Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is supported by John 3 : Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
Explain how you hating the light and not wanting to come to the light actually came to the light? . You are making it sound like Jesus wants you to overcome being butt naked and stand in front of the light so you can see yourself butt naked. Now if this is what you are saying, i can understand you being offended. Especially when there are no fig leaves you can reach for. I also know that you believe in choice, so explain how you chose against your own will to come to the light?.

I ask you these question because they need answering, especially when you think you are speaking the truth and on behalf of it.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-27-2015 at 10:39 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
That is supported by John 3 : Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
Did you know the next verse says this?

“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” How does this verse fit with there are none righteous, no of us are any good belief you hold onto ?

So the question is.... were you practicing truth before the light offended you?
, if you were then according to this verse there would be no need to be offended, for all who do come to the light know their deeds are wrought in God.

Your beliefs about the light have been exposed to be false beliefs, hope that does not offend you.

I ask you these question because they need answering, especially when you think you are speaking the truth and on behalf of it.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-27-2015 at 10:40 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I can only reply to what you write. Not what you were thinking you were writing, Finn.

I wish I could. I have never developed the skill. I will work on it though.
I spelled it out for you to clarify what I meant. Some people would say "thanks for the clarification", but I guess you don't have that skill.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-27-2015 at 10:53 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 10:47 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Some people would say "thanks for the clarification", but I guess you don't have that skill.
Thanks for the clarification, Finn. My guesser is broken, I tell ya. Broken.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Finn, I reread your post 379. It didn't answer the questions.
LOL. Of course not .

Pleroo: Excuse me, how much is 2+2?

Person: The answer is 4

Pleroo: Why don't you answer?

Person: I just did, I said the answer is 4

Pleroo: How much is 2+2?

Person: I just told you the answer is 4.

Pleroo: That doesn't answer the question

Pleroo (next day): How much is 2+2?

You can't make it up

Old 07-27-2015, 10:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
LOL. Of course not .

Pleroo: Excuse me, how much is 2+2?

Person: The answer is 4

Pleroo: Why don't you answer?

Person: I just did, I said the answer is 4

Pleroo: How much is 2+2?

Person: I just told you the answer is 4.

Pleroo: That doesn't answer the question

Pleroo (next day): How much is 2+2?

You can't make it up

That seems obvious by the response some feign giving on C-D. Try as they might, no amount of faking it will ever turn that pig's ear into a silk purse.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yep, it's not adding up.

Finn, I reread your post 379. It didn't answer the questions.
The thing is Pleroo, most of us got caught up in this vague contradictory belief system that just doesn't add up, but defended it like the bible warriors we are, instead of actually looking at and examining what we believe and why we believe it.

I suppose you can get so far into something that it rules over you it is difficult to let go, even in the light of seeing what you believe does not really add up. Old belief habits die hard i guess.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:00 AM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is only one way you would know that, you have done it yourself.
You are correct- like everyone else alive- including you, I have done so. However, due to Him helping me to recognize my sin and repent- my sin is no longer held agaqinst me. People like you can hate me or what I say, but that is irrelevant. Adios.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not at all kool, it is called i do not need those stinking standards simply because Jesus has promised me LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE, and so long as I have Him, I will always be found acceptable and never wanting.
You have the right to your opinion- of which I disagree. You sound like Joel Osteen, who only speaks of Gods love and forgiveness. He neglects to mention unrepentent sin and judgement. If you only want to believe the good stuff in Gods Word- go right ahead.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Thank you- it is SHOCKING when someone on here actually sees the truth! Most are offended by conviction, or want to believe in Gods love and forgiveness- but disregard the concept of judgement on unrepentent sinners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity