Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I will post a few more so that literalists can struggle with rationalizing their views.
It would be nice if you could post an honest answer to an honest question. I promise I will not disrespect an honest answer the way pcamps treated my answer to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
God of Jesus: "God is love." (1 John 4:16)
God of Moses: "Kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man" (Num. 31:17)

God of Jesus: "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me." (Mark 9:37)
God of Moses: "Put to death men and women, children and infants" (1 Sam. 15:2-3)

God of Jesus: "Love does no harm to its neighbor" (Rom. 13:10)
God of Moses: "He totally destroyed all who breathed, just as the Lord, the God of Israel, had commanded." (Josh. 10:40)

God of Jesus: "[The devil] was a murderer from the beginning." (John 8:44)
God of Moses: "Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children" (Ezek. 9:6)

God of Jesus: "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)
God of Moses: "Like a lion I will devour them." (Hosea 13:8)

God of Jesus: "Anyone who does not love his brother [is of the devil]." (1 John 3:10)
God of Moses: "Go back and forth killing your brother and friend and neighbor" (Exod. 32:27)

God of Jesus: "[The devil] is a liar and the father of lies." (John 8:44)
God of Moses: "Put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours." (1 Kings 22:23)

God of Jesus: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy." (John 10:10)
God of Moses: "Pursue, kill and completely destroy them." (Jer. 50:21)

God of Jesus: "He who does what is sinful is of the devil" (1 John 3:8)
God of Moses: "Do not leave alive anything that breathes" (Deut. 20:16)

God of Jesus: "God so loved the world.." (John 3:16)
God of Moses: "I will wipe humankind ..from the face of the Earth." (Gen. 6:7)

God of Jesus: "Love your enemies" (Luke 6:27-28)
God of Moses: "Treat the Midianites as enemies and kill them." (Num. 25:16-17)

God of Jesus: "For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone" (James 1:13)
God of Moses: "[He] tempted Abraham" (Gen. 22:1)
There is nothing easier than marrying completly unrelated Bible veses together to build a case:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
Matt 12:31 anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:50 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is what you get when you give an honest answer to pcamps, - a false off-topic accusation.

At least I tried to answer your questions, but apparently you were not interested in getting an answer.

Another typical pcamps non-answer.
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

You are led by your doctrines and traditions,your posts indicate you have no idea what being led by the spirit is,you are just repeating words on paper and clearly have no experience of it. If Jesus Christ dwelling in you cannot do all what you claim he does for you, without the use of the bible, you do not know Jesus Christ in reality, you have a golden calf wrapped up in the pages of the book.

You do not believe anything can inspire you outside of the word of God, any example like pointed out to you, would never be of any satisfaction to you.

For instance Do you believe the above scripture ?. Would you have the nerve to say to Jeremiah show me something you have learned that is not already in the bible?.The tone of your question is unbelief and the sound of it is reminiscent of a philistine giant. You believe the bible is a God and and you do not see it.

How about the shepherd boy David, where did his inspiration come from ?. He spoke about water, trees, animals, the sky above and a host of other things, they all came to him by inspiration from him calling upon The Lord( which by the way is not "I'm over here",but immersing your very thought life into Life itself).

Last edited by pcamps; 05-16-2013 at 05:13 AM..

Old 05-16-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
There is nothing easier than marrying completly unrelated Bible veses together to build a case:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
Matt 12:31 anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
You see the day always declares it. You have to make it about sin, rather than the over abounding grace of God and the reality of God really is, by the life and example of Jesus Christ. Let me also say this in response to your "show me something you know that is not already in the bible?".............. Well here's your answer........Jesus Christ.........he is not in the bible, he abides in the Temple of God.......... Know you not that you not the bible are the temple of God, knowing the bible says it, is not knowing it.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

You are led by your doctrines and traditions,your posts indicate you have no idea what being led by the spirit is,you are just repeating words on paper and clearly have no experience of it. If Jesus Christ dwelling in you cannot do all what you claim he does for you, without the use of the bible, you do not know Jesus Christ in reality, you have a golden calf wrapped up in the pages of the book.

You do not believe anything can inspire you outside of the word of God, any example like pointed out to you, would never be of any satisfaction to you.
Pcamps, you are not answering the question because you do not have an answer, and you are too proud to admit it. Instead you are trying to blame me for your inability to answer, and that is dishonest at best. I honored you with a direct answer to your question, but when I asked you a question you disrespected by getting personal, which you are continuing here.

No further comment. As usual you are only looking to argue and accuse, and people like you are best ignored.

PS. There is no need for you to explain what I believe. I know what I believe, and you obviously don't. You misrepresent me every trime you try.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
You see the day always declares it. You have to make it about sin, rather than the over abounding grace of God and the reality of God really is, by the life and example of Jesus Christ.
Funny, verses where I see forgiveness, you see sin.

Over and out.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM

Dear Finn for the good of this thread no more
Direct posts to you from me on it. What wardendresden is sharing on here needs to be heard. I just
Hope he's not done on it yet.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
I will post a few more so that literalists can struggle with rationalizing their views.
Quote:
It would be nice if you could post an honest answer to an honest question.
I guess not. That's ok, silence confirms what I thought all along, but I thought I would offer you the opportunity to back up your claim.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,513,356 times
Quote:
You see the day always declares it. You have to make it about sin, rather than the over abounding grace of God and the reality of God really is, by the life and example of Jesus Christ. Let me also say this in response to your "show me something you know that is not already in the bible?".............. Well here's your answer........Jesus Christ.........he is not in the bible, he abides in the Temple of God.......... Know you not that you not the bible are the temple of God, knowing the bible says it, is not knowing it.
Quote:
Funny, verses where I see forgiveness, you see sin.

Over and out.
Here's what I see as funny... this
Quote:
But here are six signs that you may be a Pharisee---and Twin could pay attention here, too. I check them against my own views to be certain my heart is not hardening:

God hates haughty eyes. Proverbs 6:16-19 Living Bible
[1] The obvious crickets from the God is only love crowd on that one.... lucky you Wardendresden

[2] The self-checklist of how to identify a pharisee, which Wardendresden has been able to avoid.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
But here are six signs that you may be a Pharisee---and Twin could pay attention here, too. I check them against my own views to be certain my heart is not hardening:

God hates haughty eyes. Proverbs 6:16-19 Living Bible
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Here's what I see as funny... this[1] The obvious crickets from the God is only love crowd on that one.... lucky you Wardendresden

[2] The self-checklist of how to identify a pharisee, which Wardendresden has been able to avoid.
Ironic, isn't it...Must be one of those "higher plane" things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity