Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

God is very specific in telling us this:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 4:9-11 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

(11) These things command and teach.

Are you teaching that "God will NOT have all men to be saved" even though "Christ gave Himself a ransom for all"?

or

Are you teaching that "God WILL have all mankind to be saved" for "Christ gave Himself a ransom for all"?

Are you teaching that "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, JUST those that believe"?

or

Are you teaching that "God IS the Saviour of all mankind, specially or those that believe"?

If you are obedient, good for you.
If you are disobedient, SHAME on you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Sure you can take the Word of God and legalize it to the literal Scrip and ignore the condition and rules Jesus commanded people to do to be saved , Like sure It does not say repent or Parish there , but that does not mean that these rules are not evident ....... See understanding and wisdom comes from Holy Spirit who does not shame anyone , as this is the doctrine of condemnation which is not of the character of Holy Spirit ...... The plain truth is not all men will be saved in the end , but that does not mean that they where not acceptable to be saved , but that they ignore the rules of Jesus Christ , and made up their own way which usually not the way God ordained men to obey

Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure you can take the Word of God and legalize it to the literal Scrip and ignore the condition and rules Jesus commanded people to do to be saved , Like sure It does not say repent or Parish there , but that does not mean that these rules are not evident ....... See understanding and wisdom comes from Holy Spirit who does not shame anyone , as this is the doctrine of condemnation which is not of the character of Holy Spirit ...... The plain truth is not all men will be saved in the end , but that does not mean that they where not acceptable to be saved , but that they ignore the rules of Jesus Christ , and made up their own way which usually not the way God ordained men to obey
Quitcher complainin and just be obedient to what God wants you to do as a believer . . .

THESE THINGS CHARGE AND TEACH.

Quitcher whining.

I can just see you folks before the bema of Christ:

Jesus: Did you do what I told you to do?
Christian: Yes Sir I did!
Jesus: Really?
Christian: Yes Sir.
Jesus: Did you teach others that "God will have all mankind to be saved"? and teach that God IS the Saviour of all mankind?"
Christian: My pastor told me it wasn't true so I didn't.
Jesus: Don't pass the buck. You knew it was plain as day what I told you to do.
Christian: But I thought I'd lose all my friends.
Jesus: So? I lost my life.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 4:9-11 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

Are you teaching that "God will NOT have all men to be saved" even though "Christ gave Himself a ransom for all"?

or

Are you teaching that "God WILL have all mankind to be saved" for "Christ gave Himself a ransom for all"?

Are you teaching that "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, JUST those that believe"?

or

Are you teaching that "God IS the Saviour of all mankind, specially or those that believe"?

Provocative!! --In a good way, though!

Yes, Jesus came to save the world. He said it Himself!

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

or

or

I wonder why the faithful saying worthy of full acceptance is not accepted, but also resisted with such passion ?.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with my own? Is your eye evil, because I am good? Matt 20:16

Maybe those who resist the faithful saying with such passion Should start looking through their eyes, rather than by them.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I wonder why the faithful saying worthy of full acceptance is not accepted, but also resisted with such passion ?.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with my own? Is your eye evil, because I am good? Matt 20:16

Maybe those who resist the faithful saying with such passion Should start looking through their eyes, rather than by them.
I do too. It's amazing how much people are willing to despise the good news and fight tooth and nail to suppress the truth. The fields are truly white unto harvest and the laborers are few. I used to think about that scripture and wonder why the laborers were few and why God didn't do something about it. He needs vessels of mercy. God was and is still IN CHRIST reconciling the world unto himself. It's really mind-blowing. And I feel a little sad too because I neglect my calling for worldly things -- work, earning money, all that daily stuff. And yet there are people in prison waiting for someone ( a vessel of mercy, an angel of the Lord) to come so they may be delivered - waiting, waiting to hear the good news that is being suppressed. Do you ever feel sad about this - and a sense of urgency because of the suffering you know the body of Christ is in? I was in prison for so many years. I despised the day of my birth. It was really awful. Just thinking about it makes me upset. I used to fear I might have to go back to that horrible place. But I never have. Thank God! And thank him for the vessel of mercy who told me the truth.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM

201 posts, read 236,318 times
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."

Notice the word 'faith'? So, while Jesus did the work, God provided the gift of salvation...it is up to us to accept that gift. If we don't accept it, we don't have it. Faith is our respond to the truth. Faith is that acceptance. God's word says, "without faith it is impossible to please Him."

Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
I can't imagine someone coming up to me with a gift, and saying... "Here, please accept this gift.. " and when I don't accept their gift, they bludgeon me over the head with it.

I'm just sayin....

Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."

Notice the word 'faith'? So, while Jesus did the work, God provided the gift of salvation...it is up to us to accept that gift. If we don't accept it, we don't have it. Faith is our respond to the truth. Faith is that acceptance. God's word says, "without faith it is impossible to please Him."
My very dear Chaotic,
This is how my literal translation has that passage:

Eph 2:8-9 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present, (9) not of works, lest anyone should be boasting."

In the Old Testament the approach present was sacrificed on the altar as a burnt offering of sweet savor to approach God. Without that approach present the High Priest could not go into the Holy of Holies to approach God. So what is the approach present God brought Himself which we did not bring? It was His Own Dear Beloved Sinless Son Whom He sacrificed to bring us to Him. It is all on His part. There is no boasting on our part. Why? Because He is the One Who brought the approach present, not us. And because of Him doing that, He tears the curtain apart to the Holy of Holies and is friends with us and so we can walk right in without fear.

Now, getting back to 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11, Why would God tell us to teach these things if they are a lie? Does God really have us teach lies that "God will save ALL mankind because Christ ransomed all mankind" and tell us to teach that God IS the Saviour of ALL mankind?

If eternal torment is true, then God is telling us to teach a lie, right?

He does not tell us to teach He is the Saviour of just SOME of mankind. He does not tell us to teach He is the Saviour ONLY of the believer. Does He?

Teaching this causes us to suffer reproach as the apostle Paul said. Are we suffering reproach? or are we applauded by man for teaching He won't save all mankind? Who should we obey? Should we obey man or God?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM

Hmm, seems our friends here who believe in eternal torment are disobedient to God when He tells us all to teach "God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all mankind" and "God is the Saviour of all mankind especially them that believe. These things charge and teach (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10,11).

So don't tell me about how obedient you are in all other things if you can't be obedient to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity