Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,374,307 times

Advertisements

A friend sent me this email, the words are from Charles Stanley. I was so moved by it, I want to share it with my friends here.

The moment that we place our trust in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we become new creations. This is an act of love by the heavenly Father--He gives us new life and adopts us into His family. He also has a custom-designed plan for every believer, with specific work for each one to accomplish.

Once we're saved, the rest of our days are to be spent fulfilling God's purposes for our lives. We are called to be Jesus' disciples--acting on His behalf and working zealously for God, as the Savior did.

The world is hungry for the good news, which we are to deliver. Redemption is God's gift, offered to us free of charge (Ephesians 2:8-9). Salvation is by grace, not by grace-plus-works. Once we are saved, however, works are God's will for us--the Holy Spirit carries out Jesus' agenda on earth through His followers.

God has committed Himself to guide and equip believers to act as His servants. No matter what He calls us to do, He'll provide the necessary abilities and resources. His Holy Spirit will teach us whatever we need to know--such as effective ways to relate, to pour ourselves out on behalf of others, and to share our faith. He expects us to make serving Him a priority, and to surrender our time, talent, and treasure to His use. Age does not disqualify us from His service, and there is never a time for retirement.

While we are living on earth, our lifestyle is to be one of enthusiastic, committed service in the cause of Christ. Let your work for God be a genuine labor of love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 07:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
A friend sent me this email, the words are from Charles Stanley. I was so moved by it, I want to share it with my friends here.

The moment that we place our trust in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we become new creations. This is an act of love by the heavenly Father--He gives us new life and adopts us into His family. He also has a custom-designed plan for every believer, with specific work for each one to accomplish.

Once we're saved, the rest of our days are to be spent fulfilling God's purposes for our lives. We are called to be Jesus' disciples--acting on His behalf and working zealously for God, as the Savior did.

The world is hungry for the good news, which we are to deliver. Redemption is God's gift, offered to us free of charge (Ephesians 2:8-9). Salvation is by grace, not by grace-plus-works. Once we are saved, however, works are God's will for us--the Holy Spirit carries out Jesus' agenda on earth through His followers.

God has committed Himself to guide and equip believers to act as His servants. No matter what He calls us to do, He'll provide the necessary abilities and resources. His Holy Spirit will teach us whatever we need to know--such as effective ways to relate, to pour ourselves out on behalf of others, and to share our faith. He expects us to make serving Him a priority, and to surrender our time, talent, and treasure to His use. Age does not disqualify us from His service, and there is never a time for retirement.

While we are living on earth, our lifestyle is to be one of enthusiastic, committed service in the cause of Christ. Let your work for God be a genuine labor of love.
The Holy Spirit must be doing a "round robin" tonight, because I just replied something similar to this in Irish Mom's new thread, But I agree totally to the
above!! Although we may grow weary at times even we're told not to" There is truly no retirement in this job.. To God Be the Glory
God Bless You

Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,947 times
Default Coincidence? Highly unlikely...

ILNC, those words are definately moving. And similar words are what brought me back here to the forum. The pastor at the new church I started attending (2 Sundays now) gave a sermon very similar to your post just this week. The pastor's basic sermon was titled "Love for the Lost" and how workers are few and the harvest is great and what are we doing to further God's work.

How the Holy Spirit moves and touches us ... amazing!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Well I say Praise God you are back mams!!!! I always enjoy your posts, you are a very Godly man.
And no, there are no consequences with God

Old 10-31-2007, 09:23 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Default ILNC this passage is for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well I say Praise God you are back mams!!!! I always enjoy your posts, you are a very Godly man.
And no, there are no consequences with God
by yhwhshalomjr
Quote:
:This is one of my favorites for when it gets tough ILNC and all of my brothers and sisters in the Faith
Psalm 61
by yhwhshalomjr
Quote:
David flees to God and vows perpetual service unto Him
To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David.
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. 4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah
Psalms 61:1-4 (KJV)
.................................................. ...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity