Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 01:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The last time I was over at tentmaker.com(at least 8 years ago) I had never seen anything there that resembles what Mystic posts here.
True. And the last time I had interaction with the founder of tentmaker (also years ago), he founded his faith on the bible being infallible as much as any other Christian fundamentalist.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
True. And the last time I had interaction with the founder of tentmaker (also years ago), he founded his faith on the bible being infallible as much as any other Christian fundamentalist.
Yep, like most universalists do that post on here.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:45 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Yep, like most universalists do that post on here.
When I was a Christian Universalist, I was offended by Mystic, too, and studiously ignored him. Funny that he was one of the kindest and most giving people to me here on this forum when my fundamentalism was ripped from me and I began asking the tough questions about Christian dogma. He never shied away from my questions nor my doggedness when something didn't make sense to me. He was one of the very few Christians here who wasn't put off by that, and never made me feel that because I was no longer a Christian I (and my questions) didn't deserve to be treated with respect, and never made me feel "less than" or unwelcome because I don't share all his beliefs. It made a tremendous impression on me.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
When I was a Christian Universalist, I was offended by Mystic, too, and studiously ignored him. Funny that he was one of the kindest and most giving people to me here on this forum when my fundamentalism was ripped from me and I began asking the tough questions about Christian dogma. He never shied away from my questions nor my doggedness when something didn't make sense to me. He was one of the very few Christians here who wasn't put off by that, and never made me feel that because I was no longer a Christian I (and my questions) didn't deserve to be treated with respect, and never made me feel "less than" or unwelcome because I don't share all his beliefs. It made a tremendous impression on me.
Can you explain how 'christian universalist fundamentalism' differs from just 'christiam universalism'? Which bible verses do they disagree on? Thanks.

And could you also explain what you, as a 'christian universalist', disagreed on with mystic, who also clams to be a 'christian universalist'.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-25-2015 at 02:53 PM..

Old 10-25-2015, 02:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Wow. Thank you for sharing that Pleroo. (That happened before I stated posting on these threads. I had no idea....)

Old 10-25-2015, 03:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Old 10-26-2015, 11:30 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
The last time I was over at tentmaker.com(at least 8 years ago) I had never seen anything there that resembles what Mystic posts here.
An old Tentmaker poster? I used to (as Transponder) post there (with Seeker SA) and the Owner used to ban me because I also posted on AN and he was offended by them.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:54 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
It has been a lot of years since I talked to Gary and Michelle. I do remember that one of the topics not allowed in his forum was questioning whether every part of the bible was the word of God. I don't know if he is still that rigid. I would think not after so many years. I will always be grateful for their ministry because it was used to bring me out of VERY HEAVY bondage to fear.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
An old Tentmaker poster? I used to (as Transponder) post there (with Seeker SA) and the Owner used to ban me because I also posted on AN and he was offended by them.
What is AN ? I got banned from Tentmaker several times. That was a long time ago. I don't know if they have a lot of activity on their forum anymore.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you explain how 'christian universalist fundamentalism' differs from just 'christiam universalism'? Which bible verses do they disagree on? Thanks.

And could you also explain what you, as a 'christian universalist', disagreed on with mystic, who also clams to be a 'christian universalist'.

Only if you can explain all the different verses that Baptists disagree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity