Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,530,125 times

Advertisements

The wisdom of man is too puffed up trying to make sense of water baptism to be
saved---John 3:5.

Their a philosophy expert too much to accept modest attire----1 Peter 3:3.

Their a culture time expert too much to accept the Sabbath today---Hebrews 4.

Their too modern with the world to accept a modest living---1 Timothy 6.

Their too carnal for contentment with their wages----Luke 3:14.

They want rules with intregation and segregation on their terms---2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Their in a fantasy world that Christianity does not require education to know
God's will----2 Timothy 2:15.

They vision God being a Father spoiling you with no rules----Romans 6:1.

They want authority over who they marry----Romans 7:2-3.

They can't imagine God being a loving Father and yet telling you not to love
the world-----1 John 2:15.

Their more inspired by gifts then all the will of God to obey----Matthew 7:21-24.

They only want to obey God to a certain extinct---John 8:31.

They want love from a child of God but not bible correction from a child of God---James 5:20.

The only discipline they want is faith for whatever they want---Romans 12:3.

They want to stay the same and not lose friends---Matthew 10:34-37.

Good news is more important to them then truth of all the bible---Luke 6:26.

Friendship is more important to them then unity with brethren----Psalms 133:1.

Church service is more important to them then prayer ministry God's way---John 17:9.

Altar call is more important to them then tongue rules in the church---ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

A office in the church is more important to them then being in what God has assigned to us
only----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Forgiveness sermons is more important to them then repentance sermons----Romans 6:1.

Brief conversation is more important to them then really knowing strangers with all the
bible----1 Thess. 5:12 and Amos 3:3.

Random sermons is more important to them then all the bible preached---2 Timothy 3:16.

Assumption of who the scholar experts are is more important then knowing who the scholar
expert is only in all the bible---1 John 2:27.

Generalized sermons on fruits of the Spirit is more important then getting past flattery with
charity only----Matthew 7:21-24.

Commitment is more important then knowing how we know we have the ministry of God
to be under---Matthew 15:14.

Generousity is more important then being connected to a ministry we have a equal yoke
with today-----2 Cor. 6:14-17 and Galations 1:8-9.

Blood or cross sermons are more important then knowing how to receive it
today-----Romans 6:1 and John 8:31.

Using grace to preach against the 613 old law ordinances is more important then
taking on trivia laws for today-----Matthew 5:17-20.

Time for 100% bible believers to know each other----1 Thess. 5:12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,287,253 times
Because of posts like this.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:24 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,186,078 times
ditto- because of posts like this.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,285,299 times
Christians are "despised"? Who knew?

Wow. There are churches everywhere. You can put a bumper sticker on your car with the name of your child's Christian school. You can buy a Bible at Walmart or check one out for free at your local public library. Religious jewelry is sold at Kohls and I've yet to get punched in the nose for saying, " God bless you" when someone sneezes. Which I did just today. The recipient did not give me a dirty look.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,402,959 times
Yes I do. Because we view the world in an entirely different way to which Jesus Christ did.

Repent from believing you are despised because you tell everyone you believe in God and the bible.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:49 AM

409 posts, read 960,127 times
A quote attributed to Mahatma Ghandi..."I like your Christ...I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

To be a Christian means imitating the Christ. Many so called Christians do not.

It's easy to identify true Christians...do they have genuine love among themselves or is it just in Church? Do they fight against each other? Are they impartial? Are they honest at home, work, school? Do they have love for their fellowman even if not related by faith?

Think about it!

Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM

9,702 posts, read 10,069,375 times
The basic reason Christians are devalued is that God chose man to be His family before Adam and Eve , and the devil had other plans , and God having a family through man was not the plan of the devil and his hoards ....As the result Christians are the Family of God which God planned in the creation , and the devil hates God and His creation which man is the result .... So then the people of the devil like Mahatma Ghandi who devalued Christians , and other people of the devil who devalue Christians ....See the devil and demons and fallen angels manipulate man which only through Lord Jesus Christ can redeem people of this menace, where God can put in His spirit in People which enables people to love God

Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM

452 posts, read 711,736 times
Right ON Tony! I love the way you make people look up the verses! You're absolutely right, if we were doing what those verses said, we'd be showing the world what the Kingdom looked like!!!

But, remember this: "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." John 15:19

I know you catch a lot of flack for your posts brother, but the one's that rebuke you are the ones that either don't know their scriptures or they're not (at the very least) googling the scriptures you've posted OR, they don't have the Spirit.

God bless brother. I know it takes a long time to write a study like that and I thank you for taking the time to call the Body to arms!!!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:23 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,106,093 times
I think that most of the Christians that are despised in this day and age are the ones who are always cramming their beliefs down other people's throats and telling people that they're going to burn in Hell. I don't get the feeling that Christians who aren't like that are despised at all.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,335,000 times
You're right Katzpur.....tonytonytony could learn from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity