and this passage from Revelation:

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. (Revelation 6:3, 4)"

There is an article from TIME magazine published in 1965 that refers to N. Korea as a RED HORSE. The "great sword" would be the nuclear capability they have achieved. Not sure what else to say. Should we pray for it not to happen? If it's prophecy...that won't do any good. But we can still pray for our country and everyone we love...and let's just hope that nothing comes of this right now!!!!
I would say to stop trying to use Rev as a Millennialism Handbook to predict the second return of Jesus.

A: Millennialism's rapture occures (Whenever That Occures) ... supposedly secretive
+
B: Millennialism's 7 year trib ....... (WTO + 7)
+
C: Millennialism's 1000 year number....... ( WTO + 7 + 1000 number)

=
Rapture Date (???) +7+1000
The predicted date of Jesus' return

Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 PM

I would say....I'm not concerned with trying to use Revelation to predict the timing of the second return of Jesus. My faith in him is sufficient in any case. I normally don't think about it all that much. But a red light has gone off now. Aren't we to be "sober and watchful" ? And aren't we SUPPOSED to use the Bible (Revelation included) to understand the signs and the times. Of course we are.

And by the way...since Revelation is mostly a book of prophecy...what would be the point of revealing it and including it in the Bible if it weren't to be referenced to, especially at the time of the true end? What do you suggest that I DO use Revelation for then? People love to act like Revelation is so cryptic that it's not worth talking about. Once again...what would be the point then of including it? Just for fun? Just so God can later say..."I told you so?"

It seems you may have made the assumption that I'm one of those clowns who is always thinking "the end is near...the end is near!" NOPE. Not me. This is the first post I've made on the subject. Just wanted to make that clear.

The response from my Christian friends on Facebook regarding this was 180 degrees from yours..since they know this about me.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Also...the Pre-Trib. rapture position is incorrect. I don't want to debate that on this thread...(i did VERY extensive and earnest research on this back in 1995 over several months) but I can see that since you are one of those who believes that all you have to think about is when you are rescued from everything...you feel you have nothing at all to worry about. Well it certainly is nice to live in this nice technological world (where all the technology comes from Satan) and just think that it's going to be a great picnic and we're all safe. But there's a chance that the Pre-Trib rapture view is incorrect...in which case we should all be praying as hard as we can for our loved ones and ourselves to have the strength to endure what may be coming. Don't just sit on the computer and sleepwalk through this...but pay attention to what's going on! Very important!

Remember, at the end many Christians will be persecuted...unfortunately. Also...realize that that the Pre-Trib rapture view was never believed in until the mid-1800's....pretty much around the time that MODERN MEDIA (with all its lies) was on the horizon. Very interesting.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:37 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
I think it is best to try not to let our hearts be troubled by the tribulations and shaking of things. Granted, that is easier said than done. But worry never changes anything.

John Chapter 14
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:33 PM

So very true HeartSong!

I have zero fear when it comes to such things...but there is also a sense of responsibility to share certain things...even if only to remind people to pray in faith and to NOT be afraid at the things they see unfolding before them.

If something *were to happen to the U.S., or if WWIII occurs, it will be the true Christians who are able to carry on in faith and love, though the world may be burning down around us.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,843,144 times
IMO the real End Times issue is not fear or predicting the return of Christ, but, of maintaining a 'readiness' perspective at all times. Jesus told a number of parables regarding this subject (Foolish Virgins, Faithful Servant, etc). What one believes or does not believe about dates, signs, timing will not change one's eternal destination, ... but, a sense of urgency to live faithfully, is both Scripturally sound and wise.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Also...the Pre-Trib. rapture position is incorrect. I don't want to debate that on this thread...(i did VERY extensive and earnest research on this back in 1995 over several months) but I can see that since you are one of those who believes that all you have to think about is when you are rescued from everything...you feel you have nothing at all to worry about. Well it certainly is nice to live in this nice technological world (where all the technology comes from Satan) and just think that it's going to be a great picnic and we're all safe. But there's a chance that the Pre-Trib rapture view is incorrect...in which case we should all be praying as hard as we can for our loved ones and ourselves to have the strength to endure what may be coming. Don't just sit on the computer and sleepwalk through this...but pay attention to what's going on! Very important!

Remember, at the end many Christians will be persecuted...unfortunately. Also...realize that that the Pre-Trib rapture view was never believed in until the mid-1800's....pretty much around the time that MODERN MEDIA (with all its lies) was on the horizon. Very interesting.
On the contrary. The pre-Tribulational rapture is correct as is easily shown in Scripture. I've addressed this before on this forum.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:59 PM

On the contrary. I did the research in 1995....and there are plenty of others who feel the way I do.

No point in arguing bro. I know you love to...but I'm going to pass. Let's agree to disagree. Cool.

And may God Bless you!

(However, if you wish you can point me to where I can find the valid argument you are referring to, and I will give it an honest assessment....and share it with those others who believe like I do and see what they feel about it...but I don't want to engage in a time-consuming debate on this particular subject!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity