Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 09:52 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,290 times

Advertisements

Jesus said His followers would possess the light of life. David or the Psalmist in Psalm 56:13 also uses this phrase. So this was not an original for Jesus in John 8:12. Job also used it in Job 33:30.

Job 33:30

"to bring back their souls from the Pit, so that they may see the light of life. "

Psalm 56:13

"For you have delivered my soul from death, and my feet from falling, so that I may walk before God in the light of life."

John 8:12

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."

Comments?

If you possess the light of life and life is God's word as Jesus said then that light is to shine for God's glory as Jesus said;

"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 10:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
The light of life is in that of loving others as yourself.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The light of life is in that of loving others as yourself.
What if a person doesn't love himself? How can they love others?

The love theology doesn't work in the Jesus theology. It is not a human way but a Godly way.

Be perfect as God is perfect.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:32 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus said His followers would possess the light of life. David or the Psalmist in Psalm 56:13 also uses this phrase. So this was not an original for Jesus in John 8:12. Job also used it in Job 33:30.
"to bring back their souls from the Pit, so that they may see the light of life. "
"For you have delivered my soul from death, and my feet from falling, so that I may walk before God in the light of life."
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."
Comments?
If you possess the light of life and life is God's word as Jesus said then that light is to shine for God's glory as Jesus said;
"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father."
This is why the international proclaiming about the good news of God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 has now reached such vast global proportions today as per Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
Even modern technology has made rapid Bible translation possible.
Remote translation offices make Scripture available so that people even in remote areas of Earth now have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
Yes, 'spiritual light' grows brighter and brighter with each passing day - Proverbs 4:18; Daniel 12:4,9

Old 07-11-2019, 08:35 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
What if a person doesn't love himself? How can they love others?
The love theology doesn't work in the Jesus theology. It is not a human way but a Godly way.
Be perfect as God is perfect.
.... and I find that God is perfect ( or complete ) in loving - Matthew 5:43-48
Jesus' theology is found in his New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
Jesus has self-sacrificing love for others, so we are now to love others ' more ' than self.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
.... and I find that God is perfect ( or complete ) in loving - Matthew 5:43-48
Jesus' theology is found in his New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
Jesus has self-sacrificing love for others, so we are now to love others ' more ' than self.
The only way to love others that is worthy of the kingdom of God is to lay your life down for your friends. But the dead have no life so they cannot do so. Only those who possess the light of life can lay down there life.

"Love one another the way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down your life for your friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you."

See how Jesus makes conditions for being his friend. Not very loving as man thinks!

Old 07-12-2019, 04:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:

Comments?

Walking in the light of life = returning to the land of Israel...

Old 07-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Walking in the light of life = returning to the land of Israel...
In a manner of speaking those who walk in the light of life do return to the promised land.

Blessed are the meek who walk in the light of life, theres is the kingdom of heaven.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
In a manner of speaking those who walk in the light of life do return to the promised land.

Blessed are the meek who walk in the light of life, theres is the kingdom of heaven.
You’ve misunderstood...

Old 07-14-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You’ve misunderstood...
Explain. What do you think I misunderstood? You? Or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity