Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 04:38 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Why are so many offended by the truth? I know I used to be offended it by it because it hurt my pride, and I know many others who were offended by the Gospel. Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?

Old 09-29-2013, 04:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
You have a rich harvest of offended people on CDC
You will find them whenever u post the truth bek god is truth

Old 09-29-2013, 04:56 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Jesus warned that Christians would be persecuted and hated because of their faith. It really goes back to Genesis 3. Emnity between the seed of Satan, which is unbelief, sin, rebellions against God, and the seed of the woman who is Christ. This is the hidden battle that we don't see clearly, the battle between dark and light, Satan and God, death and life. Satan has mankind deluded and deceived by his lies, and damned just as he is. God's work, in Christ, is to bring salvation, which is freedom from Satan, sin death and the condemnation of the law, and to restore to all who believe life and immortality through the Gospel. This battle will continue till Jesus comes again.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
No one likes to confront their own sin.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
True. It is not easy to humble yourself and say "Lord, please forgive me". We are programmed to think we can do it on our own.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:05 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why are so many offended by the truth? I know I used to be offended it by it because it hurt my pride, and I know many others who were offended by the Gospel. Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?

MT 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." God is not at peace with the evil nature of man and when He speaks to the unregenerate heart it is like a sword that people hate because in exposes the inner thoughts and deeds of man that may be hidden to others but not to to God who sees all. It makes one very uncomfortable and so it should so as to get there attention.

This scripture has nothing to do with war and peace but about whether you have peace with God or not and He will let the world know often times with the "Sword of His mouth". Only in Christ do we have peace with God.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You have a rich harvest of offended people on CDC
You will find them whenever u post the truth bek god is truth
On the politics board someone was saying we have Christian tyranny in US, and I don't think anyone would say that unless they were offended by it.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
MT 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." God is not at peace with the evil nature of man and when He speaks to the unregenerate heart it is like a sword that people hate because in exposes the inner thoughts and deeds of man that may be hidden to others but not to to God who sees all. It makes one very uncomfortable and so it should so as to get there attention.

This scripture has nothing to do with war and peace but about whether you have peace with God or not and He will let the world know often times with the "sword of His mouth".
Excellent.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yea, many are offended that Jesus Christ said Father forgive them they know not what they do, and when pointed out to them that is the same spirit we should be of, this offends them too. The thirst for calling out sin instead of walking in love covering a multitude of it, is just to a hard a saying, like John 6:60.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM

595 posts, read 761,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post

This scripture has nothing to do with war and peace but about whether you have peace with God or not and He will let the world know often times with the "sword of His mouth".
Just adding-

Jude 1: 14-16
14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity