Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM

817 posts, read 739,849 times

Advertisements

Hey dudes..we should all probably abandon this thread now. This thing would go on forever. I'd honestly rather listen to a dog bark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Jesus said to follow Him. To use His words, keep His commandments walk in the light and do Gods will. Anyone who preaches anything other than to follow His teaching does not follow Him.

Scripture says; "Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."

"Keep the ways of the Lord by doing what is right and just."

"The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

"My chosen one shall inherit the land my servants shall dwell there."

Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 PM

Amen and Hallelujiah!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM

794 posts, read 846,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
You have nothing at all to back up what you are saying. It's all propaganda..and it's a joke.
I've backed up everything I've said. You call it a joke because you don't believe. The things of God are simple. God loves to give, not demand.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Amen and Hallelujiah!
And now you're mocking me. When a person loses a debate they often resort to attacks.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There is no debt to be paid. God is not holding our sins against us. Salvation isn't about appeasing God, it's about God's S/spirit in us overcoming our sin and freeing us, once and for all.
I never said there is a debt to be paid. Did you quote the wrong person?

Old 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
I never said there is a debt to be paid. Did you quote the wrong person?

No, I didn't. I was making the point that salvation isn't about a debt being paid to God. It's not about God demanding anything, as you are accusing others of saying, but which in reality is what you are saying. You are saying salvation is about God demanding a payment for sin that was paid by Jesus. But that's not what salvation is about. It's about God's desire to overcome sin by the power of His S/spirit working in and through us. That is what God is giving us.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
And now you're mocking me. When a person loses a debate they often resort to attacks.
How did I mock you by saying Amen and Hallelujiah?

LOL!!!!

How is that an attack? Man..now I think that you are really starting to trip, bro.

I didn't lose the debate by the way. Most people in this thread actually don't agree with you or see any real logic in your reasoning. And I am sorry that you are so upset, that my use of the words Amen and Hallelujiah made you feel mocked. Maybe one day you will know the Peace of Christ.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Well...I'm off to make some breakfast burritos. Pork sausage, eggs, potatoes, some seasonings and salsa. Not exactly kosher but still great.

Romans519...I think I understand your position, and I think that you have no need to further reiterate it. If you wish to, then no problem, but I see no reason why you and I need to further communicate. To the other peeps, you can tarry with him if you like, but I think it's a waste of time.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Well...I'm off to make some breakfast burritos. Pork sausage, eggs, potatoes, some seasonings and salsa. Not exactly kosher but still great.
Sounds delish. Enjoy. I do hope you will come back and answer my question (if you want to) in your Prayer thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity