Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 09:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You said atheists are offended by Christianity giving up Nicky Cruz, as if that example applies to everyone especially atheists.
Where did I say that about atheists?

This has nothing to do with atheism. Your earlier accusation that I am bashing atheists is nothing but a false accusation, and an effort to deflect.

Everyone who does evil hates the light.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

This has nothing to do with atheism. Your earlier accusation that I am bashing atheists is nothing but a false accusation, and an effort to deflect.

Well, how did you come to the light then ? You decided to take it like a man the offense that the light brings .

Old 07-27-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Was it the fact that I did not believe Jesus was real? No, that would not be offensive, I would have shrugged and walked away. It was the opposite, it was the fact that suddenly I knew He WAS real, and that He knew everything about me and what I had done, and about my weaknesses, insecurities, helplessness and unhappiness. He even knew my thoughts. He was looking straight into my soul. He blew my cover. He also made me realize that if I humbled myself, He would make all those things go away. It violated my pride and it was very offensive. Again, I do not blame you for not understanding.
I still cannot fathom how Jesus making you realize he could make all the things he apparently exposed in you go away offended you. If he blew your cover, you obviously knew those things existed already, so why did Jesus need to expose to you what you already knew?, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In fact it would make more sense that Jesus showed up at your door and said "Finn i am here to take those things you have been hurting with all these years away from you".
So my conclusion is....... you have not heard or believed the good news yet.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:18 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:

This is what you wrote. You specified atheists. I have said nothing false. These are your words.

"Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?"

Old 07-27-2015, 09:22 AM

Hear you go Finn........ the good news, let us know if this is offensive to you

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5F3wwBdK0[/url]

Old 07-27-2015, 09:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
The truth that we deny civil rights to our brothers and sisters in the community offends me.

The truth that single mothers are demonized, offends me.

The truth that millions of dollars have been put into the political system to deny women their reproductive health, offends me.

The truth that women are paid less than their male counterparts, offends me.

The Duggars, CARM, John Hagee, Franklin Graham, Brian Fischer, and Mike Huckabee, offend me.

The truth that you can fired for being a member of the LGBTQ community.

The confederate flag offends me.

Young men going into public places to murder the innocent offends me.

I do not intend to get over anything. I intend to change it. In my lifetime.
these aints truths, these are made up personal opinions. People can make up anything they want to protect a personal world view.

single moms aint demonized, that's BS. High schoolers pushing out little onez should be demonized, who gona pay for mom and baby now? How about crap parents and low income parents being forced on hard working area's? oh yeah, that's way better.

It seems you did a good job changing it. working hard to earn your keep is gone. "unarmed" is the new innocent. Mentally ill and criminals have more rights than the father protecting a child. nice show you got there.

no christ sake, athiest with your type of "truth" will allow religion's hold on us to never end.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think Nicky Cruz was the last gang member on the planet who accepted Christ.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
This is what you wrote. You specified atheists. I have said nothing false. These are your words.

"Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?"
OK, I thought I had used the word 'unbelievers', because that is what I meant. If course atheists fall in that category, as do many others. I started by the question "Why are so many offended by the truth?", so it should have been obvious it does not single out any particular group. Atheists were an used as an example, but they are not the only group.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
these aints truths, these are made up personal opinions. People can make up anything they want to protect a personal world view.
Correct.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think Nicky Cruz was the last gang member on the planet who accepted Christ.
He was not last. As a matter of fact, he later dedicated his life to bringing the light to the back-alleys where the gangs lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.